Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 3rd, 2019, 04:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

The two Firefly expansions that expanded the size of the board with new planets are pretty spectacular, if I had to chose just one of the two I would say the one with Mr. Universe was more impactful than the one with the Mudders. The Bounty Hunters expansion wasn't as memorable, I don't ever use the big slow moving cargo ship, but do use the smaller quick BH ship sometimes depending on what the story mission is.
Old July 14th, 2019, 12:24 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Visited Taeblewalker's place in upstate NY for a week. Did some sightseeing and played lots of games, picking up discounted figures at local game stores for Heroscape.

We played: Inis (Seasons of Inis) x4, Star Trek Ascendancy, Near and Far (First Play), Tyrants of the Underdark (First Play), Star Trek Fleet Captains x2, Cyclades, and DC Comic Deck Builder x2. Picked up some figures and accessories on sale at various places for Heroscape.
Old July 14th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Near and Far (3 player; third game in campaign mode). Won.

Above and Below (2 player). Won!

Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I played a new game over the weekend. Or new to me. Sort of.

A couple of years ago at GenCon we picked up two copies of Oath of the Brotherhood. They came with the Big Game Night Box from AEG. Supposedly it was, I read, similar to Lords of Waterdeep, but with a pirate theme.

Well, this weekend I finally took it out of shrink. Played it two-player with my father. I enjoyed it very much. It has a bit more going on than LoW, with more resources to manage, and the meeples are much better than LoW's cubes. They scratch a similar itch but I'm glad to have both, because they aren't quite the same.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 22nd, 2019, 07:02 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

My friends and I played a bunch over this this weekend. Games and frequency:
Sentinels of the Multiverse (2)
D&D (1)
Betrayal at the House on the Hill (6)
Dead of Winter (1)
Fireball Island (2)
Mice and Mystics (1)
Descent (1)

Some of these I hadn't played in a while and I fofgot how good they were!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 22nd, 2019, 07:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Have you looked into Betrayal Legacy at all? It’s not bad!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2019, 09:04 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Have you looked into Betrayal Legacy at all? It’s not bad!
My group has played the first eight games. It's enjoyable.

Old July 23rd, 2019, 03:37 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

No, but I've been wondering about it. I've loved Pandemic Legacy and heard great things about Risk Legacy, but Gloomhaven has the mechanic and is a hit, whereas Seafall was a whiff. I've been keeping tabs here for some feedback, so thanks!
Btw, got in a game of Shadows over Camelot tonight, planning on some more Mice and Mystics tomorrow.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old July 23rd, 2019, 03:52 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Nemesis. I backed the kickstarter and got my copy back in January. Anyone who has not played that game seriously needs to find someone with a copy and give it a shot. Some pics of a couple random games we've had;

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lumovanis; July 23rd, 2019 at 04:21 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 05:54 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Played the astoundingly produced new Joan of Arc, the one with all the minis. The three player scenario was fun. Archbishop (me), local lord, and monster with allies. Wacky stuff. We played the fantasy--rather than the historical-- mode. At the end we were still learning the rules, and having many "Ah, I got it!" moments. This is a game I would never buy just because of the storage requirements, but I'm glad a pal did!
Old July 23rd, 2019, 09:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
No, but I've been wondering about it. I've loved Pandemic Legacy and heard great things about Risk Legacy, but Gloomhaven has the mechanic and is a hit, whereas Seafall was a whiff. I've been keeping tabs here for some feedback, so thanks!
Btw, got in a game of Shadows over Camelot tonight, planning on some more Mice and Mystics tomorrow.
It's not the best implementation I've ever seen, but it's definitely fun, and definitely feels like Betrayal still. So if you're big fans of Betrayal, I think it'll hold up.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old July 23rd, 2019, 10:12 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I played a new game over the weekend. Or new to me. Sort of.

A couple of years ago at GenCon we picked up two copies of Oath of the Brotherhood. They came with the Big Game Night Box from AEG. Supposedly it was, I read, similar to Lords of Waterdeep, but with a pirate theme.

Well, this weekend I finally took it out of shrink. Played it two-player with my father. I enjoyed it very much. It has a bit more going on than LoW, with more resources to manage, and the meeples are much better than LoW's cubes. They scratch a similar itch but I'm glad to have both, because they aren't quite the same.
Sounds intriguing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games