Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 15th, 2006, 12:39 PM

Zulkir has disabled reputation
Just spotted a problem - not a rules problem more like a concept problem. As currently written the Earth Guardian could move 4 levels up and still get his momentum bonus to his attack. From a rules point of view this is fine but it does kind of break the metaphor.

Zulkir
Old December 15th, 2006, 01:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulkir
Just spotted a problem - not a rules problem more like a concept problem. As currently written the Earth Guardian could move 4 levels up and still get his momentum bonus to his attack. From a rules point of view this is fine but it does kind of break the metaphor.

Zulkir
Even though he moves 4 levels up, it's only one space, so he would only get a +1 bonus. Personally, I don't think that a big enough problem to cause any changes. But, I also admit it would be simple to "fix": just have the ability say he only gets the bonus if he didn't climb higher that turn. While we're doing that, though, shouldn't he get additional dice for moving down?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 15th, 2006, 01:31 PM

Zulkir has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulkir

Zulkir
Even though he moves 4 levels up, it's only one space, so he would only get a +1 bonus. Personally, I don't think that a big enough problem to cause any changes. But, I also admit it would be simple to "fix": just have the ability say he only gets the bonus if he didn't climb higher that turn. While we're doing that, though, shouldn't he get additional dice for moving down?
I thought of that too and decided I had kicked up enough dust as it was.

Zulkir
Old December 15th, 2006, 05:08 PM

ReqMan is surprisingly tart
What if Half-Orc Champion cost 110 points, and Rygarr cost 130 points. Would that be more accurate?

With Massive Momentum, I had actually figured that each "movement point" he used prior to attacking would add to his attack. This way, whether he climbs or moves down or on flat surface, he always gets something.

Otherwise, 4 movement (which is very slow) just isnt enough when playing on maps with lots of climbing.

If it is movement points used, 4 movement is enough.
If it stays "spaces" only which doesnt count elevation, then I think it should be 5 movement.

With the Equicephs, the Range-2 is a tricky one.
I like the idea of "Figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Skeletal Equicephs are considered engaged with them and follow all other engagement rules."
However, does that mean the ArmyCard still has a Range of 2, and the above statement doesnt account for height.

It would also mean that enemy figures are considered engaged at 2 spaces, which I hadnt intended.
Indeed a tricky one.

What about...

Extended Reach
When attacking at a Range of 2, the target figure must be within the height of standard engagement rules.

Thanks for the comments everyone
Old December 15th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
There is already a Reach custom power that has been discussed quite extensively....

As Annerios said, "Here is the last Reach power from the HQ thread:

Opponent's figures 2 spaces away from <unit> are considered engaged with <unit>, but this does not cause <unit> to become engaged with the opponent's figures (normal exceptions apply). When attacking, <unit> is considered adjacent to all figures engaged with him.

Here is Rhydderch's simplified version:

Great Reach
An Ushtabi may attack figures 1 additional space away. When counting spaces for Great Reach, count elevations."

Here is my version...
Reach
Opponent's figures 2 spaces away from [this figure] are considered to be engaged with [this figure] (normal exceptions apply), but this does not cause [this figure] to become engaged with the opponent's figure. When attacking, this figure is considered adjacent to all figures engaged with him.

Normal exceptions being height and blocking walls, etc.

Here is the thread...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ighlight=reach

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:31 PM

Thanks Doc, I updated the SE's with the following.

RANGE 1

REACH
Skeletal Equicephs may attack figures 1 additional space away. Normal melee exceptions apply.

SELECTIVE ENGAGEMENT
Skeletal Equicephs may ignore engagement rules when attacking.

DISENGAGE
Skeletal Equicephs are never attack when leaving an engagement.

This way, they can attack figures 2 spaces away but within normal melee restrictions, dont have any engagement effects at 2 spaces away, and can still attack 2 spaces away if they are engaged with an adjacent figure.
Old December 15th, 2006, 07:45 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Great customs Req. Here's one observation: Since they are common, the Dark Orc Clan's Dark Inspiration should explicitly not inspire other Dark Orc Clans. Otherwise, two squads of them could recursively inspire each other a billion times during one turn.
Old December 15th, 2006, 08:17 PM

Pug has disabled reputation
Two comments for you:

1. I think Rygarr is a little overpriced. He is only on average maybe 8/5/1/5/4. I just don't see 140 points in there.

2. Those wights move pretty fast. And petrify is...well...petrifying. No d20 roll?
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:47 AM

I'm thinking of the following changes.

RYGARR
Left out Unleashed Fury's +8 Attack when you roll a 20.
Battle Initiative : Change to +2 Initiative for each adjacent enemy figure.
Cost : 125

EARTH GUARDIAN
Increase Move to 5. Move of 4 was just too small for a 110 figure.

DARK ORC CLAN
Since Dark Inspiration only allows you to move another Orc card, it cant be repeated with 2 Clan cards as it only is used at the start of a Turn. Only moving is not a turn.
However, I will add in there that this ability cannot be used on other Dark Orc Clans.

BLADE BROTHERS
Since there are only 2 figures, I was thinking of increasing their defense to 6, so that they might survive a little longer.

TERROR WIGHTS
Perhaps changing their attack to 1, will mean they are not so powerful?
Old December 16th, 2006, 06:33 PM

I have now updated the stats on my previous army cards, and also added the new Gorak card.
Old December 27th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Here is my latest Wolf hero.

#9 Fanghor The Furious

I'm still working on the next wolf squad...
Old December 27th, 2006, 07:28 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The Earth Guardian seem undercost to me. If he moves 5 spaces that is a 7/4 figure for that round + he has good defense against tanged attacks + his self healing is much better than what Kelda provides especially considering you have to give her a separate order marker whereas for the guardian you do not.

The Beast Brothers seem to be undercost too. 2 characters with 6 movement/4 attack/6 defense by itself is pretty strong and that is before mentioning that they have Bonding. Also 8 attack is too strong. That attack could devastate most Heroes

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards