Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 22nd, 2009, 01:09 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Allentown Tournament: Dragon Wars Post Tournament Thread

Thanks everyone who came. I had a great time. Now to the results...
  1. Kalislord 5-0 Su-Bak-Na, 3x Stingers, Marro Warriors, 1x Nagrubs, Raelin RotV
  2. Vydar is the man 4-1 Charos, 4x 4th Mass
  3. Spidysox 4-1 Nilfheim, Krav, Nakitas, Raelin RotV, Otonashi
  4. Arcus 4-1 Nilfheim, 3x Rats, 3x Stingers, Isamu
  5. Kinseth 4-1 Charos, 4x 4th Mass
  6. Phil the Thrill 3-2 Nilfheim, Sujoah, Kaemon Awa, Isamu
  7. Clancampbell 3-2 Nilfheim, Sujaoh, Atlaga, 1x Repulsors
  8. ManOfWar 3-2 Nilfheim, 4x 10th Foot, Isamu
  9. Onacara 3-2 Mimring, Airborne Elite, Nakita Agents, 2x Stingers
  10. Anthony Jr 2-3 Su-Bak-Na, 5x Stingers, 1x Nagrubs, Isamu
  11. Follower of Vydar 2-3 Su-Bak-Na, Tor-Kul-Na, 2x Nagrubs, 1x Stingers
  12. HiveKeeper 2-3 Charos, 4x Dwarves, Isamu
  13. PeasantDave 2-3 Su-Bak-Na, 5x Stingers, 1x Rats
  14. Technomagus 2-3 Zelrig, Nelfheim, Kelda, Marro Warriors
  15. Dylan 2-3 Charos, Airborne Elite, Kaemon Awa, Isamu
  16. Lil Miss Spidysox 2-3 Braxas, Krav, Agent Skahen, Isumi Samurai, Isamu
  17. Peteparkerh Braxas, EOV, 2x Rats, Krav, Isamu
  18. JohnGee 2-3 Mimring, Airborne Elite, 2x Protectors of Ullar, Otonashi, Isamu
  19. Einar's Puppy 1-4 Braxas, Nilfheim, Krav
  20. Xanth 1-4 Mimring, Grimnak, Tornak, 3x Blade Gruts, Ismau
  21. Lil Miss Pete 1-4 Zelrig, 2x Sentinals, Atlaga
  22. Lisa 1-4 Nilfheim, Jotun, Kumiko, Isamu
Congradulations to KalisLord for winning and becoming the first recipient of the "ELITE ONYX ARCHER"

Congradulations to Technomagus for having the "Coolest Army"

Congradulations to Lisa for having the most "Unique Army"

Random Statistics

Most Used Dragon: Nilfheim ( 8 )
Least Used Dragon: Zelrig (2)
Most Used (non dragon) Hero: Isamu (11)
Most Used Unique Squad: Krav Maga Agents (4)
Most Used Common Squad: Marro Stingers (6)
Players Added to the Defeated by Xanth Club: PeasantDave
Number of Double Dragon Armies: 2

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 22nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Allentown Tournament: Dragon Wars Post Tournament Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Random Statistics

....Best statistic ever!
Old November 22nd, 2009, 01:45 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Initially I thought I wasn't going to like the Dragon Wars format, but I ended up really enjoying it.

It was a different added twist to the game.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 01:46 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks Vydar, love the random stats!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old November 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Don't forget Scapers, all that are defeated by Xanth have to add it to their signature!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old November 22nd, 2009, 05:04 PM

PeasantDave Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Don't forget Scapers, all that are defeated by Xanth have to add it to their signature!
It's true. When I least expected it Mimring swooped in for the final blow. Well played Xanth, well played.

Member of the Defeated by Xanth Club
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Quote:
Random Statistics

....Best statistic ever!
Yes, awesome!! PeasentDave was a very good sport.

To answer your question from the other thread Tom, I managed to Bolt of the Witherwood Man o war's Nilfheim. I also dropped Lisa's Nilfheim with a roll of a 20 for Sujoah's poison sting.

I had a great time. It was a blast playing Arcus in the last round. I had no shot to win, but Arcus made it fun and competitive.

Congrats to Kalislord. At least the trophy got to ride home in my car.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:28 PM

Technomagus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Congradulations to Technomagus for having the "Coolest Army"
Thanks to the unshakable argument of "Come on, I brought KELDA!"
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:11 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Ok so here is my short but sweet Battle report

I played
Mimring
Nakitas
AE
Stingers x2

The Gameplan: Keep the Nakitas in front of Mimring so I could smoke powder him away. Get the AE to drop in and shoot the heck out of my opponenets dragon. Stingers used as a meat shield /front line to slow down advancing opponent and take out as many squadies as possible.

Round 1 vs. Vydar's the Man
I was up against Charos and 4th Mass so I'm thinking to myslef...I am facing a superior army BUT they have no special attack so I can still take advantage of the smoke powder. AE drop in before the first round, but because of the map I have to take a risk and put them close to VITM's start zone because I wouldnt be able to get height back . I lose initiative and the 4th take out 2 of the 4. One surviving AE rolls 4 skulls and Charos can only deflect 1...6 lives to go. The other rolls 3 and charos again only deflects 1...4 lives to go. The 4th take out the last 2 AE and begin their march toward Mimring. The stingers take out a couple but are quickly overcome by th sheer number of 4th. Then they get in range of Mimring and the Nakitas split up to try and take them down. If they changed the specail to be Smoke Powder 5 I still would have missed 5 of the attempts at it . Mimring goes down in a flail of musket rounds. 0-1

Round 2---I get paired up with Xanth who is all excited because he beat me last time we faced off so naturally I have to get up in the kids face...I mean he's 8 after all
Chompy and the Blade Gruts start coming at me and I'm trying to fight them off as best as I can with the stingers who take Chompy out without too many casualties. Luckily this round Engagement Strike was working to the max..as the Nakitas take out 2 1/2 squads of Blades just with that. In between it all Tornak comes across the board and I make a move with Mimring to take him out.. I put a couple of wounds on him but didnt want to turtle and move him back behind the Nakita wall and it almost did me in as Tornak got Mimring down to 1 wound. Luckily I killed Tornak before he could get the deathblow. All of a sudden I realize that I do not have alot of figs left and can't figure out how I lost them all so fast and THEN I realize that I didnt roll for the drop after the first attempt. I roll for it ..its successful and the AE drop in to a pretty vacant start zone and take out Mimring on the first order marker 1-1

Round 3 vs Hivekeeper
Yeah my third game against someone not old enough to vote on the day. The AE didnt get the drop till the second round but I was able to take advantage of the map and dwarves to get them to where they could not easily get engaged. They put a good beatdown on Charos before they died. In the end it came down to Charos vs. Mimring. I was able to take advantage of the extra move space Mimring got to avoid Charosand firelined him to death 2-1

Round 4 vs Kinseth
Second game vs the same Chaors/4th army. This was a mess...we played on Embattled Fen and I didnt get the drop till the 3rd or fourth round and Kinseth was able to block any spot where I had a shot at Charos (for the most part)round. I made a late surge but this one was doomed fom the start 2-2

Round 5 vs Follower of Vydar
I get the drop and take the height...I lose inititave and he sends in Torkulna and the Nagrubs...He takes out 1 AE. I play my first order marker and take 2 shots at SuBakNa and BAMM he's dead...game over...3 minutes.
We then played another game of straight Scape on the same board and I won that one two but it was significanty closer and more fun for both of us.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Time for the battle reports. All my games, except for the last round, lasted 10 minutes or less.

Round 1 vs. Lisa
Lisa was very nice, and I give her all the credit in the world for bringing Jotun. I started by advancing Atlaga toward her dragon. She moved Kumiko to intercept. Atlaga perched on height and blasted Kumiko, a wiff on defence ended the jandar ninja's day. Jotun then advanced towards my dragon. Atlaga then moved into position to attempt the 'bolt', and missed. Jotun circled back and cleaved the kyrie in twain. Jotun then began his march towards my dragon again. I sent Sujoah forth, while Jotun continued his march. Sujoah arrived at her dragon and inflicted 2 wounds, now to roll for posion..........20! Game over.

Round 2 vs. Lil miss spidy.
Same theory here, Atlaga advanced, and manged to use the terrain to avoid taking shots from the krav. Atlaga got into position for the 'bolt', no good. I still managed to put 4 wounds on her Braxas with Atlaga's normal attack though. Atlaga suffered some wounds from the krav, while I advanced Sujoah. Her samurai finished Atlaga off, and she managed 2 wounds on Sujoah with her krav, before the big bug arrived at Braxas. 2 wounds followed by 2 successful posion rolls, and it was game.
2-0 and Sujoah was thus far my man...er bug of the tourny.

Round 3 vs. Phil the Thrill
Phil and I had very similar armies, in fact, we were the only 2 people to have Sujoah in our armies. I advanced Atlaga, however his Keamon Awa decided to end any thoughts of a 'bolt', as he quick released Atlaga to his doom. I lost a few turns as all my markers were on Atlaga. Phil took advantage of that and the road that ran all the way across the map, and put some wounds on my Sujoah. His Sujoah advanced and I used mine to try and kill his. The Sujoah vs. himself battle was short, and mine lost. Death found my dragon pretty quick after that.

Round 4 vs. Man 'o war
My army was not built to face swarms, and facing a swarm of 10th foot had me feeling uneasy. I put my Sujoah out in harms way to hopefully draw some fire. My next 2 markers would go on Atlaga and hope for a bolt. Sujoah did indeed draw some fire, and Atlaga took a wound. However on my 3rd order marker Atlaga was in a position to 'bolt', I figured it was my only chance, I rolled.........19! Bolt success!

Round 5 vs. Arcus
I figured I needed 3 wins in this event to qualify for the Spidy's championship. With 3 wins in the bag, facing a horde of stingers and rats, which my army was not built to deal with, and no chance of winning the tourny, I figured what the heck, and just had fun with this game. Using my repulsors to fight rats was fun. I managed to EMP once, which really didn't matter because it was on the 3rd marker, and I did short circut once. Stingers gunned me down, and I never had a real chance, but I had a blast.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old November 29th, 2009, 08:20 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Vitm ~
Thanks for hosting another successful event... I had a GREAT TIME &obtw: on Fri I mailed to you a photo disk with all the pic's that I took. It has been a crazy week for me with Turkey Day smack in the middle of it, etc., etc.

My brief battle report (since I don't remember which maps I played on) is this:

JohnGee: 2 Wins - 3 Losses

I chose to use Mimring because he/she is the cheapest dragon at only 150 points, thus leaving more room for squad figures... then I added the Airborne Elite at +110, since they had devastated me in the last two tournaments and thinking that when/if? they drop in, they can seize the high ground for long range advantages; to this I added 2x squads of the Protectors of Ullar at +220, because not only do they have wings to ignore terrain, but they also shoot - besides I haven't played them yet and wanted to try them out; for the 20 points remining I added Otonashi and Isamu because Marcu is just too unpredicable.

Round ONE - I lost to Technomagus' Zelrig, Nelfheim, Kelda, Marro Warriors

Round TWO - boosted my confidnece a little when I barely escaped a bolt of Witherwood and won against Lil Miss Pete's 1-4 Zelrig, 2x Sentinals, Atlaga

Round THREE - I lost to Anthony Jr.'s Su-Bak-Na, 5x Stingers, 1x Nagrubs, & Isamu because as General G.A.Custer said about the Indians, those Stingers just kept coming and coming and coming...

Round FOUR - I lost against PeasantDave's Su-Bak-Na, 5x Stingers, 1x Rats

By Round FIVE - I was just glad that my opponent did NOT have another FIFTEEN Marro Stingers - I did win against Einar's Puppy's Braxas, Nilfheim and Krav Maga Agents, but it only by sheer luck, since the dice hated him by the end of the day and he was rolling six and seven skulls for Defense and wiffing on his Arracks ...although I delighted in the thrill of a victory, I felt for bad to see him go down in such an agonizing defeat.

Hoping to see all ya'all in December.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events