Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old June 11th, 2018, 08:55 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?
Re: CA-SoCal Heroscapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'm in South Pasadena! I only have a small collection as of now, but I'd love to get together sometime and play a bit.
Ayyy, do you have a master set or enough for two players? I'm planning on going to Game Empire Sunday if you're down to meet up

I actually just moved here from Arkansas like... 4 months ago and I'm ready to get my nerd on
Old June 11th, 2018, 09:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I generally don't do Sundays since I'm busy with church stuff.

I do have the first two master sets, more terrain from the first, an incomplete castle set, Raknar's Vision, and a few various custom figures. So yeah, enough for 2 lol.

If you send me a PM I can get you my number and we can try to set something up over text.
Old June 12th, 2018, 01:13 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Cool cool, sent you a pm!
Old June 27th, 2018, 04:27 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

bump bump, should be getting my set soon, anyone interested in starting some sort of League?
Old June 29th, 2018, 01:12 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjKniteX View Post
bump bump, should be getting my set soon, anyone interested in starting some sort of League?
Well, come National Heroscape Day, there will definitely be a tourney, and we'll hope to see you there. Outside of that, we often say we're going to get together and play, but we rarely manage to follow through. But, hey: if you manage to get something organized, it's entirely possible one or more of us SoCal Leaguers will join you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 29th, 2018, 01:14 AM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Well, come National Heroscape Day, there will definitely be a tourney, and we'll hope to see you there. Outside of that, we often say we're going to get together and play, but we rarely manage to follow through. But, hey: if you manage to get something organized, it's entirely possible one or more of us SoCal Leaguers will join you.
Tell me more about this Heroscape Day and where?? Sounds awesome!
Old June 29th, 2018, 10:52 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

It's some Saturday in October. There's some specific date, but usually people just hold their events as close to that date as possible. There's tournaments all over the country. In the past, (like years ago) there's been official prize support and fun stuff like that. I think one year some of the designers came to a tournament with a wave that wasn't released yet.
Old June 29th, 2018, 01:20 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

I'll be down to check it out and maybe compete when I get better. There's gotta be some sort of meta to follow.
Old June 29th, 2018, 01:26 PM
This is merely a joke.

If you read the tourney thread from last year you'll get a decent idea of what goes down.

NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2017

EDIT: Looks like they held the tournament at Game Empire back in '08, but it's been at warriorneedsfoodbadly's apartment rec room since.

Last edited by superfrog; June 29th, 2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old June 30th, 2018, 02:29 AM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Quote:
If you read the tourney thread from last year you'll get a decent idea of what goes down.

NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2017

EDIT: Looks like they held the tournament at Game Empire back in '08, but it's been at warriorneedsfoodbadly's apartment rec room since.
Thanks! I'll give it a read~
Old July 1st, 2018, 05:51 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I'll be down to check it out and maybe compete when I get better. There's gotta be some sort of meta to follow.
Oh, you don't need to be good to compete in our tourney. We're really not that competitive, and we have all skill levels signed up. The '08 tourney that superfrog mentions was my eldest's first, and he was just barely 10 at the time. '12 was the first for my middle child, which means he would have been about 6˝. My youngest will be 6˝ for this year's tourney, but I don't think she'll be quite ready yet—maybe next year. So, if you come participate in our tourney, you'll likely be facing 5 – 7 players under 20, 1 or 2 of whom will be under 13. I'm just saying: we're playing more for fun than super-competitively, although of course we have few more serious players as well. I myself am an excellent example of how the amount of power one holds in the forum has zero relation to amount of skill one has in the game.

So, short answer is: don't be intimidated by the word "tournament." Just come out, play, have a good time, then do it again next year, and the year after that, and so on.

Quote:
... but it's been at warriorneedsfoodbadly's apartment rec room since.
It has, and it's really been wonderful. Game Empire was okay, but the rec room is pretty magnificent. Better bathrooms, access to our own fridge/freezer, more tables if we need 'em, more electrical outlets, more comfortable chairs, more privacy, etc etc etc. I hope both you guys get to check it out this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 6th, 2018, 12:39 AM

DjKniteX Woo who?

If anyone is interested, I'm thinking about playing at Game Empire Pasadena on the weekends, probably Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon for all you SoCal players out htere

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers