Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 17th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Archangel

The Book of Archangel

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 16
APOCALYPTIC ANGEL

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutations and Monsters set.
Its model number and name are #034 / Archangel.
Character Bio - Warren Worthington III was born a spoiled rich kid in New York. He was attending a private school in his adolescence when white feathered wings began to grow from his shoulder blades. At first, Warren felt he was a freak, but he soon learned that he could use his wings to fly and to help people. When there was a fire in his dormitory, he borrowed some props from the school's drama department, dressed up as a "heavenly" angel, and rescued his friends. He soon learned that he in fact was a mutant. He donned a mask and costume and called himself the Avenging Angel and became a solo adventurer before being recruited by Professor Charles Xavier into joining the X-Men. After many years fighting alongside his fellow classmates, Warren lost his wings when he was captured by an enemy. Warren was inconsolable. During this time he was kidnapped by another enemy, Apocalypse, who played on Warren’s depression and offered him his wings back. Warren grudgingly accepted, but was angry to find out Apocalypse had lied. He instead gave Warren sharp, metallic wings of an unknown substance and as a byproduct, blue skin. Warren was angry and soon found that Apocalypse had done more than just give him wings again. Warren could now shoot his “feathers” as poison-tipped darts and he had anger control issues. He was intended to be Apocalypse’s new Horseman Death, but Warren showed how much he had grown since his youth when he overcame Apocalypse’s brainwashing to fight alongside his friends and defeat Apocalypse. Warren went back to active duty first in X-Factor and later as an X-Man as the winged face of vengeance – Archangel.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Can Archangel use Razor Wing Slash after moving during another figure's turn? For example: Cyclops reveals an order marker and he uses Mutant Field Commander to move Archangel.
  • A: Yes. Archangel may use Razor Wing Slash any time he can use his Flying special power.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Vindicator

Last edited by tcglkn; March 8th, 2021 at 02:00 AM.
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:51 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
NAME =ARCHANGEL
SECRET IDENTITY = WARREN WORTHINGTON III

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VINDICATOR
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 260

AVENGING ANGEL
After Archangel or any figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Archangel rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an opponent's figure, you may immediately move Archangel up to 7 spaces.

RAZOR WING SLASH
After moving, you may choose up to 3 figures Archangel passed over with his Flying special power. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure. If you roll 17 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.

STEALTH FLYING
When Archangel starts to fly, if he is engaged, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FLYING

Last edited by tcglkn; March 7th, 2021 at 04:51 PM.
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:58 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book Of Archangel - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
RAZOR STORM SPECIAL ATTACK concerns me a WHOLE LOT in terms of clarity and power!

The rest of the card is awesome though.
That is funny because I copied it word for word except the last two sentences (about needing clear site and about the autowound) from Pyro's card.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:01 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The design looks pretty cool so far. I like the connection to Angel, but obviously a lot more powerful which seems fitting.

Since he has a power called Avenging Angel (which is awesome) could you make his personality Vengeful instead to tie in?

Adventurer? Fantastic Four bonding doesn't seem necessary. Would we want to do a class of Horseman instead to connect somehow with a future Apocalypse design?

I'd like to see his normal range upped to 3 or 4 to represent wing darts. If you wanted just to represent his wings with range 2 it would seem odd without height restrictions that we have on all other reach type powers.
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:09 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

How about Vengeful Protector to play off the difference between him and Angel?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:09 AM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
The design looks pretty cool so far. I like the connection to Angel, but obviously a lot more powerful which seems fitting.

Since he has a power called Avenging Angel (which is awesome) could you make his personality Vengeful instead to tie in?

Adventurer? Fantastic Four bonding doesn't seem necessary. Would we want to do a class of Horseman instead to connect somehow with a future Apocalypse design?

I'd like to see his normal range upped to 3 or 4 to represent wing darts. If you wanted just to represent his wings with range 2 it would seem odd without height restrictions that we have on all other reach type powers.
I am pretty certain there will be a Horseman version of him as well.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
RAZOR STORM SPECIAL ATTACK concerns me a WHOLE LOT in terms of clarity and power!

The rest of the card is awesome though.
That is funny because I copied it word for word except the last two sentences (about needing clear site and about the autowound) from Pyro's card.
Sorry man. I have had a few beers and my dyslexia is kicking in big time. I thought the attack was 5 and I read something in the text that isn't there. :ignore:
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post

I am pretty certain there will be a Horseman version of him as well.
Why would we want to make another version of Arch Angel just so he can be a Horseman.

Put me down for a very strong HORSEMAN on this card.
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:38 AM
C3G's First Fan

Ok, the reason being because he can heal now. The Horseman version is more vicious and can't heal himself or others. Honestly, I really wanted to try and get a healing power on the card, but I am not sure what to drop because all of the powers are pretty sweet, IMO.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:40 AM

Drop the SA.

I have never known Arch Angel to create a storm of razor blades that he can telekinetically force to jump from one target to another.
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:41 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

RANGE = 2 (because of his wings)
Really? 1 wing is greater then a minimun of 7ft? A hex has been said to be equivalent to about 7ft so if he was at the edge of his hex, just to make it all the way through the next hex his wing (one wing because they aren't joined end-to-end) would need to be 7 ft just to reach the very edge of that hex that is 2 spaces away. Not to mention reasonably hit somebody standing in the middle of that hex. If you say one wing is 14 ft long then I would be happy with this range.

AVENGING ANGEL
What about Leaving Engagement attacks?

RAZOR WING SLASH
Cool power, but a 20% chance to cause 2 wounds against up to 3 figures just by movement alone??? Then attack attack up to 4 figures (Razor Storm SA) with an additional wound if they receive one wound & then possibly another 2 autowounds on up to 3 figures during the opponents turn if he is attacked. All that could happen in one turn of the round. Also would one slash really affect Superman almost 30% of his life? This seems a little over the top.

RAZOR STORM SPECIAL ATTACK
The way it's written it's like 1 steel feather going from victim to victim. Why not:

Quote:
Choose up to 4 figures to attack. If Archangel inflicts at least 1 wound roll the 20-sided die. if you roll a 12 or higher, add 1 additional wound to the defending figure.
The poison wording part is from the Deepwyrm Drow & how official scape dealt with poison.

Cheers
Old July 6th, 2011, 04:06 AM

I didn't notice the range of 2. Even if his wings were that long, they aren't several stories long.... and that is what would happen in game, he would attack from a great height with his melee attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library