Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 24th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Interesting suggestion Ace, thanks for posting.
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:16 PM

=Ace= is surprisingly tart

Tell me if anything comes of it

I wonder if she still remembers...
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know you guys just added Omegacron, but I believe it wouldn't be a bad thing to add another Omnicron squad. Maybe unique. Somehow buffing the Asi/Kato army would be an excellent idea as well.

Another Tribesman hero would be welcome; however, I think he should be a game changer, in the same way that Marcus is a game changer for the Romans; it should be seen as you HAVE to have him. The Mohicans right now are a fun and interesting choice for sure, but as their bonding is very hard to activate and they are very underpowered compared to basically another other of the ranged squad in the 50-100 point range. (Everything from stingers/marro warriors, to heck I'd even say Omnicron Snipers). Sure, Stingers are pretty well too good to be true when you look at their price, but they have the same stats at range when the Mohicans are engaged(more tatical flexablility/more height attacks) vs. Quasi-bonding and a slim chance to auto block any ranged attack. It really doesn't compare.

To buff them, I'd suggest about two ideas- A Tribesman that helps them get into engagement much faster, and is a good fighter himself allowing for multiple activations, or a tribesman who has a very passive and long range aura and/or some other kind of buff that would allow the Indians to buff their effectiveness at range or up close, or maybe even both.

Fighting Bull

Life 4(Always thought the Indians should have lower life than the rest)
Move 6(Helps get to the action faster)
Range 1
Attack 5(Nice, hearty attack to make sure his activation counts)
Defense 4(Decent defense, not impossible to kill, but not to easy. Will fall to concetrated fire, kind of like the Mohicans)

Melee Defense 1
Adds one to defense if adjacent.

Human Scout Move Bonus
Adds one to the move of all humans scouts(currently Mohicans. Move 8 mohicans? Sweeeet.)
100ish points

or

Blue River

Life 4
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 3
Defense 2

Concealment 14, 15 or 16(I think 16 would work better, giving him a 50/50 shot of dodging well placed shots at his max range)

Concealment Roll Bonus/Human Scout Defense or attack bonus(When adjacent, +1 at most?)/Human Scout Defense AND attack Bonus(When Adjacent?)
Edit: I mean by the adjaency bonus iI mean for the mohicans to be adjacent torb enemy not him.. maybe a 3-6 space range on the aura?

100-140 points?
Just throwing out some rough ideas.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; January 24th, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:01 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the ideas Arrow Grut.

Although its hard to argue that some of our units are anything other than 'fixes,' we usually don't shoot for making units that are a 'must-have.'

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

Although its hard to argue that some of our units are anything other than 'fixes,' we usually don't shoot for making units that are a 'must-have.'
That was more of an exagerration. I was basically it would be nice to get a Marcus-esque hero that buffed the Mohicans significantly and made them more of a force.

Old January 24th, 2013, 10:14 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:

That was more of an exagerration. I was basically it would be nice to get a Marcus-esque hero that buffed the Mohicans significantly and made them more of a force.
We all would like to make another Tribesman hero. Although we've had a few cool ideas, we don't really have any minis that are widely available.

With that said, the Mohicans are already quite a force to be reckoned with. They take a lot more skill to play than a squad like the 4th Mass or Knights of Weston, but they're better than they look at first glance.

--
--
--

--
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:

We all would like to make another Tribesman hero. Although we've had a few cool ideas, we don't really have any minis that are widely available.

With that said, the Mohicans are already quite a force to be reckoned with. They take a lot more skill to play than a squad like the 4th Mass or Knights of Weston, but they're better than they look at first glance.
I hear you on the minis thing. Finding good quality native american prepainted minis probably won't be easy. And I do very much so agree. Mohicans are excellent if played right, and I enjoy that. But they still fall a little flat when compared to other ranged squads in the same category. I don't think they need an emourmous buff. But I think thry need a awesome tribesman who can reward the amount of skill it takes to play the mohicans. Even if you disagree with thst, I feel the Mohican "faction" as a whole is not complete, at least not without a few more tribesman.
Edit: You guys are still doing great work as always. Sorry for me rambling a little.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; January 24th, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:46 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The only prepainted native american minis are the DnD Crow Shaman who has availibility around 20, and some em4 ones that are ten bucks a piece. We tried to come up with something in the new aquilla units thread.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:44 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's some more suggestions for figures:
the Mechwarrior Solaris VII Medium Class Action Pack 76 at Miniature Market for $12,
D&D Aberrations Hill Dwarf Warrior 73 for $1.95 to 3.89,
Aberrations Rhek 105 for $1.25 to 1.49,
Aberrations Elf Warrior 81 for $1.99 to 2.79,
Against the Giants Degenerate Cultist of Orcus 164 for $0.70 to 3.19
Angelfire Caravan Guard 74 for $1.29 to 3.00,
Pathfinder Miniatures medium earth elemental -I was able to add 99 to cart at Paizo for $4.50 each. New granite guardian hero maybe?

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; February 8th, 2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: new figure
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:47 AM

=Ace= is surprisingly tart

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/swcs04.html
Saw this miniature and instantly thought of the Jandar Soulborg line up. Here is an idea for this unit.

Opticron – Jandar, Alpha Prime
Soulborg, Unique Hero, Spotter, Precise, Medium 5?
Life: 3 Move: 5 Range: 6 Attack: 1 Defense: 3 Points: 120
Deadly Shot Aura:
When attacking with a Soulborg figure that follows Jandar and is within 4 clear sight spaces of Opticron, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. Opticron’s Deadly Shot Aura does not affect Opticron.
Deadly Shot:
When attacking with Zetacron, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

If you don’t want to use this idea, at least consider the miniature for possible Jandar Soulborg use. Its color scheme works nicely even with the splash of red and reminds me of the Omnicron Snipers (Hope I spelled that right).

I wonder if she still remembers...
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I recognize that mini too easily as a Clone Trooper from Star Wars. More Omnicrons would be great, though.
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Ace= View Post
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/swcs04.html
Saw this miniature and instantly thought of the Jandar Soulborg line up. Here is an idea for this unit.

Opticron – Jandar, Alpha Prime
Soulborg, Unique Hero, Spotter, Precise, Medium 5?
Life: 3 Move: 5 Range: 6 Attack: 1 Defense: 3 Points: 120
Deadly Shot Aura:
When attacking with a Soulborg figure that follows Jandar and is within 4 clear sight spaces of Opticron, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. Opticron’s Deadly Shot Aura does not affect Opticron.
Deadly Shot:
When attacking with Zetacron, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

If you don’t want to use this idea, at least consider the miniature for possible Jandar Soulborg use. Its color scheme works nicely even with the splash of red and reminds me of the Omnicron Snipers (Hope I spelled that right).
That's a pretty cool figure, but it might be way too Star Warsy for most.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs