Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old July 4th, 2015, 05:02 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Public Design Post

COORDINATED ATTACK
At the start of the game, place 1 JLA Marker on the card of a friendly Unique Hero's card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Cyborg, if Cyborg did not move this turn you may take a turn with any figure you control with a JLA Marker within 6 clear sight spaces of Cyborg in which the figure may only attack.

Cyborg has always just given out one Marker. He doesn't place one on himself

Public Designs
Old July 4th, 2015, 05:04 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
3 markers, but one is placed on MM. So he is still only offering 2 to other figures. Cyborg would start with 1 on his card, and give 1 out. Batman's glyph would be the same. So the actual amount of markers being given out to other figures would remain the same.
Uh, no. If MM2 gets his own marker for free, then he doesn't need to take Cyborg's. You can give that one to Thor instead.

I actually don't think Cyborg should get two. Just one he hands out to a friend, so he can do a tag team with one figure if he's alone, but he needs someone else to mark him up in the big JL builds.

If you have 3 extra JL markers between Cyborg2 and MM2, it's just the Avengers redux.
I think that's a bit of an unfair statement. The benefits being offered here completely encourage getting more markers from the others. They are also not getting an addition to their attack and defense. Lastly, I wouldn't be against limiting to just a Unique DC Hero. I want to see the DC heroes played more and feel more tied into it. In all honesty, I think Avengers could get a change to just be Marvel characters, and JL be just DC. It would make the battles more interesting and thematic, but I'm sure that's a pipe dream at this point.

Regardless, I'm fine with either. But for Martian Manhunter, he should probably have it so he sets 1 on his and has 2 to give out for the sake of his power wording including him without having to list them separately. With. Cyborg and Batman, they can be just 1 to hand out if desired. Though, when you're just handing them out, it means at total you get 4 to dish out, and that means you can only get 1 other person with a marker other than the 3 if u want them each with a marker.
Old July 4th, 2015, 05:17 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbush7690 View Post
COORDINATED ATTACK
At the start of the game, place 1 JLA Marker on the card of a friendly Unique Hero's card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Cyborg, if Cyborg did not move this turn you may take a turn with any figure you control with a JLA Marker within 6 clear sight spaces of Cyborg in which the figure may only attack.

Cyborg has always just given out one Marker. He doesn't place one on himself
I'm not quite sure I like this for Cyborg's contribution special. It's the exact same as Ms. Marvel's correct? It's not a bad special by any means, but if we're trying to differentiate the JL benefits and synergy from the Avengers, perhaps using the same ability as an Agenger's synergy bonus isn't the best option? Just a thought, perhaps there's something else Cyborg can do that feels thematic and is a solid useful addition? Not sure, but it could be worth brainstorming.
Old July 4th, 2015, 09:52 PM

If you want it to be different, and make Cyborg the star of the special, you could always go with:

COORDINATED ATTACK
At the start of the game, place 1 JL Marker on the card of a friendly Unique Hero's card. After revealing an Order Marker on the card of and taking a turn with a figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Cyborg, if that figure has a JL marker on its card, you may immediately attack once with Cyborg, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

If not, the version you have is fine.

Also, another option for the Boom Tube if you're interested:

BOOM TUBE TRANSPORT
Instead of moving and attacking, you may choose a friendly figure adjacent to Cyborg. Roll the 20-sided die, add 1 to the roll for each figure you control with a JL marker on its card. Place Cyborg on an empty space up to X spaces away from his original placement, where X equals the number rolled on the 20-sided die. After placing Cyborg, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Cyborg. Figures moved by this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks, and cannot be placed adjacent to an enemy figure. This special may not be used more than once per round.

It's not any more powerful than Doctor Fate's. Fate can go anywhere, but there is a 1-20 chance system involved here. It also encourages more Justice League markers. Just an idea. Stick with what you have if you like.
Old July 4th, 2015, 10:03 PM

Alright, with dok's and Yodaking's input taken into account, we're currently sitting with:

JUSTICE LEAGUE MIND LINK
At the start of the game, you may place a JL marker on this card and the card of 2 other Unique Heroes you control. When rolling for initiative, add 1 to your roll for each figure you control with a JL marker on its card. Figures you control with a JL marker on their card are always considered in clear sight of each other. An opponent may never take control of Martian Manhunter or any other figure you control with a JL marker on their card within 4 spaces of Martian Manhunter.

SHAPESHIFTER
After an Order Marker is revealed on this card, Martian Manhunter may change his size to Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, or Huge.

PHASING
Martian Manhunter may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and cannot be targeted by a non-adjacent enemy figure for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight. After moving with Martian Manhunter, you may roll one unblockable attack die against a figure he passed through this turn.

---------------------------------
I feel 4 spaces is fair for the Mind Link control protection range. I think of the pain it can be to keep Invisible Woman within 4 spaces of her team, especially when you're not running with Mr. Fantastic, so it's not a complete and total coverage. However, 4 spaces is enough to do battle in if you get Martian Manhunter setup near/with the rest of the heroes, so it's not exactly super restricted either. I feel it's a fair trade off, considering Mandarin can do it to all adjacent figures, whereas MM is limited to those who have JL markers on their cards.
Old July 4th, 2015, 11:52 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Alright, with dok's and Yodaking's input taken into account, we're currently sitting with:

JUSTICE LEAGUE MIND LINK
At the start of the game, you may place a JL marker on this card and the card of 2 other Unique Heroes you control. When rolling for initiative, add 1 to your roll for each figure you control with a JL marker on its card. Figures you control with a JL marker on their card are always considered in clear sight of each other. An opponent may never take control of Martian Manhunter or any other figure you control with a JL marker on their card within 4 spaces of Martian Manhunter.

SHAPESHIFTER
After an Order Marker is revealed on this card, Martian Manhunter may change his size to Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, or Huge.

PHASING
Martian Manhunter may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and cannot be targeted by a non-adjacent enemy figure for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight. After moving with Martian Manhunter, you may roll one unblockable attack die against a figure he passed through this turn.

I feel 4 spaces is fair for the Mind Link control protection range. I think of the pain it can be to keep Invisible Woman within 4 spaces of her team, especially when you're not running with Mr. Fantastic, so it's not a complete and total coverage. However, 4 spaces is enough to do battle in if you get Martian Manhunter setup near/with the rest of the heroes, so it's not exactly super restricted either. I feel it's a fair trade off, considering Mandarin can do it to all adjacent figures, whereas MM is limited to those who have JL markers on their cards.
I like it. For the record my only issue with for Shape Shifter is with size changing figures without different sized mini's....I and my young son I play with sometimes forget what size we are.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 5th, 2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

JUSTICE LEAGUE MIND LINK

SHAPESHIFTER

PHASING

I like it. For the record my only issue with for Shape Shifter is with size changing figures without different sized mini's....I and my young son I play with sometimes forget what size we are.
Yeah, I'm not sure what to feel about it myself. Dr. Manhattan has the same ability, but can be done whenever an Order Marker is revealed on any figure he controls. So I'm not sure how that's kept track of, because in the games I've played, the person playing him rarely if ever remembers to use it. So in testing, I'd imagine we'll find if it's a real issue. If it becomes an issue, it could be changed to "until the end of his turn".
Old July 5th, 2015, 12:13 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

JUSTICE LEAGUE MIND LINK

SHAPESHIFTER

PHASING

Yeah, I'm not sure what to feel about it myself. Dr. Manhattan has the same ability, but can be done whenever an Order Marker is revealed on any figure he controls. So I'm not sure how that's kept track of, because in the games I've played, the person playing him rarely if ever remembers to use it. So in testing, I'd imagine we'll find if it's a real issue. If it becomes an issue, it could be changed to "until the end of his turn".
Until the end of his turn makes it only an offensive or retreat type power which eliminates one of the reasons you stated for wanting the power...LE strikes on tiny figures so I wouldn't change it for my reason.

PS...All this Justice League talk really makes me want to find a Starro Proxy and run that match-up...I still haven't found anything suitable.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 5th, 2015, 12:18 AM
A Man of Taste

I guess technically you really only need to worry about Tiny, Medium, and Large since they are the one that matter power wise...Tiny I can just swap out my blank heroclix dial I use for all the tiny figure proxy and I can find some cheap MM toy that is larger to use as the large version.

Old July 5th, 2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
I guess technically you really only need to worry about Tiny, Medium, and Large since they are the one that matter power wise...Tiny I can just swap out my blank heroclix dial I use for all the tiny figure proxy and I can find some cheap MM toy that is larger to use as the large version.
Good ideas.

And yeah, the Small and Huge aren't really necessary.

I had a decent proxy for Starro, it was a starfish I got from Hobby Lobby I believe. Unfortunately, since it was a real dried up star fish, it would crumble all over the place and just didn't look right etc. So I'm still hoping for something decent as well.
Old July 5th, 2015, 12:49 AM

NAME = MARTIAN MANHUNTER II
SECRET IDENTITY = J'ONN J'ONZZ

SPECIES = MARTIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 8
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 370-390

JUSTICE LEAGUE MIND LINK
At the start of the game, you may place a JL marker on this card and on the card of 1 other Unique Hero you control. An opponent may never take control of Martian Manhunter or any figure you control within X spaces of Martian Manhunter, where X equals the number of figures you control with a JL marker on their cards. Figures you control with JL markers on their cards are always considered in clear sight of each other.

JUSTICE LEAGUE PRECOGNITION
When rolling for initiative, add 1 to your roll for each figure you control with a JL marker on its card. If a figure you control with a JL marker on its card rolls the 20-sided die for a special power, you may add 1 to the roll.

DENSITY CONTROL
Martian Manhunter can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Martian Manhunter cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight. Martian Manhunter may not be moved by any special power on an opponent's Army Card.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by Arkham; July 18th, 2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old July 5th, 2015, 01:10 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Martian Manhunter looks pretty good. The only thing I have an issue with is the shapeshifter ability. To me it doesn't seem very useful, or too thematic. It looks more like an Ant Man/Giant Man ability than a Martian Manhunter one, and he would likely be better served by the stat alteration concept of Shapeshifting from Super Ape's Card.

Edit: I would consider using some Pre New 52 art for Martian Manhunter, seeing as in the New 52 he and the Justice League work horribly together, and he's far from benevolent.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy