Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 12th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Jean Grey C3G X-Men Master Set

I actually agree a bit with Spidey. I still feel that Jean is going to feel a great deal like Magneto. Do you think it could be possible to reword Telekinetic Throw so that she can move friendly figures? She does this a lot in comics.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of Psionic Blast Special Attack on her card.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I actually agree a bit with Spidey. I still feel that Jean is going to feel a great deal like Magneto. Do you think it could be possible to reword Telekinetic Throw so that she can move friendly figures? She does this a lot in comics.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of Psionic Blast Special Attack on her card.
Currently Jean and Magneto can both throw friendly figures, and the damage roll is optional.

As far as the Psionic Blast Special Attack goes, I like that represented in her normal attack, that allows for Psionic Grip which is going to be a lot of fun to play with KnockBack, Magneto, and other future powers that can move your figures. But if you have a good small suggestion for a third power I am open to hearing it, although I was really hoping that I could playtest her as is today.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Actually, the roll wasn't optional until I changed it this morning ... I'm actually going to go back and look at Magneto and make sure his damage roll is optional as well, though.
Anyway, I like Jean Grey as is and I think she'll play more different from Magneto than Spider-Man does from Venom, fwiw.
If there are things people want to add, though, specific suggestions will get a lot more mileage.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Actually, the roll wasn't optional until I changed it this morning ... I'm actually going to go back and look at Magneto and make sure his damage roll is optional as well, though.
Anyway, I like Jean Grey as is and I think she'll play more different from Magneto than Spider-Man does from Venom, fwiw.
If there are things people want to add, though, specific suggestions will get a lot more mileage.
I think I'd actually prefer to have it so Magneto's roll is mandatory, but Jean's is optional. This will help keep them unique.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:33 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

This is one of those times where I wish everyone would just agree to put her into playtesting so I we do some test scapeing and less theory scapeing.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think I'd actually prefer to have it so Magneto's roll is mandatory, but Jean's is optional. This will help keep them unique.
I can understand that sentiment, but that sorta shows Jean as having more control than Magneto... not a fan of that. Can't we just move forward and tweak in the playtesting? Please.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
This is one of those times where I wish everyone would just agree to put her into playtesting so I we do some test scapeing and less theory scapeing.
The problem is once we get into playtesting, it's much harder to make changes. You said so yourself. In other words, if I'm to push for changes, I need to make my point before playtesting begins.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The problem is once we get into playtesting, it's much harder to make changes. You said so yourself. In other words, if I'm to push for changes, I need to make my point before playtesting begins.
Fine, but lets not try and make changes just because we can.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:41 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would think that both Jean Grey and Magneto would be able to move friendly figures without harming them. Thematically, it is something which was fairly common in the comic books.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fine, but lets not try and make changes just because we can.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I would think that both Jean Grey and Magneto would be able to move friendly figures without harming them. Thematically, it is something which was fairly common in the comic books.
I agree, Rich. My concern is that Magneto and Jean Grey are too similar. They are going to play like the same figure, and I'm not sure this is a good idea.

EDIT: I thought I was the only person that felt this way, so I wasn't saying anything. But now I know Spidey feels similarly, so I'm going to try to make my point and see if any of our other Heroes agree with us. Maybe it's a moot point, but it's one worth exploring.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
And Magneto was tested this way thus far as well.

Quote:
Quote:
I agree, Rich. My concern is that Magneto and Jean Grey are too similar. They are going to play like the same figure, and I'm not sure this is a good idea.
Any chance I could make a request on this? Before you get too convinced that they'll play like the same figure, I encourage you to play one game with each of them - just one with each - heck they could even both be on different armies in the same game - and see how similarly you feel they play.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library