Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 21st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Mini Photo Depository

Griffin is right. It would be very difficult to cut those figures out of the background in Photoshop, and even if we managed, the figure itself is too dark.

Maybe we should find A3n's post about how to take pictures, and link to it in the first post of this thread?
Old April 21st, 2010, 05:51 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

If you find it, I will link it.
Old April 21st, 2010, 05:56 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I have no idea where it is.

A3n.....?
Old April 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I grabbed a handful of figures and took a shot of each before work. No idea how they came out since I didn't have time to put them on the computer. Plus the weather has been rainy and overcast for the past two days.ill post what I took when I get home from work.
Old April 21st, 2010, 06:06 PM

Here's one of his posts I found, but there might be a more detailed one. This one should get people started though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

Bases make no difference I crop them out anyway, just a camera with macro setting, sunlight, single colour background (preferably white unless the figure has a lot of white in which case green or light blue are good), no flash, & a steady hand. Be mindful that the space the picture is going in is vertical so wide figures probably should be turned more to the side. Position the figure so the sunlight is on oneside & slightly to the front & your background extends around to the opposite side so the light bounces back.

EDIT: When I said the bases make no difference I crop them out - I still need the feet, flames, bike, tornado or whatever is the base of the character in the shot.
And here's his diagram showing the position of the lighting and camera:

Last edited by GreyOwl; April 24th, 2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old April 21st, 2010, 06:12 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I will wait until he finds his way here, and let him do a brief tutorial.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 03:47 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

BATLANTERN
Spoiler Alert!

BISHOP
Spoiler Alert!

DOMINO
Spoiler Alert!

GAMBIT
Spoiler Alert!

GHOST RIDER: DANIEL KETCH
Spoiler Alert!

HAWKEYE
Spoiler Alert!

MR. FREEZE
Spoiler Alert!

NIGHTCRAWLER: BAMF FIGURE MOD
Spoiler Alert!

SHOCKER
Spoiler Alert!

SPIDER-MAN: BLACK
Spoiler Alert!

WAR MACHINE
Spoiler Alert!

If you would like to use any of the pics and they still have the background in them let me know and I'll clean up the image.

Last edited by Adam Souza; May 14th, 2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 04:17 PM

Adam, that repaint is pretty cool, however, we will not be using figures that require any repainting. Thanks for sharing though, it really does look smashing.
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:25 PM

Griffin, about 3 posts up, I edited my post with information from A3n on how to take photos, as well as a diagram on how to position the lighting and camera (thanks to mrcrimson for finding that).
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:56 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

AQUAMAN
Spoiler Alert!

BLACK MASK
Spoiler Alert!

GREEN LANTERN (KYLE RAYNER)
Spoiler Alert!

HARLEY QUINN (GUN)
Spoiler Alert!

HUSH
Spoiler Alert!

ROBIN (TIM DRAKE STAFF)
Spoiler Alert!

ROBIN (ALL RED TIM COSTUME)
Spoiler Alert!

NIGHTCRAWLER
Spoiler Alert!

NIGHTWING
Spoiler Alert!

HUNTRESS
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by mrcrimson; April 26th, 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: more pics :)
Old April 24th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice pics. Is there a Huntress we can use there, guys?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

ANTI-MONITOR

Posted as much so people can see the rebasing job as anything, but there might be one usable picture here ...

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy