Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Relenz' Custom Corner

He seems kinda wimpy even for a 45 point uncommon. I guess he'd rock in a glad/blast army though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 07:03 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

Exactly. And here's another addition:

Old February 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

I redid the card for the Lunar Avenger; I felt kinda' bad it was such a mess. I gave him the option to gain Whirlwind Assault, and bumped his defense down to 2, to make him more like I originally envisioned. In a futher resemblance to Magic card, welcome the first Heroscape card with reminder text! lol
Old December 15th, 2013, 11:47 PM

Alright, so I haven't posted here in a long time (during which interim HS sorta' died--guess my signature is outdated) but that doesn't mean I've stopped making customs! Oooohh noo....
I am embarking on a quest to paint all my Decent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition minis. I've only got some, as you'll see below, but there's many more acquired figures scattered below. I will try to upload them all. I've switched to Magic Set Editor to speed up card creation, so there are less custom graphics on cards and more---cards.

This is a Yugioh figure. We're big Duel Monsters fans here. As you can tell, the Buster Blader's thing is fighting dragons.

This guy...is stupid. We got a Heroclix figure of him in a grab bag, and I looked him up on Wikipedia. Didn't like him. Possibly, someone will actually play with him someday. My apologies to all Elongated Man otaku.

Ah, the great Dark Magician! Oh wait--you were probably waiting for THIS too:

Originally I didn't have him flying, but my friend convinced him that I ought to give it to him since he levitates around all the time in the show. Also gave him a power from Capsule Monsters, since that was a minis version of the game, so it made perfect sense to me.

Nothing really special about this guy, except that, oddly enough, I couldn't find any images of the Twin Swordsman online. Yugioh fans will recognize that the picture is actually one of the Mystic Swordsman Lvl 5.

Cheating here--made from a smattering of Heroclix figures I didn't know what else to do with. Also fun fact: these Triads are 100% historically inaccurate or your money back.

I had two more wannabe Triads, so they had guns. Problem? I think not. It let me try out poison immunity--a power I'd wanted to give someone for a while.

Ohoh, this guy is so dangerous. One of the coolest figures in descent, and now equally BA in heroscape. Iron Man is currently the biggest name on his list of drowning victims. The figure's only 60 pts though, partially because his Descent base is actually very large--still single-space, but too large to fit in a single-space river. Therefore, he can only drown people in lakes.

Everyone who's looked at this card has already commented how bad the pun is, so don't bother. The figure is Angelus from Heroclix.

Got a Heroclix named Tomoe, had no idea who she was--so off to Wikipedia! And what do I find? She was an awesome, and real, fuedel samurai! Perfect for HS! But I did take an anime picture instead of an ancient monocolor print because it looked color.

Oh, yeah, this one. My friend bugged me until I took one of our duplicate Izuma Samurai and painted the red sash black, and also turned his feet into sandels. Viola. Samurai Jack. Actually a pretty BA use for a repaint, actually. This guy has simply worked out perfectly in play. Even non-Jack fans love him.

These guys are actually sitting on the game table right now, waiting for Tuesday to be unleashed! There we will learn if 'Smell of Dragon blood' can be a game-breaker----because there are six Venoc Vipers also on that table. Waiting to GET MAD.
Oh, yeah, and sorry that Inferno Cone is almost impossible to decipher. I've had to explain it to everyone in person by pointing at the table--I was too lazy to include a diagram, which would have been the right thing to do.

This is another instance of cheating--I had eight random-as-hayseed Star Wars figures that sat in my box for the longest time, until we got Judge 'Joe' Dredd and used his card from CV3. Well, for those of you who don't know 'Criminals roll 1 less defense die against him.' One of my players fell in love with Joe and asked me to make some criminals for him to kill. I took the opportunity to finally create a mine-laying squad so we can get some serious minefields going in this game. I made a mine-laying Deathwalker a long time ago, but it never laid down a significant number of mines. The mechanic was really cool, and I thought it deserved a chance to shine.
Oh, yeah. And I found some random papercraft crates online for another weird mechanic, too. Any papercraft crate will do, really.

These figures are just soo good. I'm talking about the sculpting--when I performed a shadow-wash on the 'air' portion of the Elemental, it suddenly became about 5 times cooler. The card must reflect this awesomeness.

This was another Heroclix I had to Wiki. Some people have made HS cards for Johnny, but they were 200 pts +. I'm not a big enough fan of Johnny Alpha for that. So I took some of his more interesting-looking powers and made a Johnny Alpha that lived up to Relenzo standards of jankeddyness.
FREIND: *takes one look at card* 'the Earth's rotation....Rleeeeen!'
ME: "What? All you have to do is bring a compass and figure out which way east is? It's not that hard!"

The problem with Descent is that it came with many '5-ofs'. For the spiders, this was fine, because I just added them to my existing collection of Fyorlag spiders. At other times, I wanted to utilize all figures. Introducing the 5-squad. It actually doesn't cause any game breaking, so long as you keep it in mind when pricing.

These have been played once, and they made a small child MAD. Why? Because I played them exactly as you're supposed to. A 500-point game on a tourney-sized map. 1 Khosumet, 2 Wolves of Badru, 2 Anubiand Wolves, and Hades Pack. Send out everyone else to die first. Then, in teh final leg of the battle, Hades Pack howls from over the horizon! --Killing a Deathwalker, Grimnak, Realin, the Mad Slasher. FTW.

This guy's not one of my favorites, honestly. I couldn't come up with anything terribly unique for him. But he's there I guess.

OK, I can explain. I swear. My friend HAS an Exodia mini. Therefore he wouldn't be HAPPY unless he made one. We also use it with the Papercraft Obelisks from this website, that you can see I made a descructible object card for in Wave 1. If anyone actually ever manages to summon him, we'll ban him immediately after. With luck, the magic will stay sealed away and that day will never come.

Companion to Dark Magician. She might leave him for Sonlen, though--those two would work WELL together. I have to try that sometime.
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:05 AM

But wait! There's more! Here, Pokemon can even come out to play.

So, you probably saw this coming with me flinging Duel Spirits all over the place. Duel Spirit tribal! Sort of.
In other news, Seto Kyba makes everything he touches look cool.

This is a great dragon figure. We still have no idea where it come from--can't find it on the net anywhere--but it's a beautiful mini and fits neatly onto 4 HS spaces. I'll let you know how his absurdly complicated firebreath works out once we play with him.

This guy's resurrection ability is kind of clever.

Ah, Venosaur. One of the slightly more elegant designs. Generally not very powerful--too slow for a tourney map. But we play on HS maps that span continents. There's one of our players who has won games by clever hiding units in nooks on the battlefield, in little tiny caves, and letting everyone forget about them until the end. If you sit there for a lot of turns and charge up Solarbeam...someday, it's going to happen.

I should point out that I have exactly 150 favorite Pokemon. This whatever-it-is, while not ugly, is not among them.
A note on Pokemon Power level. They are not suited for pitched warefare in general. The show's on a lower power level then real violent entertainment. However, when you have evo-3 pokemon like Venosaur and Blastoise--these are some of the most powerful Pokemon, and thus on a level to compete with real soldiers in my opinion.
This guy's more like a 'normal' Pokemon. His attack is only three because the internet said he had the 'highest attack of any non-legendary basic pokemon'.

You didn't think we had only one Duelist, did you? Yes, there's a Yugioh Abridged joke there. We needed a name for the ability that represented his recklessness.

NOTE: This guy could become EVIL used in conjunction with Joey. Beware. And try it if possible...

Okay, this is one of my favorite cards. In fact, it might not be a stretch to say that, now that I FINALLY HAVE A PIKACHU MINI!!!---he is my favorite HS hero in the entire game.
I've wanted one for so long. And this card is some of my finest work. It looks great, and it also captures Pikachu so well--conveying so much complexity in only a few abilities by making them interact in interesting ways! He doesn't immediately die, but doesn't have more health or defense than a yellow mouse should have. I love this card to death.

I moved Blastoise's attack up to four after one of my players pointed out that, according to some physics study, Blastoise's Hydro Pump should in theory be able to sheer through steel based on the water pressure required for that visual effect.

Do you find it odd that Yugi/Yami is the one Duelist we DON'T have? Yes, so do I. I think we lost that mini. Poor guy.
Old January 18th, 2014, 05:33 PM

Hey, guess what! We found the Yugi figure!

So...having two cards is just a touch over-gimmicky, perhaps silly. But it was just the right time to take the opportunity.
Old June 5th, 2014, 07:46 PM

The name of this big ugly brute comes from paint colors originally mixed to try and bring life to his putrid flesh.
Plays rather well, thematically speaking. Tunnel Vision helps to balance out Double Turn in a nice way, and now we have a choice for Taskmaster Bonding besides the default DnD 'Scape Ogre.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards