Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 27th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: SoA's Custom Ideas. Criticism Warmly Welcomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Oh, they totally fit on the card. I made DR's card with my larger font size, I usually have the text smaller than that.
Good.
Today I'm playtesting on the BoV map Swamp Thing. I selected this map because-
A) The elevation changes will allow me to put the new move and Climb x2 to the test.
B) It contains a Road to te Forgotten Forest set, allowing for a more frequent activation of Cover and Retaliate.
This map would be ideal for the figure I'm trying to create, so I want to see him at his best. Hopefully, this will tell me if he becomes underpriced once the move and defense numbers are increased, and I add Climb x2.
Old December 1st, 2011, 02:54 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: SoA's Custom Ideas. Criticism Warmly Welcomed.

Added a new concept to the OP. Please give feedback upon especially special powers and point value.
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: SoA's Custom Ideas. New, 12/1/11 Criticism Warmly Welcom

All right, here I am with some criticism, as usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Poisonous Bite
At the start of the game, place 1 red Poisonous Bite marker on a Ragweb Spider Army Card for each Ragweb Spider figure in your Army. If a Ragweb Spider you control inflicts a wound on an opponent's Unique Hero, you may place a Poisonous Bite Marker on the Unique Hero's Army Card. At the end of each round, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each opponent's figure with a Poisonous Bite marker on its Army Card. If you roll a 1-7, remove the Poisonous Bite Marker from that figure's Army Card and place it back on a Ragweb Spider Army Card. If you roll an 8-20, place one wound on that figure’s Army Card. Opponent's figures may not have more than 1 Poisonous Bite Marker on their Army Card. Soulborgs, Constructs, Arachnids, and Undead are not affected by Poisonous Bite.
Actually, only a couple things should be changed. You need to add 's to opponents, so "Opponents figure" needs to be "Opponent's figure". I put the changes I think you should make in bold. I removed the "figures" after "Undead", I don't think it should be there. For the points; well, I don't know. At first I thought it was underpriced, then I thought it might be overpriced. I really don't know. You should do some playtesting to find out. I would probably playtest your customs, but I don't have any Dwarves, or Death Knights, or Spiders, so I really can't.

Any updates on DR or Lord Eschain? Need me to make any cards? I'm available.

Old December 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM

An update on DR's card (adding Climb x2, bumping move to 6 and defense to 4) isn't needed because I don't have a name for him yet. A card for Lord Eschain would be nice. Mini is in the OP as you may know. I need to playtest the Spider before a card is made, (I don't have them either, I'll be using Grubs as proxies).
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Poisonous Bite
At the start of the game, place 1 red Poisonous Bite marker on a Ragweb Spider Army Card for each Ragweb Spider figure in your Army. If a Ragweb Spider you control inflicts a wound on an opponent's Unique Hero, you may place a Poisonous Bite Marker on the Unique Hero's Army Card. At the end of each round, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each opponent's figure with a Poisonous Bite marker on its Army Card. If you roll a 1-7, remove the Poisonous Bite Marker from that figure's Army Card and place it back on a Ragweb Spider Army Card. If you roll a 8-20, place one wound on that figure’s Army Card. Opponent's figures may not have more than 1 Poisonous Bite Marker on their Army Card. Soulborgs, Constructs, Arachnids, and Undead are not affected by Poisonous Bite.
I gotta apologize for the insane grammatical errors. I got really excited about this idea and wrote it up fast without checking my work. Thanks for keeping me in line.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 12:39 PM

To anybody anal about conserving space in a thread, I apologize for the triple post. I'm an attention hog. I'm just updating events that are going on with the customs.
1) The Lord Eschain figure arrived today. My first impression was that he was a bit small; not short, just skinny. But, when he stands next to the Death Knights, it's not very noticeable. The sculpt is pretty good, and I hope to get him rebased soon enough.
2) The Dwarf Raider mini still has not arrived. I've been playtesting this one the most intensively. At this point, he has not proven himself underpriced with bumped up stats, nor overpriced. I'll do another week of playtesting before I ask awesomeunleashed to make the final card, climb x2, bumped move and defense, the whole shebang.
3) The Ragweb Spider is going to be difficult to playtest, due to the rarity of spiders. With the Poisonous Bite special power, the markers will most likely be Marvel wound markers. At this point, I'm seriously considering getting actual figures to proxy with, instead of using ones that I already have. Rocktroll would be a good place to start ... Some playtest armies I'm considering include-
Raelin 1.0
Marcu Esenwein
Fyorlag Spiders x5
Ragweb Spider x4
500 points, 21 hexes. This army has the benefit of large numbers of Spiders, a good deal of Ragweb Spiders, a defense boost (much-needed), and possibly the most important: a wound soak. A spider army needs this most of all simply because the bulk of it is single-life figures. Another army-
Fyorlag Spiders x3
Ragweb Spider x2
Wyvern x2
Marro Warriors
Eldgrim
500 points, 23 hexes. Less Fyorlags, and less Ragwebs. But, we get a kick*** ranged squad for Eldgrim to bump up once he dies, and I get to see what happens when you drop a hero with a Wyvern, Entangle it with Spiders, and then use Poisonous bite once it can't fight back. Should be fun. And the last one-
Fyorlag Spiders x3
Raelin 1.0
Ragweb Spider x5
Marro Warriors
500 points, 22 hexes. This one just lets me get in testing with a larger amount of Spiders, and what will happen in a situation where Ragwebs die to the point that I have more PB markers than Ragweb Spiders. Out of all 3 armies, I expect this one to do the worst.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 02:04 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
To anybody anal about conserving space in a thread, I apologize for the triple post.
I don't have a problem with it. It is your thread. I'm working on Eschain's card, but I'm doing a template overhaul, so it might take me a little while. I look forward to seeing the results of your playtesting.

I thought of a name for DR: How about Magruff Sharpshot?

Old December 2nd, 2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
How about Magruff Sharpshot?
Hmmm... not sure... it works, but I want to see if I can come up with other ideas. A source of inspiration that helps me a lot (and I find it turns out great names), is translating English words to other languages, usually either French, Dutch, Arabic, German, or Portugese. I take a syllable from the translated word and branch off it. That's how I came up with Lord Eschain's name. I'll try translating Gruff, Sharp, and Shot. I'll edit this post later with the results.

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; December 2nd, 2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
How about Magruff Sharpshot?
Hmmm... not sure... it works, but I want to see if I can come up with other ideas. A source of inspiration that helps me a lot (and I find it turns out great names), is translating English words to other languages, usually either Dutch, Arabic, German, or Portugese. I take a syllable from the translated word and branch off it. That's how I came up with Lord Eschain's name. I'll try translating Gruff, Sharp, and Shot. I'll edit this post later with the results.
I just came up with it after looking at the names of the other Dwarf heroes.

I was able to finish Eschain's card faster than I thought I would. I'm updating my first post in the thread with the card.

Old December 2nd, 2011, 03:47 PM

Deleted.

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; December 2nd, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
A few names I've come up with. I realize that some of these might seem a little... weird. Feedback appreciated-
Bourrun Oresun. Derived fron French bourru for gruff, and or for gold (also English ore).

Espir Abbrinain. Derived from German esprit for wit, abbruch for kill, and French nain for dwarf.

Orin Minroff. Nonsense. Utter nonsense.
I don't know. Of those, I like the third option the most, but I don't really like any of them. I don't think deriving names from other languages works for a Dwarf Hero. I think you should look at the other Dwarves: Ironwill, Forgehammer, Ambershard; they all (sort of) have to do with the kind of things the Dwarf does or his personality. Of course, it is your custom, so you can name it whatever you want.

Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:20 PM

Point taken. I was thinking along the same lines. I'll work on it. In the meantime, check the OP for pics of the Lord Eschain and the Dwarf!

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; December 2nd, 2011 at 08:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards