Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 19th, 2021, 10:28 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Ms. is different, because unlike Dr. (Doctor) or Mr. (Mister), using the full word it's an abbreviation of (Mistress) changes the sound of the words. Mistress Marvel is a very different character. I'd probably stick with Doctor and Mister, just as a style guide thing.
That makes sense. Lol, I thought if it were written out, it'd be Miss, like Miss Martian, but if not, that's hilarious. I'm fine with Mister & Doctor.

Quote:
toy, that second take on Invisible Man is probably still too wordy. (Bullet points eat up a lot of card space! ) Independent of whether we represent his invisibility by letting him pop on/off the card, I think it makes sense to go with Splash's simpler Betrayal power.
I just checked, and it takes up two more lines than Doom's, so with a little refining, I'm sure we can make these powers work basically the same, while also fitting on the card.
Old October 19th, 2021, 10:47 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thought I'd just quote Gardevoir's whole post since we're collecting ideas in this workshop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardevoir View Post
So here is my take on the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Allan Quartermain
Spoiler Alert!

Mina Murray
Spoiler Alert!

Captain Nemo
Spoiler Alert!

Invisible Man
Spoiler Alert!

Mr. Hyde
Spoiler Alert!

What are people's thoughts? I know there is a lot and the designs are all fairly basic, but I thought it might be easier to just upload all the designs at once.
Old October 19th, 2021, 10:51 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wasn't saying make her Undead or anything, but she could be Fearless unless there is an Undead Lord on the battlefield. Or maybe an Undead Unique Hero could remove an OM. It's a specific call-out that wouldn't often come into play, but I don't think it'd be untrue to the character.
Old October 19th, 2021, 10:59 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

That Fearless idea is fun. Sounds like a decent way to call out her history without making it a driving point of the design, if like toy pointed out it's not a big part of the comics character.
Quote:
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS

UNDYING TRAUMA
If there is an Undead Lord on the battlefield, Mina has the personality of ??? instead of what is listed on this card.
Old October 19th, 2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
After the first round, if you win initiative and Invisible Man is unengaged, you may place him adjacent to any figure on the battlefield within 10 spaces of Invisible Man that does not have the Blind Warrior special power and may:
I would just remove the off the battlefield bit, plus it's shorter this way as well.

Last edited by Splash; October 19th, 2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old October 19th, 2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
SELF-SERVING BETRAYAL
After the first round, if you lose initiative, you must roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each other Renowned or Notorious figure you control. If you roll 6 or lower, remove any Order Markers on this figure's Army Card and choose an opponent who has not been chosen for Self-Serving Betrayal to take control of this figure and its card.
The last bits are a bit wordy, either just let him hop around as is which he won't do too often, or say it's a once per game.
Old October 19th, 2021, 12:12 PM

I like that Trauma idea Nobody, I also like that personality tie in the Betrayal power toy. I think it's a good representation of when the team isn't doing so well he's more likely to turn on them.

Last edited by Splash; October 19th, 2021 at 01:09 PM.
Old October 19th, 2021, 01:19 PM

I've been multitasking at work and data is going in and out so my posts may be a little spotty
Old October 19th, 2021, 01:31 PM

Here's a picture of what it's all look like for Invisible Man. I think it would be cool that he'd be either helping or turning traitor based on initiative.
Quote:
NAME = INVISIBLE MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = HAWLEY GRIFFIN

SPECIES = EXPERIMENT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PSYCHOPATH
PERSONALITY = NOTORIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

INVISIBILITY
Invisible Man can move through all figures, is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight.

INVISIBLE INFILTRATION
After the first round, if you win initiative and Invisible Man is unengaged, you may place him adjacent to any figure on the battlefield within 10 spaces of Invisible Man that does not have the Blind Warrior special power and may:
• Look at any unrevealed Order Markers on that figure's card; or
• Roll one unblockable attack die against that figure. A blank rolled counts as 2 skulls.

SELF-SERVING BETRAYAL
After the first round, if you lose initiative, you must roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each other Renowned or Notorious figure you control. If you roll 6 or lower, remove any Order Markers on this figure's Army Card and choose an opponent to take control of this figure and its card.
Old October 19th, 2021, 01:40 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Tossing togeher some of the ideas we've had so far, how does this seem?
Quote:
NAME = MINA MURRAY

???
If here is not an Undead Lord on the battlefield, add 1 to your initiative roll for each Notorious or Renowned figure you control. If there is an Undead Lord on the battlefield, Mina has the personality of ??? instead of what is listed on this card.
Quote:
NAME = INVISIBLE MAN

SELF-SERVING BETRAYAL
If you lose initiative with a roll of 6 or lower on any round after the first, remove any Order Markers on this figure's Army Card and choose an opponent to take control of this figure and its card.
Old October 19th, 2021, 04:57 PM

Ooh nice interaction.
Old October 20th, 2021, 12:00 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

They are all Extraordinary! How did you look past that low hanging fruit? Extraordinary Doctor, Extraordinary Beast or Monster, Extraordinary Hunter, Extraordinary Thief, Extraordinary Pirate, Extraordinary Sleuth, Extraordinary Agent, Extraordinary Adventurer (for Mina,IMO)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy