Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 30th, 2013, 01:13 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Goblin Cutters

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Assuming a 500 point, double-blind, 24 hex start zone situation, does Cutters x4 or x5 tend to be more competitive? You undoubtedly want plenty of Cutters in order to take full advantage of their Scurry ability, but is 4 squads too few? The potential disadvantage I see to using 5 squads is it results in a fairly one-dimensional army, meaning the army is not able to adequately adapt when facing heavy special attackers. I'd love to hear the thoughts of someone with experience using 5 squads of these pesky Goblins, as I'm trying to decide whether to invest in a fifth squad or not.
I'd buy the fifth squad. 250 points of Cutters leaves you plenty of points for an offense designed to deal with "heavy special attackers." Q10 and any number of 100 point options (an Iron Golem would be my first choice) should be competitive against practically anything. But, regardless of what anyone tells you, if you are enamored with the idea of playing them, which I suspect you are from your question, you should buy them - and figure out for yourself how competitive they are.
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Assuming a 500 point, double-blind, 24 hex start zone situation, does Cutters x4 or x5 tend to be more competitive? You undoubtedly want plenty of Cutters in order to take full advantage of their Scurry ability, but is 4 squads too few? The potential disadvantage I see to using 5 squads is it results in a fairly one-dimensional army, meaning the army is not able to adequately adapt when facing heavy special attackers. I'd love to hear the thoughts of someone with experience using 5 squads of these pesky Goblins, as I'm trying to decide whether to invest in a fifth squad or not.
I'd buy the fifth squad. 250 points of Cutters leaves you plenty of points for an offense designed to deal with "heavy special attackers." Q10 and any number of 100 point options (an Iron Golem would be my first choice) should be competitive against practically anything. But, regardless of what anyone tells you, if you are enamored with the idea of playing them, which I suspect you are from your question, you should buy them - and figure out for yourself how competitive they are.
to 5 squads, as that fifth squad makes all of the difference in the end-game, believe me. However, the real key is to allocate the points for something that can take on Special Attackers, such as Q9, as well as bonding heroes (such as Mogrimm). If you can't deal with them early-on, then it really won't matter how many Cutters you have...
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:11 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Interesting...if both you and your opponent have Goblin Cutters it appears that Scale would stack due to the lack of "you control" language.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Interesting...if both you and your opponent have Goblin Cutters it appears that Scale would stack due to the lack of "you control" language.
How exactly do you arrive at that conclusion?

SCALE and CLIMB both lack the "you control" verbiage because it isn't needed.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Quote:

When moving up and down levels of terrain, Goblin Cutters may add 2 to their height.

If both you and your opponent have the card, that is two seperate instances of the power, so if I'm moving a Cutter I can use the Scale on my opponent's card and the one on my card to add 4 to my height total.

It's like the SKull Demon problem that C3V had.

Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:03 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do what the card says, not what it doesn't.

Rÿchean's right. And I can think of no instance where I get to use the abilities of my opponent's card if I have the same card in my army. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 24th, 2013, 12:43 AM

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When moving up and down levels of terrain, Goblin Cutters may add 2 to their height.

If both you and your opponent have the card, that is two seperate instances of the power, so if I'm moving a Cutter I can use the Scale on my opponent's card and the one on my card to add 4 to my height total.

It's like the SKull Demon problem that C3V had.
By this logic, if both players are playing the 10th reg, then both players get to add 2 to their defense when defending against an adjacent, normal attack because melee defense 1 doesn't include you control language either.

I guess you get to roll frenzy twice if both players are playing venoc vipers?

I suppose you get to double up your counter strikes when both players have Izumi, too?

I could go on and on....

What in the world is going on with the custom side of things that has you thinking you can stack powers from your opponent's like cards? Because you most certainly can not.

Last edited by Rÿchean; August 24th, 2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: This makes me sad
Old August 24th, 2013, 01:14 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

By that logic, greygnarl, you could stack just by having two copies of a common card on one team. Which you can't.
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:07 AM

I was thinking of how having multiple instances of an uncommon card lets powers they have stack, but I guess Common cards are ruled differently. Sorry to be a bother.

Old August 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I was thinking of how having multiple instances of an uncommon card lets powers they have stack, but I guess Common cards are ruled differently. Sorry to be a bother.
It's no bother at all. Just want to make sure you guys are playing it correctly, is all.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
huh? which of these uncommons has a stack-able power?

Ogre Warhulk
Werewolf Lord
Frost Giant of Morh
Master of the Hunt
Greater Ice Elemental
Fen Hydra
Iron Golem
Mind Flayer Mastermind
Wyvern
Ogre Pulverizer
Feral Troll
Ice Troll Berserker

I'm sorry greygnarl, but I really have no idea what it is you are referring to or getting at; I am truly baffled.

Old August 24th, 2013, 08:17 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
huh? which of these uncommons has a stack-able power?

Ogre Warhulk
Werewolf Lord
Frost Giant of Morh
Master of the Hunt
Greater Ice Elemental
Fen Hydra
Iron Golem
Mind Flayer Mastermind
Wyvern
Ogre Pulverizer
Feral Troll
Ice Troll Berserker

I'm sorry greygnarl, but I really have no idea what it is you are referring to or getting at; I am truly baffled.
It's a C3V figure called a Skull Demon that he's referring to that can be found here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=41696. What stacks is that figures with a range of one may add one die to their normal attack for each Skull Demon by them, this bonus is for each Skull Demon adjacent to the attacking figure.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units