Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 14th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
OK now that i have slept ...

a few things....

1.) I totally miscounted my points kills in that first 5way FFA. I counted my killed drones as 4 to a card, but woke this morn and rememeberd they are only 3 to a card. (I had 12drones, McGreech, 1sniper, 2 DEDs, and Brunak = 493pts killed) Oh well

2.) NGS was a really odd variant. The two players that were left in the game, Velenne and Ninthdoc, had not moved or taken wounds on their NGS until the other three players were eliminated. So the victors did not use their NGS until the end. There was not a single shackle in the game.

3.) I still have not lost a 1on1 game with this army, Tagawa, Izumi, monks, 2xaubrien archers; Rodriquez was the latest victim.

4.) I was trashed!! but I have determined drunk HS > sober HS, at least amongst friends in casual gaming.

Thanks for putting up with me guys!!!
Have you taken on any of the powerhouse armies? The 4th Mass heavy armies? The squad killing armies?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 14th, 2006, 12:00 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
GB,

I have play tested it agaisnt some of the powerhouse armies, (UPC's mainly) but that is only game simulation. I did play Aahzmandius 1on1 with his Feb tournament army at Jasco.

I am sure their are some stronger / squadkilling armies that would hurt it pretty good. I also beleive, for tournament style play, it is flexible enough to have success against many types of armies.

I am sure I will play it in one of the win-a-waves at Gencon Indy.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 14th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
GB,

I have play tested it agaisnt some of the powerhouse armies, (UPC's mainly) but that is only game simulation. I did play Aahzmandius 1on1 with his Feb tournament army at Jasco.

I am sure their are some stronger / squadkilling armies that would hurt it pretty good. I also beleive, for torunament style play, it is flexible enough to have success against many types of armies.

I love that army of yours. I want to play it sometime.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 14th, 2006, 03:47 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Thanks Rod, great times. I'm glad that Ry finally admitted that he was trashed. There's no other way that I could have beaten him.

The NGS variant was hella fun. Velenne's friend was getting frustrated as he was the first of the five to go and Velenne and I were the last ones standing. In the end, it was ninthdoc's NGS vs. velenne's NGS and his Morsbane. My NGS was squared off against Morsbane and we were both D20ing away, him trying to negate me and me trying to mindshackle him with both of us attacking each other in between. Neither was successful and in the end, Morsbane caught a lucky dice roll and eliminated my NGS. I say "lucky" because for the last 5 mins of the game nobody moved, velenne's NGS was back and away from the action (he never moved him during the game) and Morsbane and my NGS just sat there on level ground. For five solid minutes it was D20 Mindshackle, Attack, Defend, Attack, Defend, D20 Negation; over and over and over again.

After DoubleOak left with his son and before velenne and his bud and R˙chean arrived, Rod and I played our first game of Navia Dratp. I found both the starters for $7.99 each and 6 boosters at $2.99 each at the Lone Star Comics in Arlington (the big one). I walked out of there with a good set up for this game for under $40.00. In the boosters I found 2 rares: Navia Krra and a painted Olip Masetei figure. Rod was kind enough to read the rules for this while I read over the rules to Zombies!!! (we didn't get to play this). Rod beat me at Navia Dratp, but I'd like a primer from Aahzmandius or Grungebob sometime. That game was fun and I can see playing it for a lengthy period of time someday.

The next 2 gamedays are pretty close together. June 17 is at my place, and I believe that Grungebob is having one on July 1, he'll have to confirm that. Perhaps if it doesn't get too busy, we can knock one more out about mid-July. August is all about GenCon.

Thanks again, Rod. Great event, good times.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:59 PM

Double Oak has disabled reputation
Get together was fun, sounds like it was good that Caleb and I got out before the drinking began in earnest! Next round I will leave Caleb and bring Shiner instead

My7yr old son Caleb and I were the first to arrive followed shortly by Ninthdoc and a game quickly ensued. Caleb was tempted to stick with Gamecube with Rod's son but the chance to take on Rod and ND was too tempting.

Caleb fielded Major Q9, Sgt. Drake and the Tagawa Samurai, leaving 10 pts on the table that Rod and ND were kind enough to let me pick up as his partner.

Across from Caleb was Rod with Major Q9, Guilty McCreech, Parmenio, and two sets of Sacred Band.

I went with my trusty Krav Magna Agents, Valguard and 8 McDirk Warriors.

Across from me was NinthDoc with an Orc/Beast army made up of Krug, two sets of Arrow Gruts and two sets of Blade gruts and I believe a Swog Rider. Guilty McCreech blew the Orc/Beast theme but stuck true to ND's love of dem cowboys.

Caleb and Rod got it on early with Caleb's Major advancing and all of Rod's forces advancing - Parmenio surrounded by the Sacred Band. Caleb's Major took out Parmenio first and then a few Sacred Band before Rod's Major, sitting on the attack glyph wiped him out. Next up was Sgt. Drake, certain that his Thorian Speed would allow him to take that 6 attack against Rod's major, forgetting however that it did not defend Major's special attack of 3 rolls of 3. Drake never got very close to Major although he did take out on member of the Sacred Band. Tough start for Caleb as Rod picked on the young 7yr old mercilessly (I tried to get Caleb to work up tears to make Rod feel bad but he would have none of it).

On the other side of the board, I got my agents up on high ground and started to really have fun with ND's orcs. ND would march them up three at a time and the hot rolling agents would mow them down three at a time. Repeatedly ND would take the defense glyph only to have the orc holding it die the next turn. The only glyphs on our side of the board were the summoning that I used to bring Valguard up and the initiative Caleb held oh so briefly before Major's untimely demise.

ND, after watching wave after wave of Orcs and his Swog rider go down, with hardly a shot fired, charged Krug up into battle. He did put a few wound markers on Valguard but the hot rolling agents stayed out of his way and soon sent him into the afterlife (do beasts go to heaven?).

Caleb gained a healthy respect for Rod's Major and decided to stay far, far away so brought the Tagawa Samurai over to my side of the board to get em some orcs. One strayed to close to Major's guns and died a quick death, the other two took out Orcs and ND's Guilty before dying too quick deaths at the hand of the Major's specials.

Rod tried his hardest to take out the Krav Agents, rolling 9 dice, one at a time on several occasions, but never once did the KA's do a Deathwalker whiff and come up empty, always rolling at least one shield. Love them agents with height! To make sure the agents didn't take any more hits, I sent Valguard over to take a shot at Major and put a few more hits on him. Once tied up, the Major left the agents alone.

Between ND's last Orc and Rod's Major, Valguard had enough hits on him 5/7 to make the 8 McDirk's po'd and dangerous (they would now be attacking with 7 die each), so he got the heck out of dodge. Two turn markers had him safely out of range.

The final outcome started to become clear when the Agents pecking finished off the Major and they charged Rod's guilty and took out ND's last ORC. Guilty came off his perch for an adjacant double attack on an agent but once again the hot rolling agents came through unscathed. The same could not be said for Guilty as a barrage from the 3 agents, two at height, took guilty out and Rod's last ranged unit.

Although Caleb's forces were gone (he was back to playing Gamecub with Rod's son), I still had all of mine, including 8 hopped up McDirk's a wounded Valguard hiding in the rear and three very lucky and yet deadly Agents. Rod, with about 4-5 Sacred Band left decided the outcome was in hand and he would earn brownie points with my wife by getting us home early as promised so he called the game and surrendered.

In hindsight, the advantage to bringing a young son is you can in effect control two 400 pt armies as long as he listens to you and agrees! Much fun although he has informed me next time he would like less parental guidance, something Rod and ND probably would have preferred as well .

Unless my Shiner Bock or other beer gets to field an army, I will probably have to stick to one army next time!

ND - very hospitable as always, something about playing you brings out my luckiest rolls. Hope your not there when the luck runs out as vengence could be ugly.

Rod - thanks for having us over, thank Grandma for the house please, nice set ups and we had a very good time. Thank you.

Velenee - I have now gotten vengance on two of the three that were part of the team that wiped myself, Ultra Doug and owners son out at Jascos so mercilessly last month. The other night I had ND over for a game and he played Theracus who I really enjoyed killing to get that monkey off my back. You sir are the only one left from that fateful day of whuppin, so I am calling you out for the June 17th match at ND's to say I have unfinished business and want a rematch!!!

Sorry I missed the excitement that followed, look forward to a full day of action on the 17th (wife and kids will be gone so I can get in several matches!).

Never underestimate a smart 8 yr old who still has all three agents
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:43 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Double Oak,

I'm not trying to be a bad sport, but R˙chean took a look at my army and informed me that I had miscounted. I pulled a complete boner and over allocated 1 Arrow Grut and under allocated 4 Blade Gruts. Also, had I have taken a Swog Rider instead of Guilty McCreach, I would have come in 5 points under the alotted army size and had better bonding w/my Arrow Gruts.

In short, I welcome the rematch. Please bring it June 17th, I'll be waiting my little blue guys are hungry...

Old May 14th, 2006, 09:14 PM

Double Oak has disabled reputation
ND,

I have conferred with the agents and they have told me how much they enjoyed target practice with the orcs and would love a chance to take on the smurfs once more.

That said, somehow without Caleb there I doubt you will let me have the 10 extra points he didn't use so my army might have to change a wee bit.

Also, with the June date being at your hacienda, something tells me the map will be like none I have ever seen!!

Your ever so humble fellow HSer, Double Oak

Never underestimate a smart 8 yr old who still has all three agents
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:18 AM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
GB,

I am sure their are some stronger / squadkilling armies that would hurt it pretty good. I also beleive, for torunament style play, it is flexible enough to have success against many types of armies.

I love that army of yours. I want to play it sometime.
I did some play testing last night, the squad army versus the squad killers, Nilfheim and Braxas.

I ran them three times. First game was a slaughter, dragons rocked. I changed the strat and lead with archers. It still looked all but hopeless, though somehow the squad army won the second. Third try I didn't split markers at all, everything Nilfheim. Braxas didnt even move. Advantage dragons.

These two, Nilfheim and Braxas are sick sick sick in a 400pt army. (395)

Oh well, at least now I am not near as infatuated with the samurai/archer army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Thanks Rod, great times. I'm glad that Ry finally admitted that he was trashed. There's no other way that I could have beaten him.
Thanks for saying so Ninth, but that was my first game of the night. I wasnt trashed at that point, I had my wits about me, (though I won the last 3way FFA too when I WAS hammered) I helped you get your army squared right and almost pulled it out with Will Smith.

Your victory had nothing to do with my state of drunkedness. Granted I was slamming beers during our game but I wasn't really drunk until after our game.

You had a nice army and you got a nice win, I enjoyed our game very much. Nothing like a good 1on1 and Rod's map was a very interesting play. Give yourself credit, Doc; thanks for the loss!

Old May 15th, 2006, 11:38 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
"Will Smith."

I LOL'ed when I heard that. Gimme a few minutes and I'll get some pictars up.
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:12 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Soz, I didn't take many pics and most of them were of maps. I'll save the best for last though...

Bilbo's Mimring/Nilf combo wiped the tundra map...

Things get intersting when ninth's summoner and lawman meet Bilbo's snipers.

Pompeii gets a run in a 5v5 free-for-all for points. Obsidians win the day.

I just manage to get a shot of Ry during the only moment of the night he held neither a beer or fig in one hand.

He was reaching for it though!
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:21 PM
ATF Agent

That was probably one of the numerous times that Ry dropped his dice on the floor, missing his dice tower entirely.

The lesson here is simple, boys and girls:

Don't drink and dice.

Old May 15th, 2006, 12:24 PM

LOL! ok ok ok

Wow! I look like the classic drunk in that pic, red nose and all.

I apologize for my profanity, my condescending attitude, and self importance.

sadly, I wish I could blame it on the beer

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events