Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old August 6th, 2007, 11:49 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
My theory is that workers who aren't forced into a hive mind mentality will actually try to please the customer more than those that are. I'll bet you that Target doesn't have pep rallies.
Gimmie a squiggly!!!

*shudders*

This happened at my wedding...
Old August 6th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Thanks god my store doesn't do those anymore. I used to avoid them like the plague. Mostly they just tell us whether our profit margin was up, and who in the district was up, but then that gorram cheer. They are right though, it unites the associates . . against management.

EDIT: Why did you get married at Wal-mart?
Old August 6th, 2007, 12:29 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus
EDIT: Why did you get married at Wal-mart?
I didn't. My brother's friend got a little trashed and decided to share it with everyone in the middle of the reception
Old August 6th, 2007, 12:29 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Thanks god my store doesn't do those anymore. I used to avoid them like the plague. Mostly they just tell us whether our profit margin was up, and who in the district was up, but then that gorram cheer. They are right though, it unites the associates . . against management.
Somebody at WalMart's upper management must've really bought in to the pep rallies at their school. Did they not look behind them to see the huge percentage of students looking bored and/or amazed at the level of sheer stupidity at a place of supposed 'learning'? All the pep rallies did for me was to yank me out of art class. I would've LOVED to have skipped those pointless things and get back to class.
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Ugh...I hated pep rallies. So pointless. I think they should have been voluntary...that way folks that wanted to cheer would have gone and perhaps the team would actually be motivated. As it was, they were mandatory and so you got a lot of folks just sitting in the stands staring at the rafters waiting for it to end and wondering why we had to miss art class or study hall or cut short our lunch for this.
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
I hid from the pep rallies when I was in school, they never found me in the CAD room playing video games.
Old August 6th, 2007, 02:48 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
I hid from the pep rallies when I was in school, they never found me in the CAD room playing video games.
You are one lucky SOB. I sat through every single one of those rotten things, supposably cheering on the popular kids. If anyone wonders what causes school violence I would point them squarely at the pep rallies. What better way to enhance the distinction between social classes than to force EVERYONE to cheer for the beautiful people?
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:06 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
They can make me go to a pep rally, but they can't make me cheer.
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:15 AM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
My theory is that workers who aren't forced into a hive mind mentality will actually try to please the customer more than those that are. I'll bet you that Target doesn't have pep rallies.
I work at Target, and we call our pep rallies, "Huddles". They essentially are only held if something bad is happening, a district boss is coming in, or some kind of policy is changing. Some pep rally huh?

As for school pep rallies, I guess it was just very easy for me to skip them. Outdoor high school, and they would just release the students to goto the gym or stadium. Yea right, my friends and I knew that day the pep rally was going to be held and parked at a neighboring apartment complex. Then we just exited James Bond style... well when he leaves without having to shoot his gun and all that...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News