Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 6th, 2009, 09:35 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: MLB

One of the theories out here in Boston is that since Johnny Demon (yes Demon) is a free agent that they'll toss thier $$ at Bay or Matt Holliday and the Red Sox will get the other... who knows.

Another rumor out there is that now that the Padres have Jed Hoyer as their GM (one of Epsteen's disciples) that Adrian Gonzalez will likely be traded to the Sox.

Halladay, from Toronto, is still under contract for a year, but I think he'll likely be traded.

-insert signature here-
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:39 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Shocker, Manny decided to stay in LA for 20mil... I don't usually do this but... we told you so!

Lincecum arrested for drug possession.

What an absolute moron. I guess the Dodgers have something to celebrate now.

-insert signature here-
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:41 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Shocker, Manny decided to stay in LA for 20mil... I don't usually do this but... we told you so!

Lincecum arrested for drug possession.

What an absolute moron. I guess the Dodgers have something to celebrate now.
I was hoping he would be Manny and decide to walk. Oh well, the McCheaps were not going to get us an Ace any way...
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:45 PM

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Holy Moley...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da internet
Mark Cuban talks about his interest in the Dodgers

November 9, 2009 | 2:14 pm
Bill Shaikin of The Times talked to maverick sports owner Mark Cuban about his potential interest in the Dodgers — who aren't currently for sale, of course, but might be one of these days.
... He said his interest in the Dodgers would be conditional on the ability to buy a controlling share as part of an ownership group. "I'm not a fan of debt-driven acquisitions," Cuban wrote. "If a unique situation came up where I could contribute capital to buy out a majority shareholder and gain control, with existing shareholders or note holders staying in place, I would consider it."
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:34 PM

He'd make it interesting to say the least. Maybe he'd run on the field and assault an ump after a bad call.

-insert signature here-
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
He'd make it interesting to say the least. Maybe he'd run on the field and assault an ump after a bad call.
Hell yeah! A little passion in LA. I mean c'mon Play offs the only thing that gets that city excited or what?
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:13 PM

It's Mannywood baby!

-insert signature here-
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
It's Mannywood baby!
J4J wishing it was Halladay/Holliday-Wood...
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:36 AM

Bull****, bull****, bull****!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:40 AM

Ugh, never fun to hear before things get going that your team is stating they don't expet to do much. Then again, they could just be posturing.

Over on the opposite side of the country there's a little too much talk that will end with little or no action. I'm not sure which is worse, saying your going to do something (the Sox) and end up with nothing, or just say that you'll do nothing and follow through (Dodgers?).

Supposedly the Sox have ramped up the talks for Roy Halladay, are talking about Adrian Gonzalez, have interest in another reclamation project in Rich Harden, and have floated the idea of moving Dustin Perdroia to Short Stop in order to make room for a 'bigger' free agent than is available at short.

-insert signature here-
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:06 AM

Short is a totally different position than outfield though he is young and spry enough to make the transition if any one on the Sox.

I do not know if the Dodgers silence is tactical or not. As a fan, I just want to hear that the Dodgers are not satisfied with going to the NLCS for two years in a row. I want to hear they are trying to make the leap to the World Series!

At least the Sox are showing their fans they are trying. Gonzalez is better than Teixera any way.

The BoSox are still gunning for Bay/Holliday right?
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:10 AM

Pedroia is a Gold Glove second baseman with the Sox and played short in college and the minors, so it should be pretty seemless.

A-Gon would be freaking awsome. He's Teixeira light. Just as good, but doesn't nearly fill you up (or in this case cost) nearly as much.

Supposedly the running thought is that the Sox will end up with which ever of the two (Bay/Holliday) the Y-----s don't sign.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV