Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 10th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Got in some Saturday gaming. Two games of Dead of Winter. In the first, a lot of tooth rolls by the guy who hadn't played before tanked the colony. In the second, I was the traitor, and we exiled another player on turn one (a third player suggested we do so, so I figured, why not?). But we still just had too many mouths to feed and the colony ran out of morale before I got everything I needed to win as a traitor.

Then four games of Coup, which is quick and fun, followed by a game of Sheriff of Nottingham, which I liked. Lots of "lying" games and lots of beer!
Liar liar pants on fire.
Big fan of coup, a buddy of mine brings it to class with him, so we play whenever we have time in between. People will walk up and join whenever, sometimes we have 6 people, sometimes 2, really fun.
Old May 10th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
In the second, I was the traitor, and we exiled another player on turn one (a third player suggested we do so, so I figured, why not?). But we still just had too many mouths to feed and the colony ran out of morale before I got everything I needed to win as a traitor.
Thus answering your own question.

We finally broke out Quarriors yesterday, which I'd acquired in a trade a few weeks ago. It was a big hit; KidScaper asked to play it a second & then a third time, which is high praise from him.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 10th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Last two days spent at the game shop. Friday was X-Wing, Imperial Assault, Sheriff of Nottingham, manyx Force of Will CCG (Cat_Scaper's new favorite), and Panamax. Saturday RD1: I was finally able to find a group for Legos of Bleakewoode to play Star Wars Edge of the Empire RPG with so we rolled up some characters and hit the stars. Are group resembles the Millennium Falcon crew, led by Rem Starseeker the Smuggler with now Coercion or Negotiation skills, Gurei-Ornery the one eyed Wookie (original I know), B3-P0 "Beepo" the Non-Lethal Assassin, and a late arriving can't remember his species (Darth Maul whatever he is) pre-generated character. We had a blast and the afternoon flew by. RD2: After dinner at the Japanese steakhouse, back to the store for some Force of Will with Cat_Scaper. Normally I would be there today also, but Mother's Day takes precedence for good reason, because again normally I would be at the store three days in a row playing games.
Old May 10th, 2015, 12:51 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

My group of guys played Coup (my first time; great quick game*), Dejarik, Sharp Shooters, Space Cadets: Dice Duels, and The Resistence. At one point, we had 10 people (the 1 game of Space Cadets we played).

*Really enjoyed Coup. My friends tried to call me out 3 separate times and each time I had the card so I won my first game, but then they teamed up to assassinate me the second.

Dejarik took longer than normal but it came down to 1v1 in which my friend won out.
Old May 10th, 2015, 01:01 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played in DiceMasters OP yesterday and some Bohnanza with the family.

Finished off the first wave of Imperial Assault minis this week.

Really happy with the way Chewie turned out. Tried to get the dark areas in the facial area that really make it stand out as Chewbaca.

Also, got the first few Myth minis finished.

I really like this Acolyte miniature. It was really fun to paint.

Unfortunately I don't think I captured a real great photo of this guy.

This guys is one of the oddest minis I have painted, but really cool.

The minis are overall pretty cool and makes me a bit more interested in the game. It seems like this is a very divisive game and people either love it or hate.

Last edited by Jormi_Boced; May 10th, 2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old May 11th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Great paint jobs as usual Jormi

Tonight I played:

NOIR: Deductive Mystery Game

Eight-Minute Empire

Concordia

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 12th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Most recently I got in a few games of Castle Panic (which I think is just okay), King of Tokyo and Last Night on Earth (which I still love).
Old May 12th, 2015, 01:27 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks Hahma!

Got a chance to play more Imperial Assault last night. The dirty rebels got some saboteurs.
Old May 12th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Most recently I got in a few games of Castle Panic (which I think is just okay), King of Tokyo and Last Night on Earth (which I still love).
Have you tried Castle Panic with the the expansions? They make it a little tougher to win, but add some tougher monsters, cool cards, new effects.

The Wizard's Tower expansion replaces a normal tower with a wizard tower. So long as the tower remains standing, you can draw Wizard Spell cards on your Discard and Draw step. Also adds fire, and monsters with 4 and 5 hit points, as well as new cards.

The Titan Expansion (I think that's the name) adds some more cool cards, a Cavalier (who's bada$$, by the way), and an 8-hit point monster with 5 levels of difficulty to it.

We beat regular CP enough that we only play with the expansions (and usually use everything without discarding any monster tokens as the rules for the expansion(s) suggests) and have a great time doing so. Makes it more enjoyable, in my opinion.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 13th, 2015, 07:34 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well between Jormi's pics and Sorastros Imperial Assualt painting tutorials Ive decided to jump into minis painting. Ive tried before using cheap walmart paints and while things came out ok it was kind of pain to work with. So I planned on only picking up a few citadel paints just to try out but after talking to one of the employees I walked out with 12 pots and have plans to go back for more next pay day. Now to start work on the Imperial side.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old May 13th, 2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Well between Jormi's pics and Sorastros Imperial Assualt painting tutorials Ive decided to jump into minis painting. Ive tried before using cheap walmart paints and while things came out ok it was kind of pain to work with. So I planned on only picking up a few citadel paints just to try out but after talking to one of the employees I walked out with 12 pots and have plans to go back for more next pay day. Now to start work on the Imperial side.
Welcome to the dark side Looking forward to pics.
Old May 13th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
after talking to one of the employees
will often lead to
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj
I walked out with 12 pots and have plans to go back for more next pay day.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games