Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 13th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Swamp Thing

The Book of Swamp Thing

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 2
CREATURES AND CREEPERS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hypertime set.
Its model number and name are #115-117 / Swamp Thing.

Character Bio - Years ago, bio-scientist Alec Holland was brutally murdered in an explosion and ended up in the swamp of Louisiana. Accumulating leaves, moss, and rotten decay, a body was formed around Holland's mind, and arose as the Swamp Thing. For years, this Swamp Thing believed itself to be Alec Holland mutated into a monster, and vainly sought a cure to restore himself to human. It wasn't until much later that the creature learned the truth: He wasn't Alec Holland. He was a Plant Elemental, an agent of the Green, a vegetable, with the memories of Alec Holland. After realizing and accepting the truth, the Swamp Thing found a purpose in life as protector of the Earth. He developed his powers and skills, learning how to regenerate himself, control plant life, and travel through the realms and even how to travel back in time.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:06 AM. Reason: png
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:09 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Swamp Thing: Design Phase

NAME = SWAMP THING
SECRET IDENTITY = ALEC HOLLAND

SPECIES = PLANT ELEMENTAL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 235

THE GREEN
Instead of moving and attacking, you may place Swamp Thing on an empty space up to 8 spaces away. Swamp Thing can only use The Green if he is placed adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or a Jungle Piece, or on a grass, swamp, or swamp water space. If Swamp Thing is engaged when using The Green, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using The Green, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

SWAMP STRENGTH
When Swamp Thing is on a swamp or swamp water space, add one die to his Attack and Defense.

CUT DOWN TO SIZE
When Swamp Thing attacks, roll one fewer attack die for each Wound Marker on this card.

SUPER STRENGTH

Spoiler Alert!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 5th, 2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:36 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Check out my post for some figure pics.

Old August 13th, 2010, 10:50 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool! I think the first comic art picture best. Thanks for grabbing those.

Now I'll explain my choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
8 attack is way too high. I wouldn't go over 6 for him personally, but it's up to you.

Seriously consider putting a cap on The Green. I suggest:
Swamp Lurk
Instead of moving normally, Swamp Thing may swamp lurk. To Swamp Lurk, place Swamp Thing on any unoccupied swamp or swamp water space withing 10 spaces of Swamp Thing.

Also, this needs rewording, and I think it should be like stealth dodge:
Plant Matter
When defending against an attack from a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.

Or, if you really want to:

Plant Matter
Swamp Thing cannot be targeted by an attack from a non-adjacent figure.
I'm a fan of classic Swamp Thing (as a kid, I had the first few issues) and I've also read a compilation of what Alan Moore did in the 80s. Swamp Thing is tremedously strong. In the comics, he's always pulling his punches so he doesn't outright kill people (even Batman!) in one punch. I wanted him to be able to do a lot of damage (I even thought about upping his attack to 9) but only to one figure at a time.

For the unlimited movement range on THE GREEN, I got that from Alan Moore's run where he can travel around the world and to other planets through The Green.

As for my wording on Plant Matter, I wanted him to not be affected by normal bullets or arrows but still be affected by special attacks. I thought about the "not able to be targeted" wording but I wanted him to still be targeted for special attacks.

I hope that explains what I was thinking and thanks for all the suggestions!

Quote:
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Cool! I think the first comic art picture best. Thanks for grabbing those.

Now I'll explain my choices.

Quote:
8 attack is way too high. I wouldn't go over 6 for him personally, but it's up to you.

Seriously consider putting a cap on The Green. I suggest:
Swamp Lurk
Instead of moving normally, Swamp Thing may swamp lurk. To Swamp Lurk, place Swamp Thing on any unoccupied swamp or swamp water space withing 10 spaces of Swamp Thing.

Also, this needs rewording, and I think it should be like stealth dodge:
Plant Matter
When defending against an attack from a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.

Or, if you really want to:

Plant Matter
Swamp Thing cannot be targeted by an attack from a non-adjacent figure.
I'm a fan of classic Swamp Thing (as a kid, I had the first few issues) and I've also read a compilation of what Alan Moore did in the 80s. Swamp Thing is tremedously strong. In the comics, he's always pulling his punches so he doesn't outright kill people (even Batman!) in one punch. I wanted him to be able to do a lot of damage (I even thought about upping his attack to 9) but only to one figure at a time.

For the unlimited movement range on THE GREEN, I got that from Alan Moore's run where he can travel around the world and to other planets through The Green.

As for my wording on Plant Matter, I wanted him to not be affected by normal bullets or arrows but still be affected by special attacks. I thought about the "not able to be targeted" wording but I wanted him to still be targeted for special attacks.

I hope that explains what I was thinking and thanks for all the suggestions!
Ok I get your directive now. But still, 8 attack can easily kill someone in 1 hit. Maybe 7. As for Plant Matter, if you don't want special attacks, jut take my second wording and add "When Swamp Thing is defending against A NORMAL ATTACK from a non-adjacent..." That should fix it. Oh, and I favor hte first bit of art too.

EDIT: I have a feeling he'll be really powerful. 7-8 attack, traversing the whole map instantly, he's a bomb! My estimation right now is sitting at 400 points.

Old August 13th, 2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks! Also, is the mini actually a Medium 6?

Quote:
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:11 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Since Plant Matter is essentially Thorian Speed, shouldn't it just use the same wording?
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Thanks! Also, is the mini actually a Medium 6?
No he's 5. And I can't believe I didn't think of thorian Speed before.

EDIT: Oh, and if you would be so kind as to add the art to the first post I would greatly appreciate it.

Old August 13th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Great card, Quozl.

I like his base stats. Eight attack seems pretty solid for Swamp Thing. It'll put him on even ground with Grundy and I like that. I do think that Swamp Lurk and Regenerate are too powerful of a combination. If your Swamp Thing is injured, you can "move" to the other side of the battlefield and regenerate. By the time your opponent made his way over to you, if you weren't full health, you can pop back over to the other side of the battlefield and continue regenerating. For this reason alone, I would consider putting a cap on the movement.

PLANT MATTER
When attacked with a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, all damage is automatically blocked.

For Plant Matter, the wording really doesn't feel official. How about:

When defending against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, you may add 2 automatic skulls to whatever is rolled.

This way, someone who's normal attack represents a gun or bow would be blocked 90% of the time, but someone like Galactus who might have a ranged normal attack or 10 could still hurt him.

Other than that, I somewhat expected a Swamp Strength type ability, but it certainly isn't necessary. Overall, great job, Quozl.
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Great card, Quozl.

I like his base stats. Eight attack seems pretty solid for Swamp Thing. It'll put him on even ground with Grundy and I like that. I do think that Swamp Lurk and Regenerate are too powerful of a combination. If your Swamp Thing is injured, you can "move" to the other side of the battlefield and regenerate. By the time your opponent made his way over to you, if you weren't full health, you can pop back over to the other side of the battlefield and continue regenerating. For this reason alone, I would consider putting a cap on the movement.

PLANT MATTER
When attacked with a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, all damage is automatically blocked.

For Plant Matter, the wording really doesn't feel official. How about:

When defending against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, you may add 2 automatic skulls to whatever is rolled.

This way, someone who's normal attack represents a gun or bow would be blocked 90% of the time, but someone like Galactus who might have a ranged normal attack or 10 could still hurt him.

Other than that, I somewhat expected a Swamp Strength type ability, but it certainly isn't necessary. Overall, great job, Quozl.
What happened to Thorian Speed wording for Plant Matter?
PLANT MATTER
Opponents' figures must be adjacent to Swamp Thing to attack him with a normal attack.

And I didn't even see Regenerate! Going with what Balantai said, ewith Regenerate I see him easily at 450-500 points. Don't you think that's a little much?

As mentioned before, I'd cap The Green at 10 and replace Regenerate with some sort of Swamp Strength ability.

Old August 13th, 2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Thanks! With the three powers so short, a fourth power could be added giving him Swamp Strength. I just thought the other three powers were more important but I wouldn't mind adding a fourth power if others are for it.

EDIT: I also changed The Green so he no longer has an unlimited movement range. Swamp Thing may now move up to 12 spaces away.

Quote:
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Hmm... not a bad design, but, yeah, too powerful between the movement and regeneration. I'd either put a cap on the movement (ten, maybe twelve spaces?) or some sort of restriction on regeneration (only on turns where he hasn't moved, or hasn't used The Green?).

His stats seem solid; high attack, which is fitting (wouldn't hurt to bring it to 7, but 8's a good choice, too). Low defense/high life. Not sure what Plant Matter is about, though... what's the argument for it, as an ability?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library