Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old June 16th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.4) (Abilities Tutorial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I've played around a bit with MSE for Heroscape cards, but recently I've been thinking about using it for something else. I'm toying with a game design idea, and I would like to put together some prototype cards. What does it take to put together a template from scratch? I'm just thinking of something fairly basic; it is a prototype after all.

I'm thinking of these basic templates:
1. A horizontal character/monster card template with a picture and a few stats.
2. An equipment/weapon card template that would also be horizontal with a picture and a few stats.
3. An item card template that would mainly be a picture with a couple symbols that could be horizontal or vertical (probably vertical to be visually different).
4. An encounter card template that would mainly be text.
Check out bmaczero's Scripting tutorial on the OP. I found it very helpful when I was first learning how to modify the files to use different custom card designs for Project Pokemon, Trekscape, and most recently the new Star Wars cards.
The good news is, you'll be able to reuse many of the existing fields by adjusting their positions and sizes. You'll need to complete your card design - at least a basic version with spaces set aside for stats, text, and images. Once you've got that, you can create the mask files for the images and text fields.

Good luck! If you get stuck, post in here or send me a PM and I'll try to help.

Edit: When I checked to see if bmaczero's tutorial was still available, some sort of spamware prevented me from downloading from Mediafire. In case others have this same issue, I have added the PDF file to the Downloads section here.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; June 16th, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:05 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I edited my MSE code to add marker image fields to the Hi-Res Dungeon style card blanks. This makes it easy to include markers, like the AE's Grenade marker, to all your custom cards. William099 asked me to shaare how this is done, so I've uploaded a zip folder with instructions, including the code you'll need to add, as well as the image mask for the markers. The code is set for use with the Hi-Res blanks. If you don't have them, you can use this as a guide, but you'll need to adjust the position and size of all the marker fields.

If you don't have the Hi-Res blanks, I highly recommend them. These blanks make your cards look so much sharper. Contrary to other postings, you don't have to create your cards in the low resolution style then change them to the hi-res style to export. You can work on your cards in hi-res, you just need to adjust the zoom level so the entire card will show on your screen. Create a new set or open an existing set that uses the hi-res blanks. On the menu bar, click Edit, then Preferences... The Preferences dialog box will open. Click the Display tab, then adjust the Zoom settings. You can try the presets, but if none work quite right, you can manually enter a different value.
The only issue I've had working in hi-res, is that occasionally, the power text on the exported card image does not match what was displayed - some of the text is cut off. Check your images before printing. If you find this has happened, go back to that card, place your cursor after the last bit of text and hit Enter. Save the set and export that card again. This should correct any formatting issues.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Does anyone have the general-specific backgrounds? IE- The volcano behind all Utgar figures.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
Does anyone have the general-specific backgrounds? IE- The volcano behind all Utgar figures.
Check out GreyOwl's Customization Tools. He's got files for all the backgrounds as well as many other useful files.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks a ton, Mac.
Old June 29th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Definitely not horrible

Is there an Hi-Res basic side template?
Old June 29th, 2012, 06:58 PM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

I downloaded MSE and the heroscape templates, but can not access the heroscape files from MSE. I have accessed them from my files though. Help?

Old June 30th, 2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilfheimPwns View Post
I downloaded MSE and the heroscape templates, but can not access the heroscape files from MSE. I have accessed them from my files though. Help?
Did you extract all the files?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:

Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:58 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
I'm having the Same Problem as Nilf, and I have extracted the files from the folder and put them into the Magic Set Editor 2/data file, but I have no idea how to open them when I open MSE. I don't know if I'm doing something COMPLETELY stupid, but I really need help!

-DS97, thanking in advance

EDIT: Nevermind - fixed.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!

Last edited by DrummerScaper97; July 2nd, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:07 PM

Sorry my last post was empty, I don't know why that happened, I had it all typed out. I meant to say I don't know how to extract the files, and i also am unable to even find the MSE folder in my files.

Old July 8th, 2012, 03:31 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Sorry my last post was empty, I don't know why that happened, I had it all typed out. I meant to say I don't know how to extract the files, and i also am unable to even find the MSE folder in my files.
If you have to, download it again, and choose where it gets downloaded to, or just make note of the location. When you get there, right click the zipped folder and select "extract files" out of the bar that pops out. Move those files into the data folder of the main download of MSE. That what did it for me. Hope that helps.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software