Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old September 10th, 2018, 08:12 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Matthias' Gen Con 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2018 report

Nice write up MM.

I think I would like you to do a battle report of Hatamata Toro versus your Drow Chainfighter army

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 10th, 2018, 08:43 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Gen Con 2018

It's been a long while since I made a battle report.

This year things got turned a bit sideways with running everything but as always the amazing group of people that play scape stepped up and made things much easier on me than they had to.

A huge thanks to all the GMs and mapmakers. I build maps almost as slow as @dragonruler so I'm so grateful for everyone else, otherwise I would be there all night. The GMs allow me to also go enjoy the con and not be tethered to the scape tables the whole time.

@Retlaw , once again this guy gives up space in his garage for us every year and he transports it all.
@lonewolf , he dealt with Derek for me and made sure we got everything we needed when things went sideways
@Raider30 , he let me vent to him every time things went sideways and he also drove 20+ hours,
@OrcElfArmyOne , he put a lot of work into some behind the scenes. When I needed help he stepped up no questions asked.
@Stay_Golden_Pony_Boy, he always provides prize support

There were many more that stepped up and I greatly appreciate all of their support for this great community.

I hadn't put too much thought into the Main Event (I rarely do anymore) but @Mr Migraine reminded me that @MrWookiee made a bet with me to take Hatamoto to the Main Even some years ago. I truly do not recall the bet but it did sound a bit familiar.

I spent night after night trying to figure out the best Hatamoto army available. I play-tested close to 200 different armies, incorporating weather, morale, durability, and many more things I can't discuss on the public forum before I settled on the best synergistic Hatamoto army possible:
Axegrinders of Burning Forge x 4
Darrak Ambershard
Marcu
Hatamoto (I got your back) Taro.

The only problem with this army was it was 19 figures with an 18 figure limit. Other than that I saw zero weaknesses. I was actually surprised somebody else hadn't run something similar in years past, so I scoured the site to see if anybody else had come upon this genius army but much to my surprise nobody had.

I spent the next 3 decades play-testing and refining my skill as a player with this army. The trickiest part was the Order Marker Management. That alone took me about 12 years to prefect. I then studied the maps and glyphs and play-tested every combination possible from the available pools, until I knew what glyphs and when to go for them.

------------------
It was game day and I hadn't slept all week thinking about every possible move I could make and the counter to every possible army. All I knew was I had Hatamoto (Who's your Daddy) Toro on my team so there was really nothing to worry about.

Game 1
Zeek the Fureak on the ice Map. (I wish the guy in charge would have labeled all the maps, what a lazy pile of...)
Zeek's army: Rats x 16,045, Moltenclaw, Q10

Not much to say other than Hatamoto (You looking at me?) Toto was an all-star. In fact he was so good he didn't even need an order marker the entire game.

Takeaways: Dwarves with the move glyph are good. Rats that you don't engage, don't work well. Dwarves are good against large and huge figures.

Game 2
Leftitathome on the lava map.
Leftit's army was Mezzos and PKs?
Reverse the whip? What the crap is this? I had to let somebody else use Hatamoto (Girls Gone Wild) Toro? This seemed super unfair. Next time I should read the event fully before I commit to playing.

Takeaways: Mezzos and Pks can force bad engagements for your opponents. Don't get stuck on the lava
My takeaway from the con is that I need to stop trying. How can a guy who hasn't tried to win anything in the last 6+ years still be nigh-unbeatable? It's crazy.
Um, 5 TIME DRAGON DICE WORLD CHAMPION, what do you mean hasn't tried to win anything?
Hasn't tried to win any Scape events.
Old September 10th, 2018, 08:48 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Gen Con 2018

It's been a long while since I made a battle report.

This year things got turned a bit sideways with running everything but as always the amazing group of people that play scape stepped up and made things much easier on me than they had to.

A huge thanks to all the GMs and mapmakers. I build maps almost as slow as @dragonruler so I'm so grateful for everyone else, otherwise I would be there all night. The GMs allow me to also go enjoy the con and not be tethered to the scape tables the whole time.

@Retlaw , once again this guy gives up space in his garage for us every year and he transports it all.
@lonewolf , he dealt with Derek for me and made sure we got everything we needed when things went sideways
@Raider30 , he let me vent to him every time things went sideways and he also drove 20+ hours,
@OrcElfArmyOne , he put a lot of work into some behind the scenes. When I needed help he stepped up no questions asked.
@Stay_Golden_Pony_Boy, he always provides prize support

There were many more that stepped up and I greatly appreciate all of their support for this great community.

I hadn't put too much thought into the Main Event (I rarely do anymore) but @Mr Migraine reminded me that @MrWookiee made a bet with me to take Hatamoto to the Main Even some years ago. I truly do not recall the bet but it did sound a bit familiar.

I spent night after night trying to figure out the best Hatamoto army available. I play-tested close to 200 different armies, incorporating weather, morale, durability, and many more things I can't discuss on the public forum before I settled on the best synergistic Hatamoto army possible:
Axegrinders of Burning Forge x 4
Darrak Ambershard
Marcu
Hatamoto (I got your back) Taro.

The only problem with this army was it was 19 figures with an 18 figure limit. Other than that I saw zero weaknesses. I was actually surprised somebody else hadn't run something similar in years past, so I scoured the site to see if anybody else had come upon this genius army but much to my surprise nobody had.

I spent the next 3 decades play-testing and refining my skill as a player with this army. The trickiest part was the Order Marker Management. That alone took me about 12 years to prefect. I then studied the maps and glyphs and play-tested every combination possible from the available pools, until I knew what glyphs and when to go for them.

------------------
It was game day and I hadn't slept all week thinking about every possible move I could make and the counter to every possible army. All I knew was I had Hatamoto (Who's your Daddy) Toro on my team so there was really nothing to worry about.

Game 1
Zeek the Fureak on the ice Map. (I wish the guy in charge would have labeled all the maps, what a lazy pile of...)
Zeek's army: Rats x 16,045, Moltenclaw, Q10

Not much to say other than Hatamoto (You looking at me?) Toto was an all-star. In fact he was so good he didn't even need an order marker the entire game.

Takeaways: Dwarves with the move glyph are good. Rats that you don't engage, don't work well. Dwarves are good against large and huge figures.

Game 2
Leftitathome on the lava map.
Leftit's army was Mezzos and PKs?
Reverse the whip? What the crap is this? I had to let somebody else use Hatamoto (Girls Gone Wild) Toro? This seemed super unfair. Next time I should read the event fully before I commit to playing.

Takeaways: Mezzos and Pks can force bad engagements for your opponents. Don't get stuck on the lava
My takeaway from the con is that I need to stop trying. How can a guy who hasn't tried to win anything in the last 6+ years still be nigh-unbeatable? It's crazy.
Um, 5 TIME DRAGON DICE WORLD CHAMPION, what do you mean hasn't tried to win anything?
Hasn't tried to win any Scape events.
Um, hello, 18 chainfighters...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; September 10th, 2018 at 08:49 PM. Reason: And Estivara, and Parmenio
Old September 10th, 2018, 08:49 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

You obviously couldn't have been trying to win with 16 chainfighters. You left out the best hero in the game from that army.
Old September 10th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
You obviously couldn't have been trying to win with 16 chainfighters. You left out the best hero in the game from that army.
Solid point. Unfortunately it took me 10+ years to figure it out. I’m a slow learner. Spent a decade on stupid orcs and knights...sigh the dark ages.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; September 12th, 2018 at 07:55 PM. Reason: I don’t understand why Hatamoto Taro is only 130 points. Talk about a bargain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports