Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Greek Mythology Community Customs Thread

I don't think sphinxes are really Greek mythology. I'd say there more Egyptian.

Old September 1st, 2010, 02:25 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
There is a myth were there is a sphink, and it is greek, below.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
There was a single sphinx in Greek mythology, a unique demon of destruction and bad luck. According to Hesiod, she was a daughter of Echidna and Orthrus;[4] according to others, she was a daughter of Echidna and Typhon. All of these are chthonic figures from the earliest of Greek myths, before the Olympians ruled the Greek pantheon. Pierre Grimal's The Penguin Dictionary of Classical Mythology states that Sphinx's proper name was Phix (Φίξ), though it does not identify a source for this information. The Sphinx, though, is called by this name (Phix (Φίξ)) by Hesiod in line 326 of the Theogony.

In Greek mythology, a sphinx is represented as a monster with a head of a woman, the body of a lioness, the wings of an eagle, and a serpent headed tail.

The sphinx was the emblem of the ancient city-state of Chios, and appeared on seals and the obverse side of coins from the sixth century BC until the third century AD.

Athena appears in the middle of the upper-half of the middle of a sarcophagus found in the middle pyramid of Giza, with two sphinxes at her side.
Above is the Sphinx in greek mythology.

Riddler
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
Quote:
No offense, but do you read mythology? There is a myth were there is a sphink, and it is greek.
I read Mythology a bit but not enough to know this story.

Also I think we should divide the charcters up so everyone has something to do.

Old September 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Nemean Lion

Unique Hero
Lion/Beast
Hunter
Terrifying
Large 8

Life 5
Move 6
Range 1
Att. 4
Def. 5
Points....150???

Leaping Tackle Special Att.
Range 4. Att. 3
Choose a fig within 4 clear ss. This fig cannot be 4 levels above or below the NL.

Metallic Fur
The NL rolls 1 auto shield against normal att.

Edit: Major ninjas
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No offense, but do you read mythology? There is a myth were there is a sphink, and it is greek.
I read Mythology a bit but not enough to know this story.

Also I think we should divide the charcters up so everyone has something to do.

Agreed. Above is the Sphinx in greek mythology. Also, I played Age of Mythology until my disc gave out, (Literally) and I know there are Scylla and Hydras, but in the actual mythology they were unique.

EDIT:

Riddler
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:31 PM
<>character<>

Quote:
Quote:
There was a single sphinx in Greek mythology, a unique demon of destruction and bad luck. According to Hesiod, she was a daughter of Echidna and Orthrus;[4] according to others, she was a daughter of Echidna and Typhon. All of these are chthonic figures from the earliest of Greek myths, before the Olympians ruled the Greek pantheon. Pierre Grimal's The Penguin Dictionary of Classical Mythology states that Sphinx's proper name was Phix (Φίξ), though it does not identify a source for this information. The Sphinx, though, is called by this name (Phix (Φίξ)) by Hesiod in line 326 of the Theogony.

In Greek mythology, a sphinx is represented as a monster with a head of a woman, the body of a lioness, the wings of an eagle, and a serpent headed tail.

The sphinx was the emblem of the ancient city-state of Chios, and appeared on seals and the obverse side of coins from the sixth century BC until the third century AD.

Athena appears in the middle of the upper-half of the middle of a sarcophagus found in the middle pyramid of Giza, with two sphinxes at her side.
Thanks for the story Flame Gryphon!

Old September 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the story Flame Gryphon!
No problem. Just spreading my possibly unhealthy, and obsessive knowledge of Greek Mythology.

Riddler
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:33 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

So how will we divide the card creating and playtesting???
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:34 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Lawnmower View Post
So how will we divide the card creating and playtesting???
Straws?

Well, if we can decide together that would be nice. I would LIKE to have;

The Minotaur
The Hydra
Scylla

But I doubt everyone will want to give those up. Maybe first come, first serve like C3G? You choose three, then after you've posted those the play-testing and editing begins?

Riddler
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:37 PM
<>character<>

I would like Cyclops, Polyphemus and Manticore.

Old September 1st, 2010, 02:37 PM

And I would like:

Nemean Lion-as I just did
Medusa
Manticore or Furies
Stymphalian Birds-that'd be interesting

And then whoever wants to playtest can.
I dont know how to make "official cards" either....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards