Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 6th, 2010, 06:55 PM

Therion knows what's in an order marker Therion knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ogre Pulverizer Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Well, he doesn't have quite the stopping power of Krug, but doesn't cost quite as much. Now, if this guy were a Beast, (either definition works here,) I could see people using 'em more often.

Right now, I can't really find a use for him that another unit doesn't fill for just a little bit more. Then again, I guess that's the point; he just costs less.

Patience Drain
After loading and before posting, roll the twenty-sided die.
On a 1, Therion makes a long and/or irritating post.
On a 2-15, Therion may not post this turn.
On a 16+, post normally.
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:05 PM

Commander GD Woo who?

I have a question:

So if he attacks a Warrior of Ashra, one sheild blocks all damage. If the warrior rolls two sheilds, does that count as a wound on the troll?

If so the WoA are a good and cheap counter to this guy.
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:27 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander GD View Post
I have a question:

So if he attacks a Warrior of Ashra, one sheild blocks all damage. If the warrior rolls two sheilds, does that count as a wound on the troll?

If so the WoA are a good and cheap counter to this guy.
You are correct; I think this came up with Torin+Deathwalker 7000. One shield will block all damage, so any more than one is considered excess.
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:48 PM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

OK maybe I was a little to quick to judge this unit. I will hold futher comments until I have played him a time or two. As I always buy 3 complete sets, I guess I will have three of them.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
OK maybe I was a little to quick to judge this unit. I will hold futher comments until I have played him a time or two. As I always buy 3 complete sets, I guess I will have three of them.

You won't be disappointed.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
I don't like either ogre.......

perhaps they will get a support unit next wave....

otherwise I will probably never use them.
I understand some of the preliminary hesitation regarding this guy, but you have to give the Warhulk a try.

I've had success playing him super aggressively-with 8 life you don't have much concern for leaving engagement strikes and once you park him in the midst of a clump of enemy figs he gets 5+ dice against all of them half the time. Plus his sculpt is awesome!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:14 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
I don't like either ogre.......

perhaps they will get a support unit next wave....

otherwise I will probably never use them.
I understand some of the preliminary hesitation regarding this guy, but you have to give the Warhulk a try.

I've had success playing him super aggressively-with 8 life you don't have much concern for leaving engagement strikes and once you park him in the midst of a clump of enemy figs he gets 5+ dice against all of them half the time. Plus his sculpt is awesome!
agreed warhulk=awesome

stingers>everything else
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:32 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

...Am I the only one who thinks his sculpt is more comperable to the feral troll than the ogre warhulk...

And I guess we can't just call the warhulk the ogre anymore... darn.
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:24 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So reading his abilities again, I'm getting the vibe that he is designed as an offensive "spearhead" type unit. I'm glad he's on the DW base instead of a double base. Just my

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
So reading his abilities again, I'm getting the vibe that he is designed as an offensive "spearhead" type unit. I'm glad he's on the DW base instead of a double base. Just my
I think the base is one thing people are missing. He will be faster than the warhulk and will be able to get height faster, which means a double attack of 5 alot.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:31 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
I think the base is one thing people are missing. He will be faster than the warhulk and will be able to get height faster, which means a double attack of 5 alot.
Agreed, the base is going to go a long way in this guy having a bigger effect than some realize.

-insert signature here-
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM

(in)Famous is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
My initial impression is that he seems like a fun and thematic figure, but overcosted. He seems like he'd be better at around 70-80 points.

He also really doesn't like Raelin.

Perhaps my opinion will change once I actually play him.
Right on about what he should cost.
If you can accept the fact that he's not going to live long enough to see you win the game, then he's not really a problem. Just remember that if you're scared to send him into battle, there's lots of squads and weak heroes that are just as scared to fight him (or should be).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units