Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 15th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Oracle - VOTE for Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Down to Sir G and Spidey!
After about 55 hours of not being around or voting, Spidey showed up and voted on one thing last night and disappeared again. The poor guy is working two jobs and only getting paid for one, so I think we should respectfully implement the "Spidey Rule" - if we are waiting on him to be the last vote, we count it is if he has simply abstained.
Old July 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well this one has only been up 12 hours and playtesting is pretty crowded. I've definitely seen times where I'd support a Spidey policy in the past, but 12 hours feels a tad soon.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 16th, 2011, 03:20 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With Spidey on abstain, this moves to Playtesting.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 16th, 2011, 01:13 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Here's my YEA.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

Old July 18th, 2011, 05:48 PM

Re: The Book of Oracle - Playtesting

After becoming wheelchair bound, Babs trained heavily in martial arts and became a master with eskrima. Also, she uses her brains pretty well in physical confrontations. She's slow and has no range, but if you get within her reach - watch out!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Missed this while I was out of town. Very glad to see this figure coming!

I'll make a few comments, fwiw, at this point, anyhow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Hey guys,

As always, all feedback is welcome and appreciated!

NAME = Oracle

SECRET IDENTITY = BARBARA GORDON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STRATEGIST
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4 [What does this represent? I've not read the comics, but in the shows and such that I've seen, she seems fairly limited. Just curious, since I don't know Oracle all that well.]
DEFENSE = 4 [As above.]

POINTS = 110 (?)

TACTICAL SURVEILLANCE
When rolling for initiative, you may add 3 to your roll for each Order Marker on this card.

SECRET ATTACK PLAN
Before any figure you control attacks with a normal attack, you may reveal an X-Order Marker on this card and add one automatic skull to that attack.

CONTINGENCY PLAN
When an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control, as long as Oracle is still in play.
Love the special powers. Look forward to seeing her come out. Sorry I missed this one. All best, V

Old July 20th, 2011, 02:02 PM

Looks good, thank you! And, no, auto skulls don't count as "skulls rolled" because, quite simply, you're not rolling them. So Birds of Prey synergy denied, unfortunately. Still, it's not like Oracle and Canary don't work well together as is.

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Oracle

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass. Yup, this Oracle does pretty much everything I expected (although I was expecting an extra attack die bonus vs. auto skull. Yikes!) I will say I was surprised by her base stats, but in reading up on the character a little I guess 4 attack is okay.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass. Oracle + Bullseye on height is pretty scary, though. Also, minor question. Do Autoskulls count when figuring powers that say "at least X skulls are rolled"? It would be kind of cool if Oracle helped Black Canary more consistently get Fists of Fury.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass. Autoskulls are always fun.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Loki + Joker + Oracle can be a frustrating Army to play against, but it requires quite a bit of OM management, and lacks a lot of punch if any component goes down, so it's probably Ok. Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Heck yes.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? Wow. This team really put the beatdown on the F4. This may be because Reed got quite a few bad Fantastic Leader rolls, and Johnny got shot down pretty fast. Still, Oracle was a big boon for cracking the team's boosted defense. She might have performed around 140 here.
- Give a brief overview. F4 got pwned. Hulk or Bullseye + Autoskulls are nasty. Reed was forced to tie them down, to try to hold on to Sue (the defense bonus was probably the only way his team would hold), so he took a lot of heat.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Oracle, Bullseye, Hulk (Hasbro), Hush, Beat Cops x1, Bodyguards x3 (995) vs. Fantastic 4 (1000)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 120 was fine here.
- Give a brief overview. So here's the setup... OMs 1 & 2 (and an X if you perceive a Teleport need) on Loki, OM 3 on Joker, 2 X's on Oracle. +6 to initiative (the neat thing about Loki's extra X is that if you lose it, it doesn't come off until after rolling for initiative), screw with your opponent's tactics, and Loki hits with 6 attack dice + autoskull and Joker tells bad jokes for cleanup. Pretty cool, huh? Unfortunately, it wasn't incredibly effective vs. respawning Doom.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Oracle, Loki, Joker, Beat Cops x1 (795) vs. Doom (C3G), Doombots x4, Civilians x1 (800)

Spoiler Alert!

Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:56 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Oracle

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 120 may be a tad overpriced, but I can see how that SECRET ATTACK PLAN is very useful, and Oracle can hold her own fairly well in actual combat. I am thinking 100 may be better for her though honestly.
- Give a brief overview. .
Map: Custom.
Units: Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress, and Robin - VS - Joker, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, and Riddler.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 120.
- Give a brief overview. I got a lot of power out of Oracle early on, and even though she died, for her to be killed the opponent had to give up height and placement to do so, which gave her even more value. This team had a lot of synergy or just smart complimenting powers, but to use effectively it required a lot of Order Marker management.
Map: Custom.
Units: Oracle, Loki, Green Lantern: John Stewart, and S.H.I.E.L.D. Snipers x3 - VS - Superman II, Green Lantern: Hal Jordan, and Batman.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Griffin; July 23rd, 2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:45 PM

One Army Test in and one to go.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:10 AM

I think 120 is workable, but I do think that is the high end. I got a lot of value out of her honestly, but she does have the potential to drop dead real quick.
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:37 AM

I was nervous to put her at 110 because she really blew it up in some of my tests, but if you feel 120 is too high, I can go with 110.
100 is just too low, IMO, for a figure you can impact the game greatly while she's in the very back of the startzone.
I propose we move Oracle to Final Editing at 110 points.

Old July 24th, 2011, 12:40 AM

I believe that she can fall safely in that point cost. Yea.
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Tickles Pickles

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

yea

C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Welcome to C3G | How to Lead a C3G Design | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Discord Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
At least you're pretty, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library