Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old May 19th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No Gencon Exclusive in 2009

Here is a place to discuss this.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: No Gencon Exclusive in 2009

Sad day. Thanks for letting us all know, .
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Doesn't Wizards have enough money for all their Magic stuff? This makes it seem like they don't care that much....

I hope I'm wrong, though...
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

To me, it isn't much of a big deal since I don't have any other exclusive figs, but still it kinda seems like they don't care. Grunge, can you tell us why exactly they aren't making one this year?
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:18 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Grunge, can you tell us why exactly they aren't making one this year?
The front page says because of budget cuts.
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:27 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

hmmm, and I was looking forward to supplying a new repainted exclusive for members of this forum. Oh well . . .
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM

KevinWC Woo who?

I have never been to Gencon, but from what I have heard the exclusives are what draw many of the scapers. Without the money from selling exclusives, many of our number can't afford the trip...

I hope WotC wakes up and realizes that Heroscape needs some attention. I don't understand how a game as good as Heroscape has not been on the priority list of either of its owning companies.

A KC Heroscaper who is Not in Kansas Anymore...
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As I don't have any of the gencon exclusives, and am not going to gencon this year anyway, I don't mind.
On the other hand, this could be taken as a sign that heroscape is not all that important to WOTC.
I really do hope its due to budget concerns and not because its deemed not important to WOTC. I'm sure the gloom and doomers will use this as a sign of the end of 'scape. I'm not in that camp mind you.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:40 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

We're getting two waves this year so far (Wave 1 reprint and Wave 9) and people are going to start whining about Wizards not caring because they're not going to produce a FREE promo that a majority of scapers won't get, and the minority who DO get it take advantage of what they received freely and sell it for $50+?

Wow. Talk about entitlement. WOTC certainly doesn't OWE us a promo figure each year. Especially since a fig, even repainted, is more expensive than promo cards.

It's just icing on the cake. It was nice while they did it, and I for one am grateful they canceled the free promo instead of Wave 9, or the Wave 1 reprint.

The decision to tell us all so far in advance, plus the fact they are reprinting waves and having the foresight to realize that giving a way a free figure would jeopardize the budget and thus the future of the product... I would say this shows Wizards cares a great deal.

I have two humble suggestions for WOTC:

1) If there was playtesting done for an exclusive figure, why not release a card with a pic of a repainted sculpt on it, free to download, during Gencon? This could boost sales of old stock, give fans a new figure, and be of minimal cost. However, if there is still the matter of design and playtesting for this figure, it may not be worth the expense in labor to do this.

2) Produce the figure, but instead of giving it away free, sell it direct on eBay for $50 a figure. After you sell 100 that way, start putting 5 or so at a time up for auction and let the market determine the price. This way it can be a net gain and not a net loss.

The latter idea is not so serious... or is it?

Last edited by RageAngel; May 19th, 2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:51 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

THE SKY IS FALLING! IT'S THE END OF HEROSCAPE! HIDE YOUR CHILDREN! SHAVE YOUR HEADS!

Huh? What? Just the exclusive? Oh, never mind then. Carry on.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageAngel View Post
We're getting two waves this year so far (Wave 1 reprint and Wave 9) and people are going to start whining about Wizards not caring because they're not going to produce a FREE promo that a majority of scapers won't get, and the minority who DO get it take advantage of what they received freely and sell it for $50+?

Wow. Talk about entitlement. WOTC certainly doesn't OWE us a promo figure each year. Especially since a fig, even repainted, is more expensive than promo cards.

It's just icing on the cake. It was nice while they did it, and I for one am grateful they canceled the free promo instead of Wave 9, or the Wave 1 reprint.
I do agree with you on some of this. I am glad that of all things to get cancelled, it was the promo, and not wave 9 or 1.
However, no one is whinning, not yet anyhow. I'd say its more of a dissapointment.
As far as the people selling their promos goes, I say don't blame them, blame the buyers. If we stop paying the ridiculous amounts on e-bay, then the sellers will be forced to lower their price. I hate the fact that someone with lots of disposable cash, or no common sense, or parents with disposable cash/no common sense, go on ebay and drive the price of these things up. However, its not the sellers fault.
I've never sold anything on ebay, and have only bought a few things, I prefer to trade. So if we stop paying the high amounts, then the price comes down, or you'll find folks more willing to trade.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I hate the fact that someone with lots of disposable cash, or no common sense, or parents with disposable cash/no common sense, go on ebay and drive the price of these things up. However, its not the sellers fault.
Isn't that the rational for dealing drugs?

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News