Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 25th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
On Saturday night, Dnutt99 faced off against me using the Warriors and Sir Gilbert.
I thought it a great pairing as Gilbert had the heady life and defense to match as well as the movement boost for the Warriors.

Ack, a truly memorable moment was experiencing a highlander who struck my Taelord with 7 attack dice - (Gilbert had three wounds), plus 1 for height and one more for adjacency to his Champion!
Oy vey, poor Tae!

I'm definitely trying the Gilbert/MacDirk Warriors line-up someday!
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of MacDirk Warriors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcturusII
It's really strange that these guys are at their most effective when their leader RUNS AWAY from battle after getting wounded.
He does NOT run away. He falls, wounded for honor, dragging himself back while cheering his laddies on. His trail is blood-streaked as his life ebbs from his body, giving strength to his loyal men.
Most of the time I have him hiding in a corner slitting his wrists.

And I thought Deathwalker 7000 was emo.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; July 8th, 2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:02 AM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

I cannot be the only one who ever noticed this. The wording for "HIGHLAND FURY" includes the phrase "There can be only one...".

But the usual, thematic choice for that "one" is a guy who looks like Sir William Wallace, not Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod.

I love this game.

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:35 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So even though the MacDirk Warriors may only choose one Human Champion for their Highland Fury power, they may still bond with any champion you control, correct?
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:57 PM

Heroic Monkey is surprisingly tart

You are correct, Soul Shackle. The bonding power says "any Human Champion you control."
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

That's why I often bonded with Alastair, but got to move Eldgrim.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 03:40 AM

sachsen Woo who?

Well, after several prior attempts, I finally got Alastair and the MacDirks to work well tonight. I sent Alastair out, got five wounds on him, and retreated to safety. I then sent out MacDirks who were hitting with 7 --- 8 with height! --- who took out Sonlen, several Einar Imperium, etc. After the Warriors were all dead, I healed Alastair with Kelda and sent him out for another round. Great fun!
Old August 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

Can this hold up competitively, with Zelrig lurking about? Unless you have height (a no-glyph tournament is my dilemma) they're toasted with a single skull. Of course, not everyone will draft the big dragon, but there's always that planning to do.

It looks like Alastair is the choice if you want to build your warriors' strength quickly, and Sir Gilbert the best one if you want to keep them clustered around him for the extra attack boost. Of course, this just makes them more vulnerable to splash attacks. Decisions, decisions...
Using Gilbert, you can make good use of the Sentinels and Knights of Weston with Jandar's Dispatch, or even Omnicron Snipers if you need the range. I've been wanting to put the MacDirks to better use as of late. Might they work well with anything from Wave 8 or Aquilla's Alliance?
Old October 5th, 2008, 11:18 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubianWolf88 View Post
I cannot be the only one who ever noticed this. The wording for "HIGHLAND FURY" includes the phrase "There can be only one..."
I think he means this as a nod to the filf Highlander where Imortalls battle and "in the end, there can be only one."
Old October 5th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
Can this hold up competitively, with Zelrig lurking about? ....Might they work well with anything from Wave 8 or Aquilla's Alliance?
You know, ironically, Zelrig might just work well enough with these guys. If you send Zelrig out, scare your opponent out of their starting zone and break apart their clusters, then you can use the Macdirks to chase 'em all down and clean house. If you used Sir Gilbert as your hero of choice, then you can get an even faster moving set of Warriors on the prowl.

I don't know how it would fare competitively, but it sure would be fun to play. I may have to give this a go and see how it does.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

I played with them and Alastair and got slaughtered. I thought Scots were warrior poets but apparently not these Scots.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old October 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe they are warrior poets, only without the "warrior" part of it. That'd make more sense.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units