Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 8th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuynn
Hey guys
If you don't mind a couple of newbie my son (9) and I live about 1-1/2 hrs east of Rockton.
you're welcome to join us. i think we're up to about 8 or 9 so far and if you and your son come then there should still be room for 1 or 2 more players. unless we go to 8 on a map, then there would still be plenty of room.

as far as food goes, make sure you grab some lunch on the way in. for those showing up early for map building we'll make a fast food run before others arrive.

for those staying long enough, the easiest thing would be to order some pizzas, so bring some money for that.

i can stock the place with plenty of snacks and soft drinks. but if you have a certain favorite drink be sure to bring it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmith
What size table do I have to build on by chance? My current map is on an oval 4 foot x 6 foot dining room table. Just curious on what we will have to work with.
no problem. i forgot they also have a ping pong table (5x9). so your map can go there, mine on the dining room table and the pool table will be open for business.
Old June 8th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
finally got my map into LandScape.

here's the PDF and SOL (for SolidScape viewing)
https://heroscape.glasq.com/online/s...ata_deluxe.zip

and a couple pics:

i know a lot of players don't like glyphs but i do. i tried not to over-do it and gave some thought to their placement. (although i'm giving that Ivor glyph a rethink.)

i'm figuring both start zones are for 3 team players in each, for 6 players total.

i had my Muspellgata map setup for some playtesting. i was about to tear it down and start building the map for Sunday when i had the great idea to just add on to Muspellgata.

so i present to you (drum roll...) Muspellgata Deluxe

edit: i dumped the Sturla and Ivor glyph and added a second Gerda. i'll stop messing with it now - i promise

Last edited by GaryLASQ; April 5th, 2022 at 11:45 PM.
Old June 9th, 2006, 11:08 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Great job on the map, can't wait to play it Sunday
Old June 9th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Holy frack that map looks cool.

Sadly I won't be able to make it, I thought my little brother was only staying til Saturday, but my mom wants to pick up Sunday sometime and she doesn't know when she will be there.
Old June 9th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Spin Master

sorry you can't make it Nether. i'd like to host another game event this summer after Castles are out. but that one i think will be more in the Chicago area. my house perhaps or maybe a local game shop or somewhere...
Old June 9th, 2006, 08:38 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Gary, the map looks cool, can't wait to play it. I'm still kicking around teams, not knowing where I'll be starting is making it difficult. I've got some idea's though. So, how do we decide who plays what map? Are we rolling for that? It sounds like we're gonna have more than six people. Just curious.
Old June 10th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Spin Master

i just finished a game on my map with 4 players in 2 teams of 2, each player drafting 600 points. as i figured, it is too big for 4 players. 6 players should be just about right. 8 could work also if necessary.

i'd like to make a proposition. my son, my brother and myself will team up and challenge the first 3 players ready to play as the other team. i'll roll the 20-sider. if it's 1-10 my team is on the start zone with the lava in it, 11-20 we are on the other start zone. here goes...it's a 13. so my team is in the non-lava start zone.

since chuynn is another father/son team, perhaps one other player can team up with them. PM amongst yourselves for what armies you should make, especially now that you know what start zone you are in.

doesn't look like we will have 12 players. so maybe the first players eliminated on my map that have time for a second game can move to djsmith's map, since his will also work better with about 6 players. this way the game on the second map can get started while the game on the first map is still going.

two more things:

1) so far the last 3 of these game events i've been to have done turn order with the highest-to-lowest roll method rather than the highest roll goes first and play passes to the left. so if it's alright with everyone, let's go with the hightest-to-lowest method.

2) since i'm the house, there is only one house rule i'd like to do. the X order marker is a wildcard instead of a bluff. meaning, the army card with the X marker can take a turn instead of the army card with a 1, 2 or 3. if you're not sure what i mean, i can explain it in more detail on Sunday.
Old June 10th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Spin Master

starting to pack up before heading out to Rockton early.

as you're figuring out the premade armies, remember no dups on uniques in the same army. but if two players on the same team each want Mimring, then according to the rulebook, that is allowed (or gulp, a team of three players each with a Jotun).

each player can bring two armies and make a decision which army to play before the game(s) begin.
Old June 10th, 2006, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
2) since i'm the house, there is only one house rule i'd like to do. the X order marker is a wildcard instead of a bluff. meaning, the army card with the X marker can take a turn instead of the army card with a 1, 2 or 3. if you're not sure what i mean, i can explain it in more detail on Sunday.
Sounds good. I've always wanted to try that anyway.
Old June 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
Sorry about getting this on here so late. My wifes grandpa passed away on Friday. I will still be there but it's been a crazy couple days.
[/img]

Where the yellow starter markers are, they represent the snow and ice areas. The red lava tiles in the snow area are are actually ice; and the blue water tiles in the snow area represent the glaciers. See you tomorrow!
Old June 10th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Spin Master

holy smokes, that upper level is insane! can't wait to see how this thing is put together

i'm in Rockton now putting mine together. i just realized i didn't provide a phone number with the address. check for a PM on that...
Old June 10th, 2006, 11:45 PM

As I type this, I'm listening to a funky Jazz rendition of "Suicide is Painless". I love NPR. Depending on our actual count, might I suggest two games going at once. Keeping track of pts. for victory conditions. I somehow feel that way everyone would get one cool game, on two great maps. Just a thought. I'll still bring my Tundra, but we on't need it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events