Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 2nd, 2022, 03:37 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Expanding the design space for competitive maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Will you lead the way in presenting us with a suite of 3 such maps?
Yes.

Old February 2nd, 2022, 09:03 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

I love the idea of making maps being the bounds of the "traditional" tournament standards. Personally, I've made a couple of maps that break the rules, but are intended for tournament play. I've always had a lot of fun making these maps and they tend to pull a lot of interest at our events.

For those interested, here is a list of the maps that break the standard set rules that we've used at events:
Crescendo
The Shattered Plains
Parched (although that's just for the sand hexes)
Valor's Vale

I highly encourage any TD to break the norms of tournament standards and try something fresh. We've had a lot of success with random formats and unique maps down here in Dallas. It tends to breathe fresh air into the game.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 2nd, 2022, 10:47 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
I've made a couple of maps that break the rules, but are intended for tournament play. I've always had a lot of fun making these maps and they tend to pull a lot of interest at our events.
Your maps are exactly the ones I had in mind when I wrote, “Try making a map without worrying about terrain sets.” They’re great examples for mapmakers who need a little encouragement to think outside the box.

Crescendo

The Shattered Plains

Parched

Valor's Vale
Old February 2nd, 2022, 03:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Valor's Vale is amazing. I have been thinking about a map that used the castle walls with a.raised start zone like that. Very cool.
Old February 2nd, 2022, 06:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Valor's Vale is amazing. I have been thinking about a map that used the castle walls with a.raised start zone like that. Very cool.
The only real issue with maps like that is that it becomes a fight on the bridge. The rest of the map generally doesn’t get used. Those maps do look amazing though.
Old February 2nd, 2022, 07:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Unless the glyphs are worth going after.
Old February 3rd, 2022, 03:33 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I can't choose a favorite. They are all incredible!

Old February 3rd, 2022, 09:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Ericth74 this sounds like a challenge for you! Can you make a "map set" of like three maps that use the combined parts of "6 or 7 different terrain sets - 3 master sets, plus 3 or 4 terrain expansions"? And with superhero themes for them? I think something like that would be an amazing asset to have for C3G Con.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2022, 02:24 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
@Ericth74 this sounds like a challenge for you! Can you make a "map set" of like three maps that use the combined parts of "6 or 7 different terrain sets - 3 master sets, plus 3 or 4 terrain expansions"? And with superhero themes for them? I think something like that would be an amazing asset to have for C3G Con.
Sounds fun. I can try.
Old February 3rd, 2022, 03:13 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

The Shattered Plains is easily one of the coolest maps to build and play on...friggin' legit.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 3rd, 2022, 03:14 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A few thoughts from a tournament-organization perspective:

1) Tournaments where individual players bring ~ 1 map with them probably will never work for something like this, as it requires each player to have the larger combination of total terrain.

2) Tournaments where one collection is used to build all the maps could theoretically do this. It would be especially easy when one player is using their personal collection, as we typically do in our New England tourneys. I know I personally don't store my terrain by exact set (I have all my green 24 hexes together, not a block of exactly 1 RtoV set).

3) For a tournament like ScapeCon (& GenCon before it), this would certainly be possible, but it would increase the length of time setup takes. A few details on ScapeCon setup: each terrain set is delivered in a compressed brick, and each person who's building a map goes up to the terrain boxes and takes one set of each terrain they need (i.e. 1 RotV, 1 TT, 1 TJ) and brings those to a table to build the map, where they build mostly on their own. This would necessitate sharing those bricks, which would take longer as you'd have to go around looking for individual pieces as you need them. I don't know how much longer it would take, but my guess is that setup goes from something like 2-3 hours to instead 3-4 hours.

Just wanted to add these observations as someone who has been involved in all 3 kinds and has helped with map setup at ScapeCon & GenCon.
Old February 3rd, 2022, 03:45 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As someone who organizes tournaments on the local scene here in the midwest (and someone who is working in custom terrain!), our group is looking at deciding on testing and approving terrain for our local tournaments (16-24 players usually). I do not think that it needs to be approved universally before groups try it out, but it should be questioned, play tested and questioned again. GameBear, I really like the idea of new maps without boundaries!!! Any time you want to get together, I am all for it. I have never really built my own maps!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios