Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 29th, 2011, 02:47 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Dignan's Customs - New Unit 9/28/23

Update 9/28/23

One of the Patreon Studios I subscribe to came out with a great dwarven bannerman sculpt. As soon as I saw it, I had to make a custom unit for it. I don't have an Aquilla flag bearer, so I thought he would fit the bill. In the games we've tested him in so far, he has been very unique and powerful. I may have to dial him back a little. Each game I find that his ability has a new trick up its sleeve. Its definitely fun to play with.

The mini is from Artisan Guild. They did a great job with the sculpt. I had to print it at 90% as it is a little too large for Heroscape scale as is.
https://www.myminifactory.com/object...adar-ii-292541

Unit: Balin Heartsong

Unit: Zatoichi

Unit: Oakheart

Unit: Bones Jones

Unit: Bolverk
Date Uploaded: 4/14/13

Unit: Fenruk
Date Uploaded: 3/31/13

Unit: Guile
Date Uploaded: 1/8/12

Unit: Shield
Date Uploaded: 9/4/11

Unit: Dolin-san
Date Uploaded: 08/21/11

Unit: Sir Vincent
Date Uploaded: 06/05/11

Unit: Slag
Date Uploaded: 05/29/11

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; March 31st, 2024 at 08:58 PM.
Old May 29th, 2011, 02:54 PM

The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker
Re: Dignan's Customs

I like him, but I think that with the Regenerate it might make him to powerful. The Feral Troll has it but he only has one defense Slag has four so it might be hard to deal more than one wound.

The Champion of Weston is Sir Denrick...
in the DIAMOND CAVE...
Old May 29th, 2011, 02:59 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champion of Weston View Post
I like him, but I think that with the Regenerate it might make him to powerful. The Feral Troll has it but he only has one defense Slag has four so it might be hard to deal more than one wound.
Yeah, he can be tough to handle if you only attack him once a round. I've seen him knocked out pretty quickly with combined squad firepower. He's only been able to make his points back when he is able to engage heroes. With squads, he typically hasn't been able to kill enough of them before finally being brought down.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old May 29th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like Slag a lot.

He has three powers, but they're all familiar and I have a hunch he's pretty close to balanced at 210. Definitely not overpowered there, and maybe he belongs in the 190 - 200 range.

I think the game could use another couple relatively straightforward heavy hitters, and he fits the bill.

How big is the mini, Dignan? How has he worked out in play?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
How big is the mini, Dignan?
He's almost exactly the same height as Jotun. He's a little more husky, but he takes up the same space. On thing to note, while he fits easily on a double base, his club sticks out in front of him (very similar to certain stinger sculpts and the ogre pulverizer). This can prevent him from getting into tight areas. Overall, as a mini, I think he fits in well with the existing Heroscape line.

Quote:
How has he worked out in play?
We've been pretty happy with how he has playtested. He really eats up any of the medium sized 100-150 point heroes that he can grab. We haven't seen him have a really great game where he racks up a ton of points, but he usually can take down around 150-200 points consistently.

As with most of the huge walking melee guys, massed ranged shots at him take him down pretty easily. If you can only get a shot or two at him a round, he'll eat you alive with regeneration. But as soon as you get a round or two with 3-4 shots on him, he usually doesn't last too long.

He could likely cost less points (and I might bring him down after more testing). I'm always try to error on the conservative side with customs.

Old May 29th, 2011, 04:50 PM

The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker

I can see your point about the squad trouble. Once you swarm him he probably isn't as hard as I think it is to take him out. Overall though I really like him, when are you gonna post more of your customs.

The Champion of Weston is Sir Denrick...
in the DIAMOND CAVE...
Old May 29th, 2011, 05:00 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like it ! A simple strong heavy hitter, frightening but not too strong !
According to Mathguy's matchup calculator, he beats Jotun, but is still beaten by Krug.

Quote:
I think the game could use another couple relatively straightforward heavy hitters, and he fits the bill.
I agree !

Ymir by dok is another good example in the same style.
It's interesting to compare Ymir's Great Axe and Slag's Reach.
Slag can hit a 2 spaces away, 4 levels below Jotun.
Ymir can hit a 2 spaces away, 13 levels below Jotun.
Ymir's ability seems more "logical", but is more difficult to handle.

In a totally different style, have you take a look at Orogoth, my "big hitter" custom ? The link is in my signature.
Old May 29th, 2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Overall though I really like him, when are you gonna post more of your customs.
I'll try to post about one a week or so. Depending on how tricky or unique the figure is I'm working on, it may take longer or shorter for me to feel comfortable with the balance on it. I've got a handful of guys that are just about ready, so I should have them up here in short order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
In a totally different style, have you take a look at Orogoth, my "big hitter" custom ? The link is in my signature.
Orogoth is a really cool figure you've cooked up. Obviously, he's a little more complex than Slag, but he's very unique and "themey". Cool stuff!

Old May 29th, 2011, 05:45 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
He has three powers, but they're all familiar and I have a hunch he's pretty close to balanced at 210. Definitely not overpowered there, and maybe he belongs in the 190 - 200 range.
I agree. That 210 price point is the key. Nice work Dignan.

-insert signature here-
Old May 29th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

It looks great, and looks like it would be fun to play. Just one error I saw- it says Utgar underneath the cards name, but it has Ullar colors.
Old May 29th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Nickydude Woo who?

Great job on the card.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own..."
Old May 29th, 2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
It looks great, and looks like it would be fun to play. Just one error I saw- it says Utgar underneath the cards name, but it has Ullar colors.
Gah! Thanks for the catch. I'll fix that real quick.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards