Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 27th, 2007, 04:23 PM

willwall54022 has disabled reputation
Tourny in minnesota

So im gonna be entering a tournament in minnesota and im still thinking about this army. Its 550 points.

Major Q9
Raelin the kyrie warrior
Krav Maga Agents
Death reaver x2
Warrior of Ashra

Total:550
The deathreavers will tie stuff up so Q9 and Krav can blow away.
Raelin will boost q9's and the agents' defense. Warrior of ashra will go in on the attack (mostly incase enemy has krug).

Some people say sexy and some people say willwall54022
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:14 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
my dad played an almost identical army to this for 500:

q9
raelin
krav
rats
WoA
Tarn

and your army is only 490 points.

Anyway that army did fairly well against my roman swarm until q9 wiffed with 9 dice. Other than that he was going to beat me. It is very solid. Just don't lose your krav too early.
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:44 AM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
That is a pretty solid army -- if you have any idea how to play it well. People will really hate you for it though.

I might be at the tournament, though, so I'm not going to give you any tips.

Old October 29th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
I hope you can make it, Gibberish.

Willwall, that looks pretty tough. Your best bet is to play-test it against the main kinds of armies you can expect to face and see how it does against them.
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I'm still not sure about my availability for this tournament (especially before it fills up), but the higher point total almost makes me want to try out some more expensive squads that often get overlooked, like Minions or Snipers. But in the end, I'd probably just go with a ton of 4th. Mass anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:35 PM

willwall54022 has disabled reputation
Ok thanks its just ill be kinda new to major q9 so...

Some people say sexy and some people say willwall54022
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Jexik, we're going to see what we can do to allow for a few more players than just 40. Soon as I know more, I'll let you know.

Also, I'd be leery of crafting an army that too heavily relies on tons of squads. Two of the maps we'll be using will very much blunt that kind of strategy, to some extent.

Just a quick pro-tip for you ahead of time.

Maps to be revealed in the next 2-3 weeks. Voting will be done to determine the final two maps out of 4-6 choices but 2 of them have already been locked in.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion