Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 24th, 2018, 12:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Beast Boy (Dolphin) (Design Phase)

For those who may not have seen this part in the workshop thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Dolphins echolocation works under water by traveling through the water...it doesn't really work out of the water.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
How does it work for bats?
Different mechanic.

The pulses propagate from the dolphin's melon in a relatively narrow beam, and echoes are received via the lower jaw, with a slightly wider beam. Bats emit much longer signals and a wider variety of different types of signals than dolphins. Signals used by some bats are suited to detecting Doppler shift, whereas the dolphin signal is designed to be tolerant of Doppler effects.

long story short...dolphins send a narrow band through denser fluids (water) and bats send a wide band through less dense (air) fluids

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 24th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
The idea behind Aquatic Lift is to allow bridging of units across water, which is not something we have right now except for Carry units (which we generally deem very powerful). I'm happy to hear ideas from everyone, though.
The problem is that he already has another form with Carry. It doesn't have to be as powerful, but filling the same role less powerfully seems like a recipe for getting ignored.

Quote:
Quote:
My concern is this guy is going to undraftable on non-water heavy maps and undercosted on water heavy maps. And even on the latter, I’m not sure I’m taking him over the flying dino.
Ummm...he's a dolphin. He shouldn't be drafted in a map without water. But I agree he needs something to make him a useful Niche figure. I do see him having more value than the Pterasaur BB on a map with a 3 space water crossing since he'd function as a bridge for the whole army and not just the figure he's carrying.

But the reality is that he's one of several beast forms available and they can't all be useful every time.
My concern is that this version wouldn't be/shouldn't be drafted at all. So rather than waiting for it to get to reevaluation, I think it's worth considering now what we can do to avoid this guy being niche to the extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Brainstorming:

Quote:
ECHOLOCATION
Instead of attacking with Beast Boy, you may move any figures you control a total of 4 spaces.
The intent is that you could move 1 figure 4 spaces or 4 figures 1 space each or any combination in between.
I think something like this or maybe a similar defensive power is a step in the right direction.

The issue we're going to run into with powers like this is thematically defending it to the Animal Planet set.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 24th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
The issue we're going to run into with powers like this is thematically defending it to the Animal Planet set.
We could call it SUPER SONAR because it's a superpower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 24th, 2018, 12:37 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
We could call it SUPER SONAR because it's a superpower.
Heh. "Because comic books" is always worth a try.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 24th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I honestly vote for the screw realism approach and just give him a cool echolation power. Another idea could be a light distraction power? He does some cool dolphin trick to draw the enemy’s attention just a little bit.
EDIT: Dolphins actually have little magnetic crystals in their brain that allow them to tap into Earth’s magnetic fields like a GPS. Probably not useful here but it’s a cool fact.
Old August 24th, 2018, 01:08 PM

Yeah, or an early warning, dolphin ESP kind of thing?

Old August 24th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What about this?

DOLPHIN DISTRACTION
When an opponent’s figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Beast Boy attacks a figure you control, if Beast Boy is on a water space, the opponent’s figure must subtract 1 from its attack.
Old August 24th, 2018, 02:27 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

With aquatic lift he could technically move a whole army across water and you don’t even need to put an OM on him once he’s in position. I think on certain maps I would take that over carry.
Old August 24th, 2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What about this?

DOLPHIN DISTRACTION
When an opponent’s figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Beast Boy attacks a figure you control, if Beast Boy is on a water space, the opponent’s figure must subtract 1 from its attack.
I think something like that could work well.

Old August 24th, 2018, 04:23 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Sounds like it's poll time! Everybody is encouraged to chime in, Hero or otherwise.

OPTION A: Run with Aquatic Lift or another niche water water.

OPTION B: "Screw Realism" (-MrNobody2018) and create a super-ed-up power that works in a broader scope.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 24th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Option A for me. Keep him cheap and niche. It's Beat Boy as a dolphin, no need to blow the roof off.
Old August 24th, 2018, 04:28 PM
Just A Head

Still Option B for me. Being a cheap niche unit for water-heavy maps is good, but I don’t think we should worry too much about realism for a Beast Boy card in Heroscape, especially since I’ve seen plenty of times where the comics don’t care about realism either.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library