Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 5th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Runehardt has disabled reputation
September 1st - I am considering hosting a large Heroscape tournament at a con called "Gateway" (Strategicon) at the Westin near LAX.
Here's a thought... Maybe the beatdown should take place there. I know it would be a long drive for the Nor Cal group but it's at a hotel and you would have the whole gaming convention to enjoy for two days!
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
I have to wait for my wife's school schedule. She goes on some Saturdays. I do know the last Saturday of any month is out for me.
If your free Sept 22, it looks like we may start to have some momentum behind a date ... momentum of 5 people, but hey you gotta start some where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runehardt
September 1st - I am considering hosting a large Heroscape tournament at a con called "Gateway" (Strategicon)
September 1st is part of Labor day weekend ... not gonna work for me for multiple reasons.

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old June 6th, 2007, 04:40 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
Let me elaborate Satyr-

Poorly executed:
Pretending to be interested in joining us in the original beatdown was unnecessary and caused problems. The CCC delayed for over a week before making their post and did not respond to PMs, emails or on the forum which was inconsiderate. We couldn’t answer for them and everything was put on hold on our side while we waited for a response. SoCal has been blamed for the failure of the first beatdown, but I believe we could have at least put it on hold before plans went past the point of no return if the CCC had not deceived us.

Promising to return the trophy under our rules and then demanding a playoff for it was not cool. Neither was marking the trophy despite protests.

The guys were great to play with and the prank was awesome, but there is a difference between a spiteful prank and a playful prank. This was supposed to be the latter and could have been except for the above two things tarnishing it.

Overrated:

I'm not referring to the prank itself, but how several northerners have touted it as some major victory and proof of SoCal inferiority. They barely walked away with it and wouldn't even have had the chance except for generosity on Oogs part. I know it is mostly trash talk, but it galls me nonetheless. I was never much for trying to put down others and I don't react well to it.
Old June 6th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman
Let me elaborate Satyr-

Poorly executed:
Pretending to be interested in joining us in the original beatdown was unnecessary and caused problems. The CCC delayed for over a week before making their post and did not respond to PMs, emails or on the forum which was inconsiderate. We couldn’t answer for them and everything was put on hold on our side while we waited for a response. SoCal has been blamed for the failure of the first beatdown, but I believe we could have at least put it on hold before plans went past the point of no return if the CCC had not deceived us.

Promising to return the trophy under our rules and then demanding a playoff for it was not cool. Neither was marking the trophy despite protests.

The guys were great to play with and the prank was awesome, but there is a difference between a spiteful prank and a playful prank. This was supposed to be the latter and could have been except for the above two things tarnishing it.

Overrated:

I'm not referring to the prank itself, but how several northerners have touted it as some major victory and proof of SoCal inferiority. They barely walked away with it and wouldn't even have had the chance except for generosity on Oogs part. I know it is mostly trash talk, but it galls me nonetheless. I was never much for trying to put down others and I don't react well to it.

... And you wondered why I posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
Sounds like a grudge to me...

Dman vs Malechi

Absolutely not. I just want to play the F'ing game, not listen to endless whinning!
Sore losers do not make good opponents, ever, for any reason.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:50 PM
SoCal League Member

Do you really believe anyone could possibly care that much about one game? Of course you can believe whatever you want Malechi, but I have only said what I believe to be true; since I was there and you weren’t I don’t see how you can possibly know more then me on the subject. I don’t agree with what happened for several reasons and you may find nothing wrong with it, but those are opinions based on personal values. Satyr questioned what I saw wrong with it and I told him. Calling me a sore loser does nothing except exasperate a topic that really should be put to rest.

I realize my first response was antagonistic, but I don’t think I was any worse then your comment. I have a right to my opinions and if you are going to say something I don’t believe to be true, then I am going to call you on it. If you want to challenge the validity of something I said then go ahead, but you don’t know me and name calling is a petty argument.
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
... And here you are still whinning about it ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a grudge to me...

Dman vs Malechi

Two men enter! One man leaves!

Lets see blood ... kick his butt Malechi!

... just thought I'd chum the waters

Old June 8th, 2007, 03:58 PM
SoCal League Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
... And here you are still whinning about it ...
Well you bring about a compelling argument *nods* Indeed you have bested me and I must surrender to your superior logic. I see there would be no point in playing you Malechi; I’ll just concede now and save myself the trouble trying. Some day I might have an intellect as keen as yours, but for now I am just unable to match wits with you.
Old June 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
I just gotta say, Ive never had the pleasure of meetiing or playing malechi, but I have had a game or two with Dman, the first one I would rather forget (cuz I lost), but the last time was good fun!

and...being the good guy that dman is, he tracked me down in the bar and gave me a samurai I had misplaced (dropped), which I thought was pretty cool.

SO....dman, malechi....shake hands, we will let the past be the past, and hopefully you two will see fit to play each other ( I for one would love to see it).

Mr Satyr...are the rest of the northerners warming up to this beatdown?? I havnt seen to many folks posting in here.

Cheers to all of you!

Cheers to your favorite crew!
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:59 PM

I'm not sure what's going on with the rest of NorCal ... I'll start pestering via PM

Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:50 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
What's up!?! Have I been missing and not hearing about Gamedays or something!?!?!?!

Dang, Yay-Area folks,... where ya been hidin'?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall summer,... no gameday! I'm tryin to get in the mix!

I remember something about trying to coordinate this sucker sometime in September. Is that right? Or am I completely dilerious from complete boredum! (Did I spell that right?) WHO CARES! Let's play!

So-Cal where ya at??? We doin this or what!?! I'm bringing this baby back top and in your face again. Wassup, wassup, wassup!!!

Well if we can get this puppy off the ground, them I'm down to take flight on anyone!!!
That's what's up.

- D. -

PS - I'm ready to kick somebody in the grits!!!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:23 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
Thank you Dnutt for bringing this back out!!

It seemed like last time the idea didn't generate enough interest. I know so cal is willing to represent, we just need more nor calers to start chiming in. When there is ample interest then we can start nailing down the details.

Cheers to all of you!

Cheers to your favorite crew!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events