Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old March 19th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

All but JJ.

He thinks he knows pretty much everything.

Our tastes are generally quite different so I never even consider his opinion on movies and TV most times. However we tend to be in agreement on most of the super hero content.

After Daredevil I am willing to give these series a little more time to develop. Season 2 of DD was incredible because of the foundation of S1.
Old March 19th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Some people have a low patience level for development and want everything instantly. So if there isn't nonstop action from the start, those people may be bored.

I prefer character development and growth and am willing to give shows time for that.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 19th, 2017, 11:30 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Agreed.

After the first episode I mentioned how IF reminded me of Tarzan and my friend said Green Arrow. In a later episode someone actually refers to Danny as Tarzan. So awesome.

I really love the yin-yang of corporate greed and Buddhism.

I think the writers know they have IF for another series so they are taking it a bit slow which hopefully will pay off in Defenders!
Old March 19th, 2017, 02:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm 10 episodes in now, still really happy with it. I like the idea of a 13 episode season origin story though. No need to rush it and try to jam an entire origin story into 2 hours like they do in the movies.
Old March 19th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm not surprised someone who didn't like JJ wouldn't like this. They're both detective stories, in a way. JJ was my favorite of all of them, though, and I'm enjoying Iron Fist very much. Thought police be damned! /s

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
D&D is too scary for your wife japes?

Looking forward to Iron Fist!
The first scene was the guy running to the elevator...not the D&D scene.

Just finished Daredevil season ONE last night. We both enjoyed it. Early on I wasn't sure what the hype was for as it seemed to just be showing off how graphic it could be since it wasn't network TV. Then it seemed to move past that and the story really developed. I really enjoyed the episode 2 single camera continuous flow scene at the end. Part of the show had that Classic Horror feel where the action happened off screen which I quite enjoyed. The stunts and fight scenes were really good throughout. Kingpin took time to grow on me. His social "issues" at first came off to me as the actor just being uncomfortable reading his lines.

My wife was ready to start season 2 but I told her we needed to watch Jessica Jones first. There's probably not many tie-ins between the shows with the exception of Luke Cage needing to come after JJ since I believe I heard he's introduced there. I plan to just watch them all in release order anyway.

EDIT: Yes, I know I'm way behind but remember I recently spent 4 straight months without the physical ability to watch TV.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 8th, 2017, 01:15 PM

The real payoff is Season 2. So good!

You do not have to watch JJ first. Rosario makes her appearance as she does in all of them and yes it introduces Cage but it does not really tie into DD.

Watch JJ before LC and then Iron Fist but you would be OK going S1-S2 for DD.

However I would watch them in order to mix it up. JJ is incredibly well written.
Actually, now that I think about there is a lawyer tie-in that is fairly important in the grand scheme of things, so watch JJ next.
Old April 8th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My daughters and I watched season 1 of DD for the 2nd time, as we watched it when it first came out, and the reason I got Netflix.

We are about 5 episodes into season 2 of DD, watching it for the 2nd time as well.

I didn't let them watch JJ or LC when I watched them after they came out, but I might let them watch them after DD2. Though, I will watch some ahead of time just to mark certain parts I want to skip when watching with my daughters. Not too much, but there's some sex scenes I'm not comfortable with them seeing yet. Other than that, they are mature enough for the other stuff.

We watched IF and it was ok, though not something I would want to watch a 2nd time.

Looking forward to a Punisher series later this year. Supposedly, it takes place before his run in with DD, so it's more of an origins series. He is a tremendous actor, and really made the part he was in of DD2 awesome.

Old April 8th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Episode directed by RZA from Wu Tang is easily the best of the series.
Overall It was enjoyable to me, but average and in my mind one of the weaker ones of Netflix's Originals.

The actor playing Danny Rand should have been trained in martial arts In my opinion, and some of the dialogue and exposition was terrible to the point of making me cringe.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 8th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Overall It was enjoyable to me, but average and in my mind one of the weaker ones of Netflix's Originals.

The actor playing Danny Rand should have been trained in martial arts In my opinion, and some of the dialogue and exposition was terrible to the point of making me cringe.
DD had the benefit of it being easy to have a double do all the fighting, since he was in a mask. JJ and LC just had to do strong person type fighting, not much skill required. So it would have been prudent for them to get a well trained martial artist for Iron Fist. If there is ever a point where Danny puts on his costume, then they can have a double do the fighting scenes.

As for the writing, well they need to do something about that.

Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed the series well enough. But I was just disappointed to see Iron Fist as a so so martial artist and having so many bitter beer face moments.

Old April 8th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post

DD had the benefit of it being easy to have a double do all the fighting, since he was in a mask. JJ and LC just had to do strong person type fighting, not much skill required. So it would have been prudent for them to get a well trained martial artist for Iron Fist. If there is ever a point where Danny puts on his costume, then they can have a double do the fighting scenes.

As for the writing, well they need to do something about that.

Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed the series well enough. But I was just disappointed to see Iron Fist as a so so martial artist and having so many bitter beer face moments.
Im glad Im not alone. A huge killer for me is characters explaining why they act the way they do. I honestly thought Danny was the weakest character in the show.

Ironically my favorite character was the drunken master...And that actor\stunt man tried out for the role of Iron fist but was rejected.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 8th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Interesting. That was the best fight of the season, now that I think of it. Perhaps the fighting will be better once he's "in his costume," as Hahma said.

I didn't have a problem with the acting, at all. And one can expect, or at least hope, that the writing and the directing will be different in the future.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV