Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old May 23rd, 2020, 02:43 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Workbook of Cave Troll

Perhaps make it scenario based where they have 1 less movement to show that they are averse to sunlight or you could build it into Cave Dweller, if there are no Shadowtiles or Jungle Terrain on the map then they have 1 less movement. Though I think we should avoid building in too many "weaknesses" into the cards unless they are strong to begin with. The whole point of Orcs is that if they were immune to sunlight that they would be a lot of trouble to deal with, currently they aren't too threatening to build that into.
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:40 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

You can also think of it as them having 6 attack, but -1 against figures not on a cave or shadow space.

My personal feeling is that this design is probably ready to be put in a fellowship.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 26th, 2020, 10:39 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll second that, it looks fun.
Old May 26th, 2020, 10:58 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I still think there cave trolls should have a higher defense, like 5 or even 6 (and a lower life). Like I said before, Boromir's blade couldn't cut them.

Other than that, I like the design.
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:24 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think Tough covers the "Boromir's blade couldn't cut them" aspect. I don't want to drive the defense of the unarmored one too high. But. Reading the passage where the troll starts entering, it has a lot of green scales (makes me think of the Abomination marvel mini); maybe we should go up to 3?

--
--
--

--
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:26 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I think Tough covers the "Boromir's blade couldn't cut them" aspect. I don't want to drive the defense of the unarmored one too high. But. Reading the passage where the troll starts entering, it has a lot of green scales (makes me think of the Abomination marvel mini); maybe we should go up to 3?
I like 2 for the defense better. Any increase to the defense (combined with tough) makes the figure a lot stronger, and I prefer this guy to be a bit cheaper (under 100 pts) given the 'upgrade' likely to come with the armored troll later.
Old May 26th, 2020, 01:02 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Ok. I forgot it had Tough.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 01:28 AM

Tough should cover it, the idea of the auto shield seems synonymous with a sword sparking off his hide. Peeking over at the Boromir threat it looks like he has 3 attack, paired up against this guy's 2 defense and 1 auto shield it should be a pretty good match up and communicate our theme well.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Tough should cover it, the idea of the auto shield seems synonymous with a sword sparking off his hide. Peeking over at the Boromir threat it looks like he has 3 attack, paired up against this guy's 2 defense and 1 auto shield it should be a pretty good match up and communicate our theme well.
Boromir may end up with 4 attack, but your point stands.

--
--
--

--
Old June 9th, 2020, 06:27 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice, simple, clean design, I like the direction we've taken. It may need a little more spice, but that can be decided down the line.
Old June 9th, 2020, 10:40 AM

Yeah I hear that, on the armored version of the troll we can probably go for some more robust stats and maybe make them siege or anti-hoard oriented. Lots of possible directions.
Old June 18th, 2020, 03:08 PM

In line with my suggested change to the Orc version of cave dweller, what if we had a power that upped the ante; change the move bonus to 2 instead of 1 (with a base move of 4) and the attack bonus to 2 (with a base attack of 4). It is actually a negative power most of the time, but positive powers are easier to word and keep track of. It would make him cheaper and emphasize the impact of daylight compared to the orcs.

We could call it Cave Dweller 2 and call the other power Cave Dweller 1. @Chris Perkins @Shiftrex

Also looks like I need to update the OP and thread title. This is part of Fellowship A

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs