Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old July 1st, 2006, 11:22 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
customizing terrain help please

okay, so a while back i had the idea for graveyard terrain. My intents with this is grass terrain with a light grey (gray?) tint, along with some dead trees and tombstones.

i know some people have redone some of their terrain; what i ask is when repainting it, how do you do it?

do you paint the entire thing one color and go rom there or do you leave the are between the actual hexes the original color?
What kind of paint is best to use, spraypaint or brush on paint?
how many coats do you use?

also, has anyone done any good undead customs, such as vampires or zombies?
Old July 1st, 2006, 11:46 AM

Widigo has disabled reputation
I have done some terrain, but have never painted hexes. If i were you i would, use spray paint in one maby 2 coats. Keep it thin nad avoid getting it thick on the edges. They will not stack or fit right if you get them all gunked up. I look forward to seeing this finished.

Why not use a rock terrain piece, with some dirt mounds and what not. O well good luck, and for awesome terrain help go to

www.terragenesis.co.uk

Im widigo there also if you have any questions, im a little new so i may not be of much use though.

Sorry If I Spell like a Horgle, or Smell like one.
- Slimbo the Silly Shamin
Old July 1st, 2006, 11:49 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
some good tips in this story:
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain, Part 1: Hex Tiles
http://heroscapers.com/?p=10
Old July 1st, 2006, 06:09 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Would a grey or black wash be the answer? I'm not much of a painter, but from what I've read this seems to be a simple easy answer.
Old July 1st, 2006, 08:04 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I totally paint my tiles from top to bootom including the edges with thin layers of acrylics. This makes them a bit snugger but still manageable. I then add detail with a liner brush. I will make tombstones possibly Tuesday on my day off. If it works I will post them for you and tell you how to do it.
Old July 1st, 2006, 10:21 PM
has been BANNED

sweet skynight! i would like 2-3 different designs on tombstones, and would gladly do them myself, if given balsa wood or something else? any ideas on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widigo
Why not use a rock terrain piece, with some dirt mounds and what not.
well, i want to portray my image of "graveyard" witht this project, and my images are still green grass, but with a layer of fog on the ground, with random dead or dying trees scattered around and chipped or falling apart tombstones. I think the best way to do this is with grass terrain with a grey tint, but then again, i could do rock with a green tint, but i think grass and gray will work better
Old July 2nd, 2006, 06:25 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I do not know to much about balsa wood but I imagineit can't be to tough. I am going to try foam and a dremmel. I may make a large grass hex into a graveyard scene, this sounds kinda fun. Maybe two large grass hexes.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 09:08 AM
has been BANNED

hmm...foam? what kind of foam? like that Great Stuff spray foam? that might work. Wood was the first thing i though of, and sinse balsa wood is the lightest of all wood, i figured that would be my best bet. The only problem is that since it is so soft, it'll get dinged very easily....
Old July 2nd, 2006, 11:25 AM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
I know theres this Pink foam i used in Tech Ed, very very pliable (spelling?) and you can cut it with almost anything. (of corse be careful it will break easy too). Should make some nice tombstones. Be sure to add in dents, and creases to show ageing of the tombstones.

As for painting them, give em a good coat of black. then after there blackend, throw on a air brushed layer of Brown for wood, or gray for stone. Add a little green in around the base for some moss, and you should be set.

The tiles are not to hard to paint. Theres a nice tree from Horroclix that would go perfectly.

Heres what i would so, get a really light grey and Airbrush it onto each Hex.

Now heres were it will get tricky, get a big bag of pillow stuffing (prefrably grey) then it out and glue a little bit between the hexes. Have a tiny bit go onto the hexes.

With that smoke inbetween and the grey on the hexes should make it really creepy. Put some of the stuffing around the trees and hexes and your set.

Btw post pics!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles