Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old September 24th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sports: NFL

Yep. This season is starting to become a farce.

Fwiw, I don't blame either of Detroit's losses on officiating, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 25th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yep. This season is starting to become a farce.

Fwiw, I don't blame either of Detroit's losses on officiating, though.
I haven't watched the Lions, but I don't blame the Ravens' loss on the officials, either.

Sure, the officials made it a silly game by injecting themselves at random points with random calls, but the Ravens had opportunities to ice the game and pad their lead, or make stops and get the ball back, and they didn't do it.

Blaming the officials is still for losers, but it hurts the integrity of the game when every play there's a coin flip for a flag and then, if there is a flag, a second coin flip for its accuracy.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:10 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

Blaming the officials is still for losers, but it hurts the integrity of the game when every play there's a coin flip for a flag and then, if there is a flag, a second coin flip for its accuracy.
Normally I agree that blaming officials is for losers.

But if you watched the last 5 mins of that game, you cannot tell me the officials did not just let the Seahawks win.

Seriously. What are the Packers to do? Intercept the ball? They did that. Play good coverage? They did that but got called for PI. How about intercept the ball but get called for a roughing the passer? Oh sure, let's do that.

RIDICULOUS. The refs clearly determined the outcome of that game. The Packers literally could not have done anything more to stop that one, could they? I mean they did everything and more than they should have had to.

Please, I know I'm angry right now, but you can you rationally explain to me how the officials did not just cause the Pack to lose? Most games there are chances and the bad calls by refs happen, but this game went beyond anything we've seen and I think honestly can be said to be the refs determining the game.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Eh.

The officials caused the Pack to lose.

Also the failure of the Packers offense to put up points caused the Pack to lose.

There are two things at work in these games, one of which the Ravens played and lost (Eagles, Week 2), the other of which the Ravens played and won (Patriots, Week 3). The loser *absolutely* got jobbed by the officials. That's one thing. The other thing is, the loser failed to cash in on opportunities at other points in the game.

Both those things are true. The first thing - that the losing team got jobbed - hurts the integrity of the game. But you know as well as I do that the Packers are a better team than the Seahawks and it should not have been that close in the closing seconds.

= =
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:25 AM

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

I concede readily it shouldnt have been that clise but that is irrelevant to who actually won the game and who the refs gifted the game to

in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:27 AM

Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby!

Whatever your allegiance, that game was an embarrassment to the NFL. There is no way the Seahawks should have won that game.
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
I concede readily it shouldnt have been that clise but that is irrelevant to who actually won the game and who the refs gifted the game to
No, it *is* relevant, because incompetence by the officials only gave the Seahawks 7 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Whatever your allegiance, that game was an embarrassment to the NFL. There is no way the Seahawks should have won that game.
I agree with that 100%.

I'm with you guys, it's past time for the NFL to get this over with.

Unfortunately for the league, the officials are not a bunch of 20 year olds desperate for their next paycheck. The officials are competent professionals, including many lawyers, and apparently they're better at playing hardball than the players were.

C'mon, Roger, compromise...

= =
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd agree that blaming the refs is for losers, and I can't remember the last time I have blamed the refs. But that was the worst officiating I've seen in my life, no joke. The game should've been done when the ball was intercepted around the four minute mark, but then Walden was called for a phantom roughing the passer play. Even if you take away literally the one bad call against the Seahawks, the PO call on the Packer's scoring drive, the game would've still ended at 9-7, Packers victory. I honestly would be mad right now if this had happened to any other team, but I'm just extra mad because it happened to my team.
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm not trying to disagree with you, Abom. I agree with everything you wrote there.

= =
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'm not trying to disagree with you, Abom. I agree with everything you wrote there.
Sorry, I'm just venting. I know it's only the third game of the season, but this was pathetic. I was storming up and down my dorm hall muttering expletives.
Old September 25th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Unfortunately for the league, the officials are not a bunch of 20 year olds desperate for their next paycheck. The officials are competent professionals, including many lawyers, and apparently they're better at playing hardball than the players were.

Lawyer, and he's from my high school.
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:13 AM

Is...is...is that really a competent ref? Do they exist? Please bring this magic man, this shaman of officiating, please bring him to the field Goodell.

in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV