Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old April 20th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Thanks, all. I'm getting the feeling we'll be getting them all, sooner or later. Cheapest way is to win Heroscape tournaments & use the ensuing store credit.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 21st, 2011, 08:09 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Played a game of Warhammer: Invasion last night... We randomly drew for races and compiled a quick deck each from the expansion packs. My girlfriend was the Chaos, and I the Orcs.

This was a pretty intense match. As I was trying to build up my kingdom for resources to summon some heavy hitter units, she was taking the opportunity to pick away at my undefended Quest capital. When I finally had the capability to summon the heavy hitters, my capital was near burning, but worth the sacrifice as I attacked her hard causing extensive damage with my "buffered" High Mountain Troll, "buffered" Giant Spider, and Githet Cutfroat Hero (who has buffering abilities).

All in all it would look like victory was within my grasp as her kingdom capital had 6 damage, her quest capital was burning, and her units wittled down to nothing. I had a burning quest capital, 4 damage to my kingdom, and 3 to my battlefield. It was her turn and she had three units with only 1 power each. I had a lonely unit with a defense of 2 in my kingdom and my powerhouse team at the battlefield.

I knew she would attack my kingdom and my lonely unit would be able to hold off enough damage to keep me in the fight for just one more turn, which was all that I needed. Then came the sucker punch!!! She draws for her quest phase, and grins an evil grin. With that drawn card, she plays a tactic that corrupts my lonely defender. In her capital phase, she pays to summon another unit, giving her enough points to burn down my now undefended kingdom!

It was one of the coolest upsets that I have experienced... The Orcs (never defeated in my household) have finally tasted defeat. The "kid in the candy store" smile my girlfriend had for the upset win was priceless.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old April 21st, 2011, 08:50 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

got in some citadels yesterday - what a great game, would love to have a weekly group to play this one with. Played ascension to 144 pts -all the gems and won 181 to 101. Got in a lot of Ascension laely, blue moon city
pirates verses pirates
It`s Alive
Settler of catan
last 2 days have been game days

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:06 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got in a game of Summoner Wars tonight where my Phoenix Elves dominated the Fallen Kingdom. Man those undead have it rough.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I got in 2 games of Dominion today.

First game was with my 8 year-old twin daughters. Previously I just shuffled and helped while they played each other. This time I got to play, though I still shuffled. My daughter Paige won that one.

Second game is a milestone as I finally got my wife to join us to play. I won that one, but the biggest win for me was that my wife actually tried it and liked it. Great fun with the four of us playing. The girls get a thrill out of using Militia to mess others up. We played just the base set up as with all the previous games with the daughters. I'll ease them into the other Kingdom Cards as we go.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 22nd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We've played a mess of Thunderstone over the past week. The Kid finally took one from me in a game we wrapped up this morning; he's getting better at striking the balance between outmaneuvering me in the Village and knowing when to go to the Dungeon.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Scape x 4
Dragon Dice

I got in 2 games of scape with my daughter and 2 with Raider30. My daughter will be playing in her very first tournament in June and I'm stoked. I feel like a proud dad. So we've been working out some kinks in her army selection. Empress Kiova just isn't going to cut it no matter how cool she looks...

Raider30 and I also got in a few games for the tourney practice. We split the games between us. But man the Elf Wizards are horrible...

Dragon Dice was a great game. It took almost 2 hours though, which is real odd. I hadn't had a game last longer than 45 minutes before that. Raider30's army was Dwarven Mammoth Riders and Lava Elf Mages. I had my Feral army with a few trolls and phoenix thrown in. I captured an 8th face early but he dropped 2 dragons and me and sent me to my death. But the Troll's regeneration power was too powerful and with a few well timed lightning strikes and some ashes to ashes I was able to get him buried faster than he could me. Finally he beefed up his Mammoth Riders with Burning Hands and Flaming Armor but a smite from my phoenix and huge melee attack from army stopped him in his tracks.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:46 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nightfall x2 for the first time tonight. The first game was mostly learning. The second, my poor son kept chaining his starting cards and not paying attention to the fact he could discard cards for more influence. At the end of the game, his deck had more wounds than order cards.

Another good deck builder. I am going to have to find more players. I want to try it with 3+.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:11 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Two days ago:

Fury of Dracula x1

My Dracula took the game, after one of his minions killed Mina with a knife.

Yesterday:
Scape x1 at Grishnak's.

Epic C3G game of my 1,600 points villians against Grishnak and son's heroes.

Villians: Magneto, Pyro, Blob, Mystique, street thugs, Sentinels x4, Toad.

Heroes
Grishnak: Wolverine, Beast, Jean Grey, Profesor X.
Son: Cyclops, Collosus, Nightcrawler, Ice Man, Angel.

The sentinels carried the day, killing Wolverine, Beast, and leaving Jean Grey, Collosus and Cyclops injured. The game got closer when the fourth sentinel finally died but Magneto, Toad and Pyro were able to finish the job.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Great to see a C3G game being played and it's extra fun to see the Sentinels go so good as sometimes they get a bad rap. But it looks like they had a nice showing.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Great to see a C3G game being played and it's extra fun to see the Sentinels go so good as sometimes they get a bad rap. But it looks like they had a nice showing.

I can see the Sentinels being weak against a superman or something like that but against the X-Men (mutants) yesterday they were just about unstoppable. With that 7 defense dice, their ability to move any chosen sentinel on any order marker and advance other sentinels when combat dice are rolled, forget it.

There were moments in that game where I thought I was going to kill all of the X-men with just those 4 sentinels.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:57 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played Warhammer and Carcassonne yesterday.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games