Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:57 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: BoSS Procedures & Voting Thread

Does "playtested 3-4 times" mean 3-4 games, or 3-4 tests each of which consists of two Army tests?
Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:57 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

How do you guys feel about playtesting a HoSS unit and a BoSS battlefield at the same time? It's changing two variables at once, but do you think it will have too big of impact to allow?

Also, should we require a submission to state which category (Competitive, Casual, or Scenario) it is? And should we have a required format for the submission post?

Maybe something like:

Map Name
Type
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts on that?

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old February 2nd, 2015, 06:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I do like having a standard map PT report. I created one for the C3G map department that we can just bring over here and adapt as needed. I can put it in the third post of this thread that I saved.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:18 AM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I do like having a standard map PT report. I created one for the C3G map department that we can just bring over here and adapt as needed. I can put it in the third post of this thread that I saved.
Alright. And what about the two at once thing?

My Customs
Old February 3rd, 2015, 01:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I personally don't have an issue with those of us in the map department doing so, as we should be better able to appropriately judge impact the map has but that is just me. If the map fails the competitive aspects of the test, then that should be noted and the impact highlighted as to how it pertained to the unit tests. Letting just anyone who signs up do it however can be dangerous as not all gamers have the same level of experience with competitive map play and an understanding of how terrain impacts tactics.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 02:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Here is the Map PT form I put together for C3G. We can alter it if needed but should be an excellent base from which to start.

Playesting form for BoSS maps!
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 3rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
C3G Landlord

And here is something I saw in the C3G rules that we should talk about and implement here as well. What exactly happens in Final Editing?
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 3rd, 2015, 02:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks fine by me.
EDIT: Took a closer look, I revise my opinion.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; February 4th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 02:27 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
I personally don't have an issue with those of us in the map department doing so, as we should be better able to appropriately judge impact the map has but that is just me. If the map fails the competitive aspects of the test, then that should be noted and the impact highlighted as to how it pertained to the unit tests. Letting just anyone who signs up do it however can be dangerous as not all gamers have the same level of experience with competitive map play and an understanding of how terrain impacts tactics.
Yeah, this is where I stand. General public is a no, but those we deem to be experienced enough is a yes.
Old February 4th, 2015, 02:20 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Yeah, this is where I stand. General public is a no, but those we deem to be experienced enough is a yes.
I agree with @Karat , the reason being, if you have a broken map, you will not get a decent play test out of the figure on hand. A broken map can influence the whole game.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 4th, 2015, 03:36 PM

That's how I felt too.

My Customs
Old February 4th, 2015, 03:49 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

That sounds good.

YK, that final editing process also looks good, and the playtesting sheet is perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape