Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 12th, 2014, 11:06 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

Well, I just had a monkeywrench thrown into this - I've been invited to speak at a student retreat for our church, and it of course falls on the weekend of the 15th. Anyone feel like running with this, or should we reschedule?
Old January 12th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Church, shmurch.

On a related note, I have March 1 at The Family Game Store in Savage. It'll be the multiplayer FFA format, though I haven't decided on a point total yet. I had thought about throwing some wrinkles in it, but I want to keep it simple, because I think we'll have more new(ish) faces this time.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:34 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

Church, shmurch.
@ D_S :

"CH__CH" - what's missing?
Spoiler Alert!

& obtw: keeping it simple is always a go^od thing when new-ish faces might show up.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
& obtw: keeping it simple is always a go^od thing when new-ish faces might show up.
Johngee, I have always said the best format is the one that gets people to show up, and to have a good time. That is Rule #1. You are exactly right.

I hope you can make the trip, so soon after MW's event with its substitute TD.

Speaking of my friends in NJ/PA, I hope all's well with northgate & his crew.

Anyway. March 1. Write it down.

= =
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:40 AM

Rodger Wilco... I will plan to march forth on March first and beware the Ides ... or something like that.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old January 13th, 2014, 10:29 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

So I'll be taking over for Mad_Wookiee running the event at Games Keep on Feb. 15th. Stay tuned for an event thread.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Excellent! We have plans on the 15th of February, but I am thrilled to see I am not carrying the torch alone for the tri-State area (no, for these purposes, Delaware does not count as a state). My own event thread is up, here.

= =
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:35 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
So I'll be taking over for Mad_Wookiee running the event at Games Keep on Feb. 15th. Stay tuned for an event thread.
Thanks for stepping up and taking this over Spidysox! I know I appreciate it and will help any way I can. Can't wait to see the format!
Old January 14th, 2014, 06:44 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks so much - I hate to miss it, especially since we haven't had an event in so long.
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:15 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Thanks for stepping up and taking this over Spidysox! I know I appreciate it and will help any way I can. Can't wait to see the format!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Thanks so much - I hate to miss it, especially since we haven't had an event in so long.
Always glad to help. We are going to miss you MW.

Event thread is up. You can see it here.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
If only there was another event, soon after, at which you could scratch that itch!

= =
Old January 15th, 2014, 12:54 AM

I'm definitely looking forward to playing some 'Scape next month (2/15) at GK in WC, PA, but if anyone want to play some Star Wars X-Wings before then, a small group has been getting together every Monday evening (5-9) at ATKM in Pitman, NJ. The organizer wanted me to put the word out that there will also be some games on Sundays starting 1/19 at noon. Here's the announcement.
The MeetUp-dot-COM group: Gamers of the Cherry Hill Area (GOTCHA) is
announcing a Fantasy Flights "Star Wars X-Wing" minis game Tournament, organized and added by Brian Allen

Come out and join us to get in some practice sessions in these last couple of weeks before the Store, Regional, and National Championship tournaments begin.

WHEN: Sunday, January 19, 2014 beginning at 12:00 PM

WHERE: All the King's Men Chess & Games Store at #62 South Broadway, in Pitman, NJ 08071

COST: $5.oo Entry Fee to go to the winner in the form of store credit (Prizes TDB based on attendance)

Will you attend?
// Yes // No //

SPECIAL NOTE: Please RSVP via this Facebook event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/196529507209747/
I will only plan to be there to participate if any of you guys say that you will also be attending. Otherwise, I wait and go to the same place on Monday January 20th, 2014 evening for the Casual Gaming to save the five bucks, since it's already costing me 100 miles in gas.

OBTW: if the location sounds familiar, MikeLizio and NorthGate ran HeroScape tournaments there a couple years ago. Gosh, time flies like an arrow and flies like a banana. C'ya; - )

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events