Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:45 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Re: Jungle Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay

Here's the plan: Cut the packaging down to a simple box with no window (saves a bunch of $), and put the following components in the box: 2 Trees, 2 Brush, and around 20 swamp/jungle-themed hex tiles (1, 2, 3, and 7-hex). At the same time, we're also looking at a desert terrain pack, containing rock formations (using the ice molds), with 5 rocks and a similar amount of sand/rock-themed terrain. Both of these would sell for $20, and would be sold in hobby stores.

Both of these will be a big test for how well future terrain packs will do. We're working on a plan that will put brand new terrain features (graves, statues, columns, walls, whatever else we can come up with) out in similar packs for 2009. Look for another thread some point soon to discuss desired new terrain features.
Sir, not only did I just scream with excitement, I well. Thank you, thank you very much. This is exactally what I wanted to see! This is how I would love to buy my terrain. The great thing about this is that other miniature games can use this same terrain bundles. Battletech to name just one.. but there are others. You will make a mint off this, and you will make one Bad_Calvin very very very happy.

Now if you could do this same thing with the common units.. you got yourself a winner.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Here's the plan: Cut the packaging down to a simple box with no window (saves a bunch of $), and put the following components in the box: 2 Trees, 2 Brush, and around 20 swamp/jungle-themed hex tiles (1, 2, 3, and 7-hex). At the same time, we're also looking at a desert terrain pack, containing rock formations (using the ice molds), with 5 rocks and a similar amount of sand/rock-themed terrain. Both of these would sell for $20, and would be sold in hobby stores.

Both of these will be a big test for how well future terrain packs will do. We're working on a plan that will put brand new terrain features (graves, statues, columns, walls, whatever else we can come up with) out in similar packs for 2009. Look for another thread some point soon to discuss desired new terrain features.
That sounds really great! Since it's supposed to be the "battle of all time" I would like to see some modern and future terrain too.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
I'm happy about Wizards being in control of production and distribution, I just hope they do us right in the design of Heroscape. Long live Heroscape!

Is there any news on when Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle will be released?
This is a tricky one. As you know, the Jungle set was delayed for a number of reasons, including having to go back and rebuild a couple of the components from scratch. The downside of this is that, with the changes, we'd lose money if we produced this set. And that's not good for our long-term survival.

So, we've taken a step back, and looked for other ways that we can put trees into your hands. Our leading contender is something that solves two problems in one fell swoop. It'll give you the trees you want, and it gives the hobby stores the ability to sell terrain to people (they can't easily carry the master set because they can't make enough money on it).

YESS!!!!!! I've been wanting terrain packs, and these sound just about perfect!!!! I would love to see the grave pieces for my zombie scenarios!!!

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
I'm happy about Wizards being in control of production and distribution, I just hope they do us right in the design of Heroscape. Long live Heroscape!

Is there any news on when Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle will be released?
This is a tricky one. As you know, the Jungle set was delayed for a number of reasons, including having to go back and rebuild a couple of the components from scratch.
No... we DIDN'T know this. Thanks for the information!! (We were running around with all kinds of speculation, ranging from End of the World to too many factories making Transformers instead.)

Quote:

All of this sounds excellent. I would certainly buy lots of both of the proposals you list, assuming I could find them ONLINE (I have no hobby stores within easy driving distance).

But you didn't answer the question about Aquilla's Alliance...

(I want Zetacron...)

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg
Sherman, He said they will continue to produce the old waves and it will be based more on demand for a particular product rather than random production. - See front page article.
I've read the front page article three times now, so maybe my reading comprehension is down today, but I'm not seeing any explicit confirmation that old product will not go out of print. Could I get a quote of what you're referencing?
My bad, it was in another thread.

This is what wotcpbarclay posted:

Well, we've got more Wave 7 coming into the country in mid-April, so you should see a whole lot more of that on shelf soon after that. It's been so hard to find because not much was made initially - we're fixing that problem. As for the other waves, we don't just want to reprint waves at random (otherwise we might end up with another Nakita-like problem, which would not be good). So, we're going to be asking you guys which waves/boosters/squads you're most desperate to get your hands on.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
Quote:

That sounds really great! Since it's supposed to be the "battle of all time" I would like to see some modern and future terrain too.
I love that idea, too. I'm not big on terrain. For me, this means I can buy 3 sets of spiders without have to buy 3 sets of terrain. One or 2 sets of terrain would be enough for me.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
And I have a Masterset question. Have we seen the end of Rise of the Valkyrie, with Swarm of the Marrow replacing it? I ask because many of us (not all) feel that Rise of the Valkyrie is by far the superior master set.
This is a good question...I know that Craig had said at one time that the profit margin on ROTV was slim...part of the reason they changed the dice, packaging, and water tiles.

Walmart does not have the Master Set as part of the spring reset of the toy department either.

Is the Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set being phased out?
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarkypants
I love that idea, too. I'm not big on terrain. For me, this means I can buy 3 sets of spiders without have to buy 3 sets of terrain. One or 2 sets of terrain would be enough for me.
Same for me. I really like the look and idea behind the spiders- I think I would probably pick up 3-4 squads of them, but I don't think I'd want more than 1-2 jungle sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

wotcpbarclay wrote:
Quote:
Does this mean that you are not planning to include terrain-specific squads, such as the spiders? This would serve to sell more terrain to BattleTech players that don't want plastic spiders. I, for one, like the terrain-specific squads that came inside the expansions, but many here don't, being focused on tournaments.

EDIT: Just realized that the spiders weren't really terrain-specific, just included...so let's say Dzu-Teh instead?

Quote:
This idea has been a long time in coming and I look forward to it!

You will be asked about Pirates/ ships and naval rules soon...heck, I'll ask...what about 'em?
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman
You will be asked about Pirates/ ships and naval rules soon...heck, I'll ask...what about 'em?
I, too, wish to know. I think vehicles and such would be a neat addition; like the war elephants which were discussed earlier.

Dryden has disabled reputation
Please say you'll do a boat vehicle/terrain pack with original sparkly water tiles ... please say you'll do a boat vehicle/terrain pack with original sparkly water tiles ... please say you'll do a boat vehicle/terrain pack with original sparkly water tiles.
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
Quote:
Quote:

This is a tricky one. As you know, the Jungle set was delayed for a number of reasons, including having to go back and rebuild a couple of the components from scratch.
No... we DIDN'T know this. Thanks for the information!! (We were running around with all kinds of speculation, ranging from End of the World to too many factories making Transformers instead.)

Quote:

All of this sounds excellent. I would certainly buy lots of both of the proposals you list, assuming I could find them ONLINE (I have no hobby stores within easy driving distance).

But you didn't answer the question about Aquilla's Alliance...

(I want Zetacron...)
Yeah -- what he said -- what about Aquilla's Alliance?

Oh and I like the terrain idea.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News