Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 5th, 2019, 10:42 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

My copy of Pipeline from Capstone Games has just shipped! Very excited for it.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 5th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Have you played the Batman game at all yet, Scapey?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 5th, 2019, 10:53 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yes! I've played Batman: Gotham City Chronicles 14 times now. It's fantastic! A much, much more polished game than Conan. The rules are far easier to understand and have the opposite problem of Conan where they overexplain rather than underexplain everything. There are tons of scenarios to play and each hero does feel pretty different once you learn the nuances. I've had a lot of really close games coming down to the last roll on the last turn.

Old June 5th, 2019, 10:57 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Glad to hear that! It's one I plan to introduce to my gaming group at some point this summer (I have a lot of stuff on backlog while I work through a few things). We just recently finished up Pandemic Legacy Season 2, though, and are two games away from finally getting through the entirety of the original Pathfinder: Adventure Card Game, so we should have some openings for some new stuff soon.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 5th, 2019, 07:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Yes! I've played Batman: Gotham City Chronicles 14 times now. It's fantastic! A much, much more polished game than Conan. The rules are far easier to understand and have the opposite problem of Conan where they overexplain rather than underexplain everything. There are tons of scenarios to play and each hero does feel pretty different once you learn the nuances. I've had a lot of really close games coming down to the last roll on the last turn.
So you have all those minis painted already Scapey?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 5th, 2019, 07:44 PM

Hot take: it IS possible to play with unpainted minis.

Old June 5th, 2019, 08:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Heresy!

Though, I suppose since it's a board game, there's some leeway in the painting requirements

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 5th, 2019, 10:45 PM

I certainly am no mini painter though I would like to in the future.

Old June 6th, 2019, 08:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Alien Frontiers: Factions Definitive Edition, coming hopefully in June!
Old June 6th, 2019, 01:02 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I haven't started the new 7th Continent stuff yet because the minis aren't painted!
Old June 6th, 2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I haven't started the new 7th Continent stuff yet because the minis aren't painted!
I so want to play 7th Continent. Is it as good as advertised?

(And, yes, I know it's a card game ....).

Old June 6th, 2019, 01:18 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I so want to play 7th Continent. Is it as good as advertised?

(And, yes, I know it's a card game ....).
I don't know if you thought I was making a joke, but it does actually have minis for the player characters, and tiny little campfires. The new expansion has more, too.

But yes, it's an absolute joy to play. I haven't played as much as I'd want to yet (Gloomhaven stole the spotlight for a while).

It honestly feels more like a puzzle game, like an Escape room in a box. Sure each player can have their own character, but you're all working together to explore. There's not even real player TURNS. Whoever wants to do an action can just do it. Everyone talks about the best order to do things, and what they think the clues mean, and then try not to die.

It's just so unique. I wish it was more widely available since I'd love everyone to experience it. The creators are using the same game system for future games (They announced in a note in the new box), so at least it'll have spiritual successors even if this one will become harder and harder to find.

I'm hoping in 10 years I can sell it for a million bucks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games