Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 16th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: World of warcraft minis game.

I'll admit that it's sort of a competitor to MC, so it's a biased opinion of mine, but I'm looking at the sample mini that I got from GAMA and I'm not too impressed. Plus I'm guessing that this batch was the cream of the crop, as well, and aren't probably very representational of a real figure from a booster pack.

If you want to see some crazy cool figures check out the minis from Dust Tactics. Holy sweetness.
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:26 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

WOW! (the exclamation not the acronym)

the Base10™ Engine looks like it will create a ton of strategy. Hope it is released in time for Christmas. My list is getting awfully long for Christmas. Of course Santa can spread all the games between my sons.

Old July 18th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

Like Mutant Chronicles I want to like WOW, but am not sure if I can. I haven't been following the news lately so some things surprised me.

I like what I've seen of the rules so far, but at the end of the day you've still got a miniature's system that purposefully avoids having a normal scale (I hope this isn't a trend) and is pricey. I am really surprised they decided to make the faction in the box random as well. Man, that sucks!

But I have to say these miniatures are very, very cool. Extremely cool.

EDIT: Better than cool. Okay, I'm feeling confused. This game has many of the same things I considered flaws in MC. Why am I so intrigued?

Last edited by mrbistro; July 18th, 2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Party Building article up

Party Building Article
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro View Post
Like Mutant Chronicles I want to like WOW, but am not sure if I can. I haven't been following the news lately so some things surprised me.

I like what I've seen of the rules so far, but at the end of the day you've still got a miniature's system that purposefully avoids having a normal scale (I hope this isn't a trend) and is pricey. I am really surprised they decided to make the faction in the box random as well. Man, that sucks!

But I have to say these miniatures are very, very cool. Extremely cool.

EDIT: Better than cool. Okay, I'm feeling confused. This game has many of the same things I considered flaws in MC. Why am I so intrigued?
They are supposed to have dungeon adventure rules!! I agree that the scale is an issue, but the fact that they may add adventure game elements to the system is something that has me interested.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:33 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Not to mention Raid Sets! Don't forget the raid sets...

The mechanics scare me a little bit, but I will definitely try it.

DWARVES!
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Ok, I made the decision that I will be investing a little coin into this game.

Here are some articles that they have posted:

Tick Mechanic Article
Character/Game Card Article
Ubase/Movement/LOS Article
What is the release date on this one again?
October '08.

I was first very dismissive of this game, but the nice looking minis are attracting me more and more every time I look at them. I'm probably in for a starter and a few boosters to give it a taste.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker

If this is going to be anything like the tcg popularity wise, wizkids better brace themselves.

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

My main issues with it, putting aside any thought of it as a competitor, which is really isn't, is that the minis don't look very nice at all and that I have no interesting in the setting whatsoever.

It'll sell though, primarily due to the addition of loot prizes stashed with the figs. Much like the WoW TCG, it'll live off that alone. Pretty cagey if predictable.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
They are supposed to have dungeon adventure rules!! I agree that the scale is an issue, but the fact that they may add adventure game elements to the system is something that has me interested.
Right you are! I'm a sucker for crawls, and I know you are too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
My main issues with it, putting aside any thought of it as a competitor, which is really isn't, is that the minis don't look very nice at all and that I have no interesting in the setting whatsoever.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the pastel WoW look, but can you link to some pics that show the minis being ugly? I've only seen the too-clean ad pics. As for it not being a competitor - come on now. Miniature games compete with other miniature games for consumer dollars. When I purchase minis I always find myself having to make choices.

Last edited by mrbistro; July 23rd, 2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Messy Eater

By not competing I just mean that we're no longer collectible and we're not quite going after the same demographics, by any means.

I'll try to snap a pic of the mini I have at work (handed out at GAMA this year) so you can see what I mean. It's just really garish and awkward looking, imho.
Old July 31st, 2008, 08:15 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Action & Turn Bar

Action and Turn Bar article up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures