Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 24th, 2008, 04:37 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Zelrig

The Book of Zelrig
Aquilla's Alliance - "Heroes of the Quagmire"

Character Bio: The young Icarian’s thoughts leap around in his mind. He nervously plays with the loose skin at the nape of his beloved pet’s neck. The 20-pound pelloe lizard that the boy carries in his arms releases a satisfied croak in its low rumbling voice. Gidan Vade is the eldest son of his clan. He stands surrounded by much older men, each one of them holding close their annual offerings as they wait for the stone gates to open.
Gidan is much too young for the responsibility given him, but with his father sick from a poisonous skrager bite, and his grandfather much too old to make the journey, his clan is left with few options.
Vivid descriptions and dozens of epic tales concerning the Great Dragon Emperor spring, all at once, into Gidan’s memory. His knees begin shaking involuntarily.
“Emperor Zelrig is to be loved and feared,” Gidan’s father explained before sending the boy off. “He protects us from wandering dragons who would eat us for sport, if not for hunger. But he requires our very best be offered unto him at every year’s passing. The other men will be carrying precious ore, fine works of art, and all sorts of extravagant foods. Gidan, we have very little, but you must choose from what we do have the gift that you believe the Emperor will find most precious.”
The stone gates scrape open on their massive hinges. A red glow and a blast of heat rush past Gidan as he stands clutching tightly to his pet. The young Icarian’s muscles freeze tight as he gazes up at the mighty Dragon Emperor. Never in his short life has he seen a dragon, and this dragon is a god amongst its own kind.
Gidan’s body tells him he is terrified, but his heart swells with a sense of adoration and love for the grand dragon. He shuffles forward with the others around him. One by one the men place their gifts at the mountainous feet of the dragon. Gidan mimics the others by lifting up his pet pelloe lizard and then placing it at the dragon’s feet.
Suddenly, Gidan is struck with the overwhelming feeling that one of Zelrig’s eyes is upon him. Gidan’s knees lock. He is unable, or unwilling, to lift his head. A powerful voice speaks and Gidan cannot tell if he is hearing the voice or if the dragon is speaking directly into his mind.
“What is this you bring before me?”
The boy manages to speak past a tight throat, “Emperor, we have little to give. My father told me to bring the most precious gift I could. I give you the only thing we own that I hold dear. He was born in the spring. I have named him Rallie.” Gidan’s voice cracks as he tries to hold back a sob. “I love the lizard. He is the best pet a boy could ask for. I hoped since he is so precious to me, that he would be precious to you. Please, spare my family.” He ceases holding back the sobs. He lets them rock his body as tears stream down his soft face.
A short silence passes. Then the great dragon speaks again. “I am pleased Gidan Vade, I am pleased.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by special powers
MAJESTIC FIRES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the targeted figure are also affected by Majestic Fires Special Attack. Common Squad figures roll 2 less defense dice against Majestic Fires Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Zelrig cannot be affected by his own Majestic Fires Special Attack.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Zelrig’s movement, ignore elevations. Zelrig may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Zelrig starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Yes. The Defense of a Common Squad figure against Majestic Fires equals the figure's normal Defense, plus all normal modifiers, minus 2 for Majestic Fires. EXAMPLE: (normal Defense) + (modifiers) - (2) = Total Defense

- MAJESTIC FIRES SPECIAL ATTACK : Self-Targetting
May Zelrig target himself with his Majestic Fires Special Attack in order to destroy the enemy figures surrounding him?
No. No figure may target itself with any attack.

Synergy Benefits Received
- GREENSCALE WARRIORS : As a Unique Huge Dragon Hero, Zelrig may be chosen as to benefit from the Greenscale Warriors' LIZARD KING BONDING activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- GREENSCALE WARRIORS : Loyalty to the Lizard King
As a Unique Huge Dragon Hero, if selected as the Greenscale Warriors "Lizard King," Zelrig may aid the Greenscale Warriors with their LOYALTY TO THE LIZARD KING Attack and Defense enhancements.

- SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus

Having a Disciplined personality, Zelrig may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS
*NOTE: See The Book of Sacred Band for proper application.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Master Index
Modifiable Defense Against Majestic Fires?
Army Ideas
Can Zelrig Target Himself?
Zelrig + Reavers = Majestic Rat-bombs?
Zelrig vs "The Map"

Power Ranking
Even if he doesn't kill his points, Zelrig is bound to make your opponent rethink the placement of his common squad figures. A-
Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(Photos courtesy of Truth )

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old June 24th, 2008, 09:55 PM

darkmantle has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Zelrig

I started playing right before wave 7 came out, and that wave really had nobody that "Changed" the game. Cyprian Was really cool and fun, but not game changing, with the exception of Q9 I am curious has anybody had the potential to change the game more than Zelrig since the game came out? I guess 4th mass too? Seriously, most tournament worthy maps, he can nuke the starting zone from the very first order marker, to top it off, the first order marker everybody is conveniently bunched together.... I just think considering most tournament armies are full of common squads, can't imagine anybody having the potential to change the game more than this guy, and was curious if people agreed, or if any others had done it in the past?
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well with him, I was able to eliminate 6 Venoc's in one turn.
A Crowded Starting zones worst nightmare.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Well with him, I was able to eliminate 6 Venoc's in one turn.
A Crowded Starting zones worst nightmare.
I know, thats my point, I took out like 5 4th mass before he got to take a turn, another game, I had wiped out all his commons before zelrig got killed and I finally brought out the rest of the army which cleaned up without taking any additional wounds. I am thinking zelrig leaving massive dents in armies after only 1 round is not going to be uncommon. I think armies with far fewer commons will be greatly increasing in popularity... At least there will be fewer "obvious" choices for armies. What were great choices are not great choices unless you are facing Zelrig...
Old June 25th, 2008, 12:14 AM

Zelrig is surprisingly tart

Wow! This guy is completly broken!
Nah, but I do belive he changes the meta game a bit, after all common squads fear his majestic flame, and crowded start zones will feel his Imperial wrath!
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:31 AM

I expect to see a lot of this guy in future tournaments, then he will end up like Q9 where many almost feel it is bad taste to use him. (not me) He isn't that hard to kill except for the fact that he can usually do so much damage before you kill him.... Not broken, but definatly game changing.
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Zelrig's probably my favorite of the heroes in Aquilla's Alliance, or Wave 8 for that matter. He and the rest of the AA heroes look so much better when you get a chance to pick up the sculpts for yourself, although those photos above from truth are very nice. He's also a lot of fun to play, and pretty powerful too.

There's a good discussion going on right now about how powerful he is in the Power Rankings thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 25th, 2008, 11:11 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My girlfriend beat my head in when I had Zelrig. She used the Sentinels, KoW, and backed them with SotM Raelin. I lost first round initiative and never got a good enough jump to catch her in clusters. Zelrig got brutalized. I quit putting anything but the "X" marker on him.

He's got weaknesses.
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Zelrig, the figure that makes melee squads even worse.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:55 PM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Just a note; the synergy still has the Tagawa's name on it.
Blast! Thanks, LP. Fixed.

I think, as Soul Shackle says, balancing him out isn't so much about discovering the limits of his abilities. It's much more about discover which counter-drafts are likely to have his number.
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:01 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Major X17 is a good counterdraft to him. Once he's tied down send in glads/blasts.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
Major X17 is a good counterdraft to him. Once he's tied down send in glads/blasts.
X17 can't lock down huge figures.

EDIT: I can imagine he might be a decent counter-draft anyway, so maybe that's what you meant.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units