Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 9th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Peter Stanchek (Design Phase)

He's definitely a human teenager. He's got a degree of resilience, but nothing exceptional. But at the same time, he's one of the top power-wise characters in the Valiant. Save for the borderline God-tier characters (Immortal Enemy, Divinity, Geomancer) Peter and his nemesis Harada are the top. He 100% should be 300 point range, probably high range of that.

Essentially, he's gone toe-to-toe with Harada, though he's typically lost. The only times Harada has really lost was against Divinity (THE most powerful in Valiant, can do about anything) and lost against Unity (Valiant's "team" featuring several Valiant powerhouses.

I'm at a state of preferring something that better captures the reckless rage of Peter rather than just "another psychic power he has." The only power that I'd say is "essential" at all would be some incarnation of the Mental Scream power, given that it his signature move. The lobotomizing scream is essentially the focused version of the Sting power that was his early signature move.
Old November 9th, 2018, 03:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Ahh, I read both powers several times and my mind played tricks on me as I never noticed that 'turn' was changed to 'attack' as to what is being ended. Having the wording so similar is going to do that to a lot of people. Since the desire is for a less potent version of the power, then I'd advise rewriting it as much as possible so the two powers read as distinct things. Dropping the once per round language would be the first thing I'd do, with the X already limiting it to once per round in all builds without Loki. Since it's one attack instead of the whole turn Loki giving you an extra X isn't all that scary.

I also feel the stats look pretty juiced, but I don't know the context. I asked in the inner sanctum about cross overs and was told that Iron Man and the Predator have popped up in this universe. Did either one have a direct cross over with this character or a character he often deals with? 8 move is pretty fast and 6 defense is top notch.

On the SA, I'm okay with it being more powerful than Prof. X's mental SA of 3, as it appears as though he is more action oriented than Prof. X is. So an SA of 4 seems fine, or an SA of 3 vs. -1 def. also seems okay to me, but combining them both seems like a pretty big step above what Prof. X does and he is no slouch on the mental stuff.

Not a big fan of the total negation of a card, mostly due to the way it can drive the price of a card up pretty high for something that won't happen in every game. I know in Classic some people love the auto-destroy on a 20 powers, but those units are always over priced in most games and not very draftable IMO as a result, plus auto-destroy or auto-negating a 450 point Superman is a more impactful than the generally lower level units Classic deals with on a regular basis. I'd hate to see this first figure in a new universe fall into the over priced for most games category like Judge Dredd did. Then their are also the theme concerns I have with a mental attack negating powers based on physical components. ie. Luke Cage's leadership power should be wiped out, but not his unbreakable skin.

As I mentioned before I don't know the character or universe so this could be way off based on theme, but here is another take on what it could mean to lobotomize someone in C3G.

MENTAL LOMBOTOMY
Once per game, instead of attacking with an unengaged Sting, you may choose a figure within 4 spaces of Sting. Remove all unrevealed Order Marker's from that figures card. On the following turn, no Order Markers may be placed on that figures card unless it is the last figure in your opponents army.

Last edited by Yodaking; November 9th, 2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old November 9th, 2018, 03:46 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Don't have time to take a proper look right now, but is there a reason he's a Renegade instead of a Telepath? Unless there's Renegade synergy planned, I'd suggest making him a Telepath for the sake of Telepath interacctions - the only Teeps who aren't Telepaths that I can think of are Mentallo and Saturn Girl, and that's because for them it was more important to incorporate Criminal and Legionnaire synergy, respectively.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 9th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Are we at too early of a stage for me to start making tweaks to the write up? Couldn't recall if there was a need to wait 24 hours before doing that. I have thoughts on all the feedback, which has been great and is really helpful for nailing the direction better!
Old November 9th, 2018, 04:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You can post up ideas you are considering at any time in the thread itself, just don't change what is in the SP right away so anyone just jumping into the conversation late can see where the design started. Eventually once you start to solidify around a new card idea, then you can change the SP before calling for a vote for the initial PT. When people vote on things, they look at what is in the SP and take what they see there as the official design they are being asked to vote on.
Old November 9th, 2018, 09:26 PM
Book Wyrm

Re: The Book of Peter Stanchek

Here's where I think I'm at now. Would love to hear some feedback on whether a mind-control or personality-like power would be the best complement.

Regarding the name: Sting is used as a name, but solely by one of the other characters, a nerdy character who was very into the whole name thing. So its a very weird situation where he rarely is referred to by the name, but the other characters of his team actually do get referred to by codenames a decent amount.

I wasn't sold on Telepath at first. Not all Psiots are telepaths so I didn't want to get in the habit of that. But when I saw that the Phoenix characters are marked as that (which Pete's powers are somewhat comparable to) I warmed up to it substantially. I'm thinking going that route unless there are objections.

Quote:
NAME = STING
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER STANCHEK

SPECIES = PSIOT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = REBELLIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

TELEPATHIC CONTROL
Before moving, you may choose a Unique Hero figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Sting that does not have the Mental Shield special power. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, take control of the chosen figure and that figure's Army Card and remove any Order Markers on that Army Card. If a Hero affected by this special power is no longer within 5 clear sight spaces of Sting at the start of any player's turn, remove any Order Markers on that figure's Army Card and return control of the figure and that figure's Army Card to the player who controlled the figure before it became Telepathic Controlled.

THE STING
Instead of attacking with Sting, you may select one figure within four spaces of Sting without the Mental Shield power. Roll a 20 sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. If you roll a 20 and the chosen figure is not the only remaining card in the opponent's army, it may not have more than one marker placed on its card during the next round.

PSIONIC FIELDS
If Sting or any friendly figure within 3 spaces of Sting is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, the attacking figures attack immediately ends.

FLYING

Potential Alternate First Power:
TRUST AND FURY
At the start of the game, you must choose a Unique Hero you control and place a Blue Bond marker on its card. That figure is considered Bonded to Peter. When the Bonded figure would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, immediately place the Bond marker on the card of an opponent’s figure in 3 clear sight spaces of the Bonded figure. While the Bond marker is on the card of a figure you control, Peter may add 2 to his move if he ends his move within 3 clear sight spaces of the Bonded figure. If the Bond marker not on a figure’s card you control, Peter adds 1 to his attack and subtracts one from his defense. When Peter attacks an opponent’s figure with a Bond marker on his card, he may attack that figure one additional time.
Old November 9th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Man, I really like all three of the powers you have in the latest post, but I also really liked Mental Scream - that feels really iconic to me, that moment where he breaks free of Harada and absolutely wrecks the whole building. Blowing up the heads of like a dozen people at once, that sort of thing.

I think the easiest thing to cut is the auto-wound in The Sting - it's kind of "boring" and is represented by his normal attack. Maybe marry that to the Psychic Scream special attack - roll attack dice against all figures within X spaces, then you can choose one to roll the d20 against?

I'd also err away from the codename here. It was the same question we had with the Runaways - they "have" codenames, but they don't usually use them. So what's most iconic? For him, I'd say it's just his name, Peter Stanchek.
Old November 9th, 2018, 10:24 PM
C3G Landlord

I prefer the power on the card to the alternate idea. Having to keep the controlled figure somewhat close makes it interesting, a figure that can move an opponents hero can break the mind control then. On the Trust power I don't see much benefit to having the marker on your own figure so I'd just put it on someone I could afford to sacrifice early in the game to get the +1 double attack going sooner.

Might increase the impact of rolling the 20, you may have gone too far in the nerf.
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:57 AM
Book Wyrm

So maybe something more like this? I really liked Johnny's idea for the scream, that might be a good middle ground when coupled with the order marker limiting ability. I think I found a direction for the first power I'm more happy with:

Quote:
NAME = PETER STANCHEK

SPECIES = PSIOT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = REBELLIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

TELEPATHIC COMMAND
Instead of attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Peter that does not have the Mental Shield special power. If it is a figure you control, take an immediate turn with that figure. If you do not not control that figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, take control of the chosen figure and that figure's Army Card, remove any Order Markers on that Army Card, and take an immediate turn with that figure. If a Hero affected by this special power is no longer within 3 clear sight spaces of Peter at the start of any player's turn, remove any Order Markers on that figure's Army Card and return control of the figure and that figure's Army Card to the player who controlled the figure before it became Telepathic Controlled.

MENTAL SCREAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
All enemy figures within three spaces of Peter are affected by Mental Scream Special Attack. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with Mental Scream, chose one figure affected by the attack and roll a 20 sided die. If you roll a 20 and the chosen figure is not the only remaining card in the opponent's army, it may not have any order markers placed on its card during the next round.

PSIONIC FIELDS
If Sting or any friendly figure within 3 spaces of Peter is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, the attacking figures attack immediately ends.

FLYING

Last edited by LordVenoc; November 11th, 2018 at 02:59 AM.
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:11 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

One thing I’d start looking at is text length. I’ve been told Dracula and Baron Mordo have the most text, so you can compare it to them.

EDIT: Also, can he throw stuff with his mind? If so, he might earn the SS Symbol like Jean Grey.
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:18 AM
C3G Landlord

Seems like a good approach to try out.

I just want to be sure I understand the intent on the defensive power, you just want to end the current attack only and not the current attack phase of the turn. So a double attack figure would have the first 4 skull roll ignored but then the second attack still gets rolled for. That's how I'm reading it. If you wanted to end the attack phase for a figure, then a double or triple attack would all be lost, but then after attacking powers like bonding still kick in.
Old November 11th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Book Wyrm

He's leveled part of a massive tower with his mind. I didn't realize that would qualify.

As it is it is negating one attack. I could see it being a prevention of all attacks against that figure that turn if he seems to come in underpowered for the mid/high 300s range.

Do people have thoughts on Telepathic Command? I'm concerned giving up the attack weakens him overall a bit too much. I like him being able to "control" allies, but I think there's no good concise way to do that here.

EDIT: Just counted. Peter has three more lines than Dracula. My immediate knee-jerk response is to rework Telepathic Command to be more like Grodd's one turn mind control. I know some liked his control, but the Scream should be more the "centerpiece" of the design than the control.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library