Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 16th, 2016, 02:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of N'astirh

Would something like this be more acceptable?

ENTER THE DEMON HORDE

At the start of the game, choose one human unique hero you control, that figures species is demon instead of human for this game. After rolling for initiative, add 1 to your roll for each common Demon you control and add 2 to your roll for each other unique Demon you control, up to a maximum of +8.

TECHNO-ORGANIC VIRUS
Whenever N'astirh attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, if he causes at least one wound you must roll a single combat die for Techno-Organic Virus. If you roll a skull, remove one Wound Marker from this card, if you roll a shield, place one Wound Marker on this card.

Everyone okay with the base stats where they are at?
Old June 16th, 2016, 02:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I kind of like the potential for healing idea as it would certainly give you a good reason to try the normal attack. I just worry that a MD figure that can heal themselves might be annoying for some single attack units to deal with. Raven already walks that line and can be tough to take down. The random nature of the healing along with the potential to deal damage to himself on the same die roll should keep it in check though so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing how it plays in testing.

As for the Faustian Bargain aspect, that is where I started with the design but scrapped it in favor of a new direction once we mined that territory a bit with Mephisto. Plus the deal aspect ended up getting a bit too complex and dominating the card. We could simplify it a bunch if you all still want a turn a human into a demon with a touch concept included by just adding that to Enter the Demon Horde. 'At the start of the game, choose one Human you control to have the species of Demon instead of Human for that game.' It would let you build all kinds of all Demon armies easier if any one human could be a one game Demon.

In regards to Conqueror class, he leads a demon invasion in an attempt to conquer so he seemed as much a conqueror that could lead the Annihilation Wave as Apocalypse/Brainiac/Darkseid/Kang/M.O.D.O.K./Mandarin/Master Mold/Mongul/Psycho-man/Starro/Thanos. Plus the figures we use for that squad are the Mezzodemons from Classic so it didn't seem that crazy to me. I'm not stuck on it though if it is an issue for most of you.
I'd say just make him a Conqueror then and scrap the Sorcerer part.
At the time I was thinking we might end up with some class restricted spells, so I wanted the dual class for that reason, but so far we have not gone in that direction and I'm not sure if we will or not. I can live with one class here, either one works for me.
Old June 16th, 2016, 03:51 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Would something like this be more acceptable?

ENTER THE DEMON HORDE

At the start of the game, choose one human unique hero you control, that figures species is demon instead of human for this game. After rolling for initiative, add 1 to your roll for each common Demon you control and add 2 to your roll for each other unique Demon you control, up to a maximum of +8.

TECHNO-ORGANIC VIRUS
Whenever N'astirh attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, if he causes at least one wound you must roll a single combat die for Techno-Organic Virus. If you roll a skull, remove one Wound Marker from this card, if you roll a shield, place one Wound Marker on this card.

Everyone okay with the base stats where they are at?
If you are worried about power level with MD and healing you could always go..

TECHNO-ORGANIC VIRUS
Whenever N'astirh attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, if he causes at least one wound you must roll a single combat die for Techno-Organic Virus. If you roll a skull, remove one Wound Marker from this card, if you do not roll a skull, place one Wound Marker on this card.

to make it 50/50

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 16th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think making someone into a Demon is a fairly big deal and will help him mechanically as well, so that's a good idea. Sorcerer and Conqueror both work so that's up to the LD.

Otherwise I'm fine with that. I agree he's on the border for Magical Defense, but I'm cool with it.
Old June 17th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

For what it's worth, to elaborate on my suggestions, this is roughly the direction I'd take N'Astirh's power set:

Quote:
DEMONIC TOUCH
Start the game with 3 green Demon Markers on this card. Instead of attacking with N'Astirh, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher and the figure is not a Unique or Event Hero, destroy it and place one of your previously destroyed Demon squad figures on that space. If you roll 12 or higher and the figure is a Unique Hero, place a Demon Marker from this card unto the chosen figure's card. A figure other than N'Astirh with one of your Demon Markers on its card adds 1 to its Attack number and has the species of Demon instead of what is listed on its card.

PORTAL FROM LIMBO
Once per game, before rolling for initiative, if all your Order Markers are placed on this card, you may choose up to 12 Demon squad figures you control in your startzone. One at a time, place each chosen figure on an empty space within 3 spaces of N'Astirh.

DEMONIC MANIPULATOR
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with N'Astirh, you may take a turn with a Demon squad you control or choose a Unique Hero with one of your Demon Markers on its card. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, take temporary control of that Hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Demonic Manipulation.
This focuses on the N'Astirh that is a manipulative demon leader who's primary strategy is to turn people into demons, empower them, and use them for his own ends (which sometimes backfires). It's pretty text heavy/complex and could use some trimming, but it roughly captures what I think of as the iconic aspects of the character. My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 18th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You should add 'Design Phase' to the title.

Looking forward to this one.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 18th, 2016, 12:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Re: The Book of N'astirh - Design Phase

That is a pretty far deviation from the current design. When we brainstormed up a new direction for this guy in my design thread Spidey was pretty passionate about having the Techno-Organic Virus represented on his card somehow and I'm stuck on him having Magical Defense. I like that Limbo power though and wonder if we couldn't someone incorporate that into the current design. The Demon Hoard power sprung from my desire to gain some benefit form drafting a bunch of our various demon figures (Hellboy, Ghost Rider, etc.) together into one army. I just wanted a light touch in that regard. Perhaps instead of an initiative boost the ability to 'summon' demon figures from your SZ to your current location would be enough of a reason to build an all demon army?

PORTAL FROM LIMBO
Before rolling for initiative, if at least one of your Order Markers are placed on this card, you may choose one Demon Unique figure or one Demon squad you control in your startzone. Place each chosen figure or squad on an empty space within 3 spaces of N'Astirh.

Is that clear that you only get one card's worth of squad figures to place instead of all of the common demons you control in your SZ? You lose the turning a human into a demon aspect we added to Enter though.
Old June 18th, 2016, 08:10 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
That is a pretty far deviation from the current design. When we brainstormed up a new direction for this guy in my design thread Spidey was pretty passionate about having the Techno-Organic Virus represented on his card somehow and I'm stuck on him having Magical Defense.
Personally I don't feel like we're doing the character justice, but maybe I just have a different image of the character.

Quote:
I like that Limbo power though and wonder if we couldn't someone incorporate that into the current design. The Demon Hoard power sprung from my desire to gain some benefit form drafting a bunch of our various demon figures (Hellboy, Ghost Rider, etc.) together into one army.
I get the desire to pull factions together like that, but I really don't think it's thematically appropriate to use N'Astirh for that. He's generally locked in a power struggle with other demon lords and wouldn't ally himself with them or the likes of Hellboy and Ghost Rider. Having him work with the Demon squads would be thematic though.

Quote:
PORTAL FROM LIMBO
Before rolling for initiative, if at least one of your Order Markers are placed on this card, you may choose one Demon Unique figure or one Demon squad you control in your startzone. Place each chosen figure or squad on an empty space within 3 spaces of N'Astirh.
Once per game would be more comic accurate. He doesn't have the ability to just open portals freely, but during the crossover he prominently featured in he did open a big portal so the demons from Limbo could invade.

Old June 18th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Okay, here's a shot at making a single power that captures his whole "demon command" thing.

THIS GUY LEADS DEMONS AND IS ALSO KIND OF FAUSTIAN
At the start of the game, choose up to X Common Demon figures and a Unique Hero in your Army. The chosen figures start the game on this army card and, if they are not Demons, have the Race of Demon instead of what is listed on their card. [Once per game??], before rolling for initiative, [and other restrictions??], you may place any of the chosen figures on empty spaces within 3 clear sight spaces of N'astirh.

He gets a demon horde and a single adherent - in my experience (which is probably half a dozen issues of recent stuff) that feels appropriate.
Old June 18th, 2016, 10:41 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Okay, here's a shot at making a single power that captures his whole "demon command" thing.

At the start of the game, choose up to X Common Demon figures and a Unique Hero in your Army. The chosen figures start the game on this army card and, if they are not Demons, have the Race of Demon instead of what is listed on their card. [Once per game??], before rolling for initiative, [and other restrictions??], you may place any of the chosen figures on empty spaces within 3 clear sight spaces of N'astirh.

He gets a demon horde and a single adherent - in my experience (which is probably half a dozen issues of recent stuff) that feels appropriate.
Kang II could probably be used for language on the dispersing of the Horde

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 19th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is pretty cool johnny.

I would try to utilize MD and Spells.
The Portal would be perfect as an expensive unique Spell.
I was going to do this for Nemesis who also once opened a portal to allow aliens to escape a prison.
Human to Demon could also be an unique Spell.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 19th, 2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

That works for me. It's not my favorite take, but it's much closer to fitting the character in my opinion. I'd still like to see him with an OM hub-like power to go with that though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library