Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 16th, 2015, 10:55 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
*chuckle* Good move with the sniper rifle, JG. Too bad it didn't work out.
Thanks D_S. Yeah, I had the accountant and waitress in the Police Station so I could look at six items before choosing two during searches and thus already had a shotgun and two pistols to keep the mutants at bay. My turns were quick, cool fun, but I had to wait 1/2 for my next one. I did not expect to be the most experienced player at the table. James came in late, with a new game in his hand which he obviously wanted to see played, and reluctantly got sucked into joining us. I watched his eyes glaze over and knew we had lost his undivided attention as I struggled to keep the group focused on just finishing each Round. There were way TOO MANY distractions. I would have gone with him if I wasn't feeling guilty about committing to Kaitlin S. (not the gender-challenged Kaitlin G.) on FaceBook that I would play DoW with her. It was a good learning experience for me as I realized that I knew more about the game than I realized and was able to "coach" the other players getting through their turns, which is exactly what I wanted to accomplish and why I drove 60 miles each way to participate.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 16th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I played Boss Monster and Mansions of Madness yesterday. Also, I just got an adventure module from Dark City Games that I'm going to start playing.

BTW, I also recently had an adventure for Dark City Games published (I wrote the adventure). So now I'm published in the gaming industry! It can be found here.

Old September 16th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Grats Taeblewalker!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 16th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is that an underwater adventure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 17th, 2015, 07:46 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Epic last night. Played a game with each of the factions, then shuffled everything together and dealt out 30 random for a game. I really like this game mainly because it has everything I like about card games and none of what I don't, the deck building and turns of doing nothing waiting for land, mana, etc. Also, being non-collectible is nice. Every card is truly epic. I remember thinking quite few times that a card in my hand was broken, only to see a better card be played against me. Although I still think I might prefer Force of Will for the long run, Epic will be the go to "pick-up" card dueling game for now.
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:36 AM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Is that an underwater adventure?
Actually you're flying an airship among islands floating in the sky. Although on one of the islands there is an opportunity to go swimming...

Old September 17th, 2015, 11:39 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, OK. I'm running am underwater D&D campaign for my daughter and I'm on the lookout for underwater scenarios.

Quote:
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Awesome!!! Are you using 5th edition? KidScaper and I played 5th edition at GenCon and *loved* it. So user-friendly for the players.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:46 AM

Basic D&D from the 1980s, actually. Very user-friendly.

Quote:
Old September 17th, 2015, 12:10 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

I played Ticket to Ride and AotP last night with my wife. She beat me in both games which just isn't right! Ticket to ride was close but she was able to complete a few more tickets than I did and she triggered the end game about 3 turns too soon for me. AotP was a learning game for her since she hasn't played it before. We played the kill the planeswalker scenario. She took Liliana and I took Chandra. We met in the middle of the board around the high ground and I was able to take out most of her squads after dealing five wounds to Liliana of which she healed four back with the play of one card. I was able to damage her some more but she took out my planeswalker with a combo of spells and ranged attack. It was a fun game though and I look forward to playing it more often.
Old September 17th, 2015, 12:35 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

@belgarath - I AM SO JEALOUS! I've played TTR with my wife many times, but mostly with another couple or with her daughter and two grandsons. Only once or twice have we played 1-vs-1 to "try out" a new expansion or new game. She doesn't like me "talking down" at her when I explain the rules and gets really mad when I suggest, "Why don't you RTFM yourself." ~lol~ Her favorite games are ONLY: TTR, Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, and Stone Age. I got her to try HeroScape once years ago when it first came out and she said, "I'd rather blow my brains out than ever play this or any miniatures game again." C'est la vie. She's still a wonderful person and great cook, so I guess I'll keep her.

&obtw: At @Taeblewalker - Congratulations on the publication! Will I have to genuflect or kowtow the next time I see you? ; o )

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 17th, 2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post

&obtw: At @Taeblewalker - Congratulations on the publication! Will I have to genuflect or kowtow the next time I see you? ; o )
Just calling me "Sir" will suffice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games