Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old December 30th, 2017, 08:53 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Just looking at your zombie boards make me cant wait to get to mine either.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 30th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The mats are super cool if I do say so. It would be fairly hard to duplicate those in a crafting way to get what you have there. I do have some ideas on what I could do for asphault road sections to go on top of my other board using dollar store foam.
When it comes to miniatures gaming, one thing I have chosen to do is pay the piper for neoprene game mats. Besides the 6 2x2's I have for The Walking Dead, I have a 4x4 tundra and snow mat, and a double-sided 6x4 mat with dirt/rocks/greenery on one side and desert and rocks on the other side. They cost a bit, but save me a ton of time and space. While I have been doing some scratch built stuff lately and will do some more here and there, I had to draw the line with playing surfaces because I still have so many minis yet to paint and other small terrain pieces to make or assemble, that the time saved from making boards is worth the money to me. But the other big thing is storage space.

My 6 neoprene mats for The Walking Dead fit into this bag, with 3 rolled up together and put at each end of the 4' bag. I have the same type of bag for my 4x4 and my 6x4. Easy to store and transport when I take my stuff to other venues to game on.

I've seen some people come up with some great boards for TWD and other games, and Trex with some cool IA and Frostgrave boards. I give them a lot of credit for their talent and time. That's where I have to take the shortcut though

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; December 31st, 2017 at 01:46 AM.
Old December 30th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
also posted on boardgamegeek. I'm in the process of getting my crafting station and workshop back in order. I've got so many project pieces ready to get crafting its quite overwhelming to look at. I'm thinking of thinning out my heroscape terrain collection to make room for all my pieces. I don't ever use the some 10 master sets worth of stuff on top of all the smaller sets I have. They just take up room in the craft room closet. Walls pictured are 4 inches tall. Same with blast doors. I'll be cranking out an unhealthy amount of scatter terrain for figures to hide behind. Just reclaimed my painting workbench.
10 mastersets! That's a lot. I have 6.

Old December 30th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
@Hahma

You sell yourself short. That dragon looks excellent. Though I'm no judge of such things, I think you'll do well in that contest. Either way you have a new sweet looking dragon to put on the table.
Hey Keglo, here are some pictures that my buddy Chris just posted of his dragon entry for the contest. I knew he was going to go nuts on it

Old December 31st, 2017, 04:02 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thats a nice display stand for that dragon. Great paint job as well. What else is kinda sweet is the clear plastic bit can be moved to a gaming base as well.

Old December 31st, 2017, 11:32 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

@Hahma

Wow, your buddy did an awesome job with his dragon too. And that base is fantastic.

I check this thread regularly because I love seeing all the stuff that you guys come up with.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old December 31st, 2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sweet pics Hahma.

Quote:
also posted on boardgamegeek. I'm in the process of getting my crafting station and workshop back in order. I've got so many project pieces ready to get crafting its quite overwhelming to look at. I'm thinking of thinning out my heroscape terrain collection to make room for all my pieces. I don't ever use the some 10 master sets worth of stuff on top of all the smaller sets I have. They just take up room in the craft room closet. Walls pictured are 4 inches tall. Same with blast doors. I'll be cranking out an unhealthy amount of scatter terrain for figures to hide behind. Just reclaimed my painting workbench.
The walls are all foam?

Are those hair curlers?

Really cool final product. Something perfect about those metal grate floors for sci-fi.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 31st, 2017, 08:36 PM
"like" happy

Yes and yes. Walls are blue insulation foam and dollar store hair curlers.

Old January 1st, 2018, 12:29 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Yes and yes. Walls are blue insulation foam and dollar store hair curlers.
Yes. I meant to tell you before. Brilliant use of hair curlers. They look really good in that terrain.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 1st, 2018, 12:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
@Hahma

Wow, your buddy did an awesome job with his dragon too. And that base is fantastic.

I check this thread regularly because I love seeing all the stuff that you guys come up with.
Yeah, I figured Chris would get really creative, he's a fantastic painter. My other buddy Brian entered the contest to get him motivated to start painting, as he plans to paint Star Wars Legion when he gets it. It was his first paint job and it turned out pretty good. So that's cool that he did it more as a motivation.

I enjoy posting pictures of stuff I work on and stuff I enjoy. It helps keep me motivated to keep on with the work that goes into it.

Old January 1st, 2018, 12:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

One more done and one to go (Emma's Diner). I finished this morning before going out to my group's all day New Year's Eve game day.

Samuel's Garage was a mostly easy build. Only a couple snags. The exterior siding has the bottom dark color go on first, and that went on great. The upper color kind of wanted to pull away at the top and either end, so than goodness for those wooden clothespins that came with the big ruins kit I had gotten for Frostgrave. So I pinned/clamped the top edge secure and held both ends until the glue dried. Not a big deal, but just slowed me down from moving onto the next steps a little.

The roof extention that goes to the side has a lot of really thin trusses under it that took awhile to assemble and required some filing of all the connection points. Again, not difficult but added some time. The skeleton framework seemed frail and I had to be careful, but as more pieces were added, it got stronger and when the roof pieces were added, it really strengthened up. That piece is separate and not glued to the building.

Overall, I'm very happy with it and it fits exactly on the mat that I had planned for it to go

Old January 5th, 2018, 12:41 AM
"like" happy

I finished a template for monster cards for ghost archipelago and frostgrave. They fit 4 8x10 sheet. Simple black and white with no pictures to keep them easier to use with various minis. Ill share pics of them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures