Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 1st, 2007, 02:20 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Tor-Kul-Na

The Book of Tor-Kul-Na
Swarm of the Marro - Master Set 2

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: In the depths of the uncharted swamp, giant predators hunt and devour each other in a never-ending cycle of life and death. Those deadly giants stampede in terror, catching the scent of the Marro Hivelord, Tor-Kul-Na, silently searching the misty layers of undergrowth. The Hivelord leader rides on the back of a formidable-looking, giant Marro. The Tor-Kul-Na mentally controls the lesser Marro.

Moving at monstrous speeds, Tor-Kul-Na routinely and ruthlessly orders its mount to crush enemies. The attacking Marro, normally mindless servants, suddenly become clever and even more deadly as the Hivelord mentally orders them to mass attack enemy troops.

In the heat of battle, as the giant Marro rips and slashes its way through the enemy, the awesome power of the giant Marro reveals itself. As the enemy thinks that victory over Tor-Kul-Na is immenent, the giant Marro rises up and begins eating the Marrden Nagrubs that have been gathering. Enemies watch, dazed and filled with new fear, as the wounds on the giant Marro instantly heal.

(Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Recieved
  • - ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Tor-Kul-Na may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
  • - Marrden Nagrubs : Hivelord Life Bonding
    As a Hivelord, Tor-Kul-Na may benefit from Mardden Nagrub's HIVELORD LIFE BONDING activation bonus and life enhancement.
  • - SU-BAK-NA : Hive Supremacy
    Belonging to the Marro race, Tor-Kul-Na may benefit from Su-Bak-Na’s HIVE SUPREMACY d20 enhancement.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A

Power Ranking and Master Index
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Tor-Kul-Na

Last edited by Revdyer; October 20th, 2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old September 1st, 2007, 08:28 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
If the wound destroys the figure, move Tor-Kul-Na onto the space that figure occupied, and you may continue Tor-Kul-Na's movement.
Question: free move, or one of Tor-Kul-Na's move spaces? Example: Tor-Kul-Na moves 4 spaces, then successfully Trample Stomps (and moves onto the vacated space). Does Tor-Kul-Na have 2 move spaces remaining, or only 1?
If there is an official ruling (or even a consensus interpretation), it should probably go into the "Rulings and Clarifications" section.

Answer (courtesy of GrungeBob): NOT a free move. Tor-Kul-Na must have at least one move space remaining to attempt Trample Stomp; if successful, the Trample Stomp uses one of Tor-Kul-Na's move spaces.

This question fueled 7 pages of debate. If you are not interested in reading the discussion, jump ahead to this post.
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:58 AM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
Quote:
If the wound destroys the figure, move Tor-Kul-Na onto the space that figure occupied, and you may continue Tor-Kul-Na's movement.
Question: free move, or one of Tor-Kul-Na's move spaces? Example: Tor-Kul-Na moves 4 spaces, then successfully Trample Stomps (and moves onto the vacated space). Does Tor-Kul-Na have 2 move spaces remaining, or only 1?

This was discussed in the Gencon 07 pics thread (pages 8 and 9), but I didn't see a definitive answer. If there is an official ruling (or even a consensus interpretation), it should probably go into the "Rulings and Clarifications" section.
I take it that when the card says you may move into the space occupied by that figure, that it's a free move. It also says you may continue his [normal] movement afterwards. That's how I've read it, so he could theoretically trample a huge line of figures in one turn!

Old September 1st, 2007, 12:06 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
Quote:

This was discussed in the Gencon 07 pics thread (pages 8 and 9), but I didn't see a definitive answer. If there is an official ruling (or even a consensus interpretation), it should probably go into the "Rulings and Clarifications" section.
I take it that when the card says you may move into the space occupied by that figure, that it's a free move. It also says you may continue his [normal] movement afterwards. That's how I've read it, so he could theoretically trample a huge line of figures in one turn!
I haven't seen an official answer, but I am fairly certain that isn't how it is supposed to work. It isn't a free move. Did anyone send this in?

If people are playing it this way he could, in theory, never stop moving as long as there is another common figure or one life left hero standing next to him. I see nothing that says it is a free move. What I see is people wanting to interpret it that way.

The ability to potentially trample up to 6 figures (his move value) then still attack is strong enough. He is supposed to be powerful, but not Godly.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:21 PM

Baconsteak has disabled reputation
Yea the text at the beginning that clarifies the character he is stomping must be in a space where Tor Kul Na could end his movement implies that its part of his normal movment distance. Thus if you've already moved 6 spaces and you're not allowed to trample someone that would result in you moving onto a 7th space.

Theres no free movements thrown in, he can only cause as much havoc as possible within 6 movement spaces of where he started. Seems pefectly clear to me, but its easy to read too much into it.

He could however steamroll down a road full of figures for 9 spaces, and movement glyphs or power boosts would apply
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:29 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I understand the 'Trample Stomp' ability apart from one thing.
Can Tor-Kul-Na use this power more than once aslong as he destroys the chosen figure and has movement left? This is what i interpretted 'At any point while moving' as.
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:36 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Yes. In the game that Craig Van Ness played against MattserTruckRally at Gencon, Mattser trampled several of Craig's 4th mass in one turn.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:38 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Yes. In the game that Craig Van Ness played against MattserTruckRally at Gencon, Mattser trampled several of Cragi's 4th mass in one turn.
Cool - if this guy is on road and he had a full line of squaddies next to him he could, potentially, take out 9 figures!
I see this powerhouse being a good bridge unblocker!
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:39 PM

Baconsteak has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Can Tor-Kul-Na use this power more than once aslong as he destroys the chosen figure and has movement left? This is what i interpretted 'At any point while moving' as.
Yes thats the intention, stomp whatever you can or whatever is in your way within his normal movment distance. (so long as you make the d20 roll for each stomp)

I would imagine most opponents wouldn't try and swarm him with too many figures though for fear of being trampled.
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconsteak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Yes thats the intention, stomp whatever you can or whatever is in your way within his normal movment distance. (so long as you make the d20 roll for each stomp)

I would imagine most opponents wouldn't try and swarm him with too many figures though for fear of being trampled.
My plan against him would be one i use against Jotun: keep all of your figures at least one space apart from each other, that way reducing the amount of damage your army takes. This way TKN - after destroying one figure - will have to 'waste' moves to try and get to your other figures, that way doing as little damage as possible.
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:57 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
I am mildly physically aroused at the thought of using Kra-Ne-Um against the roborats. The rotten little buggers don't get to scatter when the big boy comes haulin' towards them. From now on, any time someone drafts 2 or more squads of them I'm going for the chrome-dome killin' machine, here.

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:59 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
My guess is that taking this guy down will be similar to how you take down Jotun or (to a lesser extent) Mimring.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units