Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old January 25th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
That is really a great thing to do, Durinsbane. Thank you!
Old January 25th, 2007, 05:20 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Beat me to it Durin, well done. (And Thank you).
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:25 PM

Zarash has disabled reputation
On your benefits and bonding page for Khosumet it should be his Relentless Assualt instead of his unleashed fury I believe.
Old March 29th, 2007, 07:36 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
I think I will listen to the videos on the official site and make a "definitive list of pronunciations"

6 x 9 = 42

Old March 30th, 2007, 07:47 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
brickman144, that would be an interesting list. Of course, as a former teacher of Linguistics, I'd have to caution that at best, you'd only get a list of how Hasbro thinks things ought to be pronounce. The rest of the world might well come up with alternatives, in fact, will; because pronunciation is ever fluid and changing.
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
brickman144, that would be an interesting list. Of course, as a former teacher of Linguistics, I'd have to caution that at best, you'd only get a list of how Hasbro thinks things ought to be pronounce. The rest of the world might well come up with alternatives, in fact, will; because pronunciation is ever fluid and changing.
I'm planning on getting definitive answers on the pronunciations at GenCon.

Old March 30th, 2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I'm planning on getting definitive answers on the pronunciations at GenCon.
It's pronounced with a soft "g" as "Jen Con," not a hard "g."
Old March 30th, 2007, 04:21 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
ok so this is really an INdefinitive list becuase so far i have only concentrated on the most controversial units and the easiest to look up.

Utgar – Ootgar – as in boot car
Jandar – Jandar - as in pan car
Ullar – Oollar – as in pool car
Vydar – Vidar – as in eye car
Einar – Eenar – as in fee car
Valkiryie – Valkeeree – the y is pronounced like a long e
Brunak – Broonac – as in boo snack
Dumutef?
Dόnd – Doond – the ό is pronounced like the u in rule or as in the Spanish word uno
Dzu-teh – Zooteh -
Jotun – Yotun? – the j is pronounced like the j in the German word ja
Krav Maga – Krahv Muhgah – the accent is on the second syllable in Maga
Nilfheim – Neefulhym – as in knee full beam
Syvarris – Seevaris - the y is pronounced like a long e

many of these i looked up on the norse page of encyclopedia mythica
http://www.pantheon.org/areas/mythol.../articles.html

6 x 9 = 42

Old June 8th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
i thought we already had a list of Special Powers that work on Destructible Objects (aka Fortress Door)?

based on the Hasbro FAQ guidelines for Destructible Objects, i believe we so far have 34 powers that can directly affect the door, given the right circumstances. (special powers that boost the attack of another figure's normal attack i guess could be considered powers that indirectly affect the Door. and i almost didn't bother listing Special Attacks until i realized there's one SA that doesn't work - Ullar Enhanced Rifle.)

here's a sneak-peek of something i'm working on:
https://heroscape.glasq.com/tables/char_powers_010.html
i plan to incorporate some of these definitive lists into my Special Powers page soon.

are there any powers that i missed? (other than the recent Marvel reveals.)
is there a more appropriate thread for debating what powers do and do not work on the Door? (just in case a hot debate erupts )

Last edited by GaryLASQ; April 5th, 2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old June 8th, 2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
i thought we already had a list of Special Powers that work on Destructible Objects (aka Fortress Door)?
Nope we don't have that list. It would/will be a good one, though, Gary.
Old July 6th, 2007, 01:06 PM

I'll be working on bringing my Definitive Lists up to Wave 7 completion next Monday or Tuesday. I hope the other authors of Definitive Lists will update theirs too.
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:04 PM

I have updated my lists through Wave 7. If you have a list indexed here, please, if you will, update yours too. Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's