Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think will be best, Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero4?
Guitar Hero World Tour (4) 5 26.32%
Rock Band 2 5 26.32%
Who cares, they are both going to rock! 1 5.26%
I can't say untill I've played/seen both of them. 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What do you think will be better?

For me it is all about the setlist. And so far GHWT has the more appealing songs, though quite a few I would disregard completely and pretend they never existed.

DWARVES!
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I much prefer the setlist for Rock Band 2. I MUCH prefer the setlist.

Question for the Guitar-Hero-is-harder types. Was Guitar Hero 1 comparable, or was it easier than later incarnations? If GH1 was easier than GH3, I think you can expect RB2 to be harder. It also is reasonable to speculate the drum/bass/singing parts on GH4 will be easier than RB2.
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:14 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

GH2's drums were first out the gate with the new arrangement, RB2's are modular you can use cymbals or not.

DLC is the winner - RB2 has the huge edge here.
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM

$$un is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
GH2's drums were first out the gate with the new arrangement, RB2's are modular you can use cymbals or not.

DLC is the winner - RB2 has the huge edge here.
I think it's better to have a drum set were it's not random what pad makes what sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I much prefer the setlist for Rock Band 2. I MUCH prefer the setlist.

Question for the Guitar-Hero-is-harder types. Was Guitar Hero 1 comparable, or was it easier than later incarnations? If GH1 was easier than GH3, I think you can expect RB2 to be harder. It also is reasonable to speculate the drum/bass/singing parts on GH4 will be easier than RB2.
Your just proving my point. Basicly your saying Guitar Hero gets harder and harder, this is only the second Rock Band, no one knows if it's any harder.
Also, there is no singing in GH4. GH3 has bass. So it will be harder, and the drums has a brand new look in GH4 than Rock Band. So every one who has played Rock Band will be confused, and every one who didn't play Rock Band will have no idea how the drums work thus making GH4 way harder then Rock Band 2 in every way.

I <3 noobs

Last edited by $$un; August 15th, 2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:15 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

...I don't play either game, but you DO realize that not only does Rock Band have the Bass (which you say as "base" for some reason, though that IS the correct pronounciation...), the Bass is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than the Guitar. The Bass gets, like, 0 solos and is just easier in general. Why do YOU think that Rock Band never had a Bass single player? Because it's EASIER, that's why. Either that, or I misunderstand you completely.
Oh yeah. You say that anyone who hasn't played Rock Band don't know how the Drums work... that applied for Rock Band when it came out, also. It doesn't mean anything.
I haven't played either, but I enjoy being a Devil's Advocate.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

To squash your bass line advocacy BtMS, though not typical some bass lines and player sin certain genres of music have extensive solos, riffs, and difficult pieces, maybe even more so than a guitarist. In Funk, and some genres of Metal the bass is a key instrument to the rhythm of the song.

And I believe that RB2 does have a bass solo career.

DWARVES!
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
...I don't play either game, but you DO realize that not only does Rock Band have the Bass (which you say as "base" for some reason, though that IS the correct pronounciation...), the Bass is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than the Guitar. The Bass gets, like, 0 solos and is just easier in general. Why do YOU think that Rock Band never had a Bass single player? Because it's EASIER, that's why. Either that, or I misunderstand you completely.
Oh yeah. You say that anyone who hasn't played Rock Band don't know how the Drums work... that applied for Rock Band when it came out, also. It doesn't mean anything.
I haven't played either, but I enjoy being a Devil's Advocate.
I meant the drum shape for the drums isn't the same so it will confuse people who played Rock Band before.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize I spelled bass wrong.

I <3 noobs

Last edited by $$un; August 15th, 2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM

Leo 535 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thumbs up Re: What do you think will be better?

Who cares, they both rock!
Old August 15th, 2008, 02:12 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
To squash your bass line advocacy BtMS, though not typical some bass lines and player sin certain genres of music have extensive solos, riffs, and difficult pieces, maybe even more so than a guitarist. In Funk, and some genres of Metal the bass is a key instrument to the rhythm of the song.

And I believe that RB2 does have a bass solo career.
The problem is, Rock Band (and Rock Band 2 by the looks of it) have none of those songs. There was like, ONE bass solo in the entire game in Rock Band 1, and GH4 and Rock Band 2 will likely follow suit.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old August 15th, 2008, 03:23 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation

1. THERE IS SINGING IN GHWT! IVE SEEN IT!
2. Never Said RB sucks, just the wii/ps2 version. Someone explained it for me, lacks dlc and more stuff.
3. RB was made by the makers of GH 1 and 2, so your its a new maker, its easier thing doesnt work.

My Signature
Old August 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah for those who don't know:

Harmonix Games:
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's
Rock Band
Rock Band 2

Neversoft Games:
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Guitar Hero: On Tour
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Guitar Hero World Tour

Honestly, part of the reason I don't like GH3 is that they make a few songs hard for the sake of hard rather than trying to mimic the actual guitar part. Most songs are fine, but every once in a while they make songs harder by blending the Rhythm and Lead parts together or jumping the hand positions around more than you'd have to on a real guitar.

Not that its a big deal and for people who play the game as a game it's quite rewarding. Personally, I find it off putting when I notice it simply because I don't like bands being given extra credit. I like to save the really hard songs for the really good bands, and it bugs me that GH3 likes to make everything hard for the sake of challenge. It's not game breaking or anything, but just enough to give me a preference.
Old August 15th, 2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
1. THERE IS SINGING IN GHWT! IVE SEEN IT!
2. Never Said RB sucks, just the wii/ps2 version. Someone explained it for me, lacks dlc and more stuff.
3. RB was made by the makers of GH 1 and 2, so your its a new maker, its easier thing doesnt work.
The Wii and Ps2 versions are just as good as Ps3 and X-box 360. The Wii version even comes with more songs! Also, with GH4 having singing makes it even better.

I <3 noobs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games