Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old December 20th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Washington/Oregon

I’ll be keeping an eye here as well. I’ve got a Brother in law in Kennewick, WA which is a pretty reasonable drive to either Seattle or Portland area for heroscape..so I could spend a weekend with him and go to a tourney as long as it started in the morning around 10 or 11 am so we still had time to drive back in the evening. When are you guys thinking of doing the next tourney? I know @Nomad does them fairly regularly. Maybe you could set up regular Monthlies somewhere Portland area since that seems pretty central to most I’d imagine? Anyway, do what works for y’all, just letting you know imma try to come to some of these this year on 2020. See if I can’t make my round sit the tourney scenes over your direction.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; December 20th, 2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old December 20th, 2019, 03:06 PM

Meerca is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I’ll be keeping an eye here as well. I’ve got a Brother in law in Kennewick, WA which is a pretty reasonable drive to either Seattle or Portland area for heroscape..so I could spend a weekend with him and go to a tourney as long as it started in the morning around 10 or 11 am so we still had time to drive back in the evening. When are you guys thinking of doing the next tourney? I know Nomad does them fairly regularly. Maybe you could set up regular Monthlies somewhere Portland area since that seems pretty central to most I’d imagine? Anyway, do what works for y’all, just letting you know imma try to come to some of these this year on 2020. See if I can’t make my round sit the tourney scenes over your direction.
For Portland

Guardian Games seems like the perfect spot for a central Portland location to play Heroscape. Its one of the biggest/most established game stores in Portland/Vancouver and they have a general area which is free and you can make reservations for up to 8-12 people. They have lots of snacks and a 21+ bar area too (probably cant bring drinks into the general area though)
Old December 20th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Reservations would need to be for several tables for maps to be built on which can be hard to reserve at Guardian on any day as they are always very busy. That's why we often play at someone's place when they have room. Not saying it can't happen but it'd take some planning and willingness to transport and/or build maps.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 20th, 2019, 04:50 PM

Meerca is surprisingly tart

Okay, that's good to know
Old December 20th, 2019, 05:39 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Reservations would need to be for several tables for maps to be built on which can be hard to reserve at Guardian on any day as they are always very busy. That's why we often play at someone's place when they have room. Not saying it can't happen but it'd take some planning and willingness to transport and/or build maps.
I have no problem helping out with maps. I usually run tournaments myself in idaho building anywhere from 6-8 maps with my own collection. And I prebuild them, so they're quick setup once we're at the gamestore.

I'll help out any way I can...just keep me posted on what you guys decide to do. Heck, when we were starting the Utah monthlies (and Idaho monthlies now) we tried a couple different locations over the course of a few months in order to see what people liked, who had room and what worked well for our group. Personally, I really like doing tourneys at a gamestore where we can be visible to foot traffic (helps get the word out to those gamers in the woodwork)...and it's just a fun environment to be in. That said, there is also a definite draw to a more casual setting at someone's house, though that can also be pretty stressful on the wife/family depending on how many people come. I'm pretty sure the OR and WA crews are actually pretty active are you not? Nomad runs tournaments like every Quarter and gets a solid group right?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 20th, 2019, 06:15 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

It can happen, just may be harder to get it at a game store. I think we had an event at Guardian a few years ago. I know one of the shops up in Seattle that we ran a tourney six or so years ago wouldn’t let us do it again because there’s no brand new product to sell for the game.

Last edited by robbdaman; December 20th, 2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old December 20th, 2019, 06:49 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We have run a few tournaments at Guardian Games. They have hosted well and we have always had a great time. My brother, Longy418, and I have built and transported the maps. Yes - reservations are required. We are happy to set up more tournaments there. My brother's house in Battle Ground (30 minutes north of Portland) has hosted numerous events over the year's as well. It has been close to a year since I have hosted a large-open event in Everett ... maybe soon.
Old December 22nd, 2019, 05:24 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm certainly up for an event and have ample terrain. Definitely put me down to help transport and build maps. Depending on the timing we may be able to use Capitol City Theater again, but Salem is certainly not as central for Washington folks.
Old December 31st, 2019, 12:42 AM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

I might come out of retirement and try to make a tournament this coming year if we can get something set up in Portland,Battle Ground or Everett. 😎

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5
Old December 31st, 2019, 11:41 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm in for Portland or Battle Ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 31st, 2019, 12:10 PM

If we can get @Longy418 to host a day at his place I'll be there or if we can get Guardian scheduled in. Given the weather it may be harder in Battleground unless Derek's shop can be used. I'm in either way for a regular or supers scape day.

Old December 31st, 2019, 01:25 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

Washington stuff is always harder for me, but depending on date/attendance/event things might be easier.

~Dysole, aware that what's easiest for her is in direct opposition to what's easiest for the Washington folks

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers